Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 28-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Happyheart

Doreen Virtue Oracle Decks

Hi,

I have begun to connect with my angels, and although have used Tarot for a while, would like to try angel decks to see if the readings are stronger. I have Doreen Virtue's Messages from your Angels deck, but I just can't seem to connect with it. I also have her Goddess deck, which is a little better. Does anyone have any success with any of her other decks? Unfortunately, her decks are the most accessible to me in my geographical area, so I'm only asking about hers. I quite like the idea of her Archangel Oracle, or the Archangel Michael deck. I would love to hear from anyone who reads successfully with any of Doreen's decks. Thank you so much

xxxlove Happyheart
Old 28-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Ciqala

I've seen them at my local store, and i never felt a connection to them at all either, so i never bought them. My local store allows us to be able to open a demo package to see if we connect to them before we buy.
Old 28-12-2010, 08:24 AM
Summerkat

Hi Happyheart, I have a few of her decks also. I can't connect with her angel decks either. The only one of hers that I get decent readings with is her "Healing With the Fairies" oracle. Fairies are part of the angelic realm also but they work with healing the Earth..nature and animals and us as well. You might like that one.

But the best Faerie deck is Brian Froud's "Faeries Oracle." Thats an awesome deck.
Old 28-12-2010, 08:45 AM
SoaringSpirit

I have her "Magical messages from the Fairies", "Magical Unicorns" and "Messages from your Angels" decks and I connect with them all fabulously and get great results with them.
Old 28-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Happyheart

Thanks for all your replies

I have heard that the fairy decks are nice. I tend to get turned off decks if I don't like the artwork, same goes with the Tarot. I'll have to check out the fairies to see how I feel about the art.

Also, I have a question about some of her decks, with the blurb at the bottom of each card. Do you stick closely to this, or do you just use it as a guide? One of the reasons I can't get on with Messages from your Angels is that I don't like the blurb. I know we should use our own intuition, but I can't seem to ignore what she has written. The Goddess Guidance cards are less wordy, and the phrases are more general, and to me, reminiscent of many tarot cards. I find this deck easier to read with, although I don't have a connection with many of the "goddesses".

thanks guys

xxxHappyheart
Old 28-12-2010, 12:59 PM
SoaringSpirit

Happyheart, always go with your intuition. I find that the 'blurb' is a guide which then prompts other info into my head directly from the angels/fairies or whomever I'm dealing with.

Just look at the card and say whatever comes into your mind.
Old 28-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Enya

I'd suggest you try her Ascended Masters pack. It's one of the few DV packs I can connect with and is direct, honest and always makes me work!
Old 28-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Katiecat

I have her "Healing with the Fairies" oracle deck..I connect well with it and love it. The only complaint I have about this deck is that the back of the cards have a picture that has a top/bottom to it...instead of a symetrical design on it. That bothers me because I can see as I lay out cards which ones will be reversed before I flip them over. I like cards to have an "unbiased" backside. lol

As far as the blurbs on the cards, I just use them for a general idea of a card. I don't really use the cards other than as a tool to get my intuition flowing.
Old 29-12-2010, 01:35 AM
white_monarch

I use, and quite enjoy her 'Healing with the angels' Deck.
Old 29-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Katiecat

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_monarch
I use, and quite enjoy her 'Healing with the angels' Deck.

That is the deck that I would like to get next, as I have heard it goes hand-in-hand with the "Healing with the Fairies" deck that I already have...and love.