Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 16-11-2010, 03:08 AM
sunny shine

Question Is it possle that you AP and you dont know?

I remember posting several months back about something that I wasn’t sure if it was OBE or lucid dreaming. I haven’t had many experiences after this. May be I blocked out because of fear.

Recently I have been visiting this sub forum often and read about peoples' experiences just out of curiosity and interest.

couple of days back, in the middle of my sleep I was conscious I was flying and an immediate thought stuck that I should take some proof (in that deep sleep ) and then I came down to a parking lot bunch of cars, I told in my mind I want to look at the number plate of the red Ferrari, then I immediately was taken behind the vehicle I also saw the number 4420 and I was repeating to myself I should remember this and took few seconds looking at the number plate, when I woke up I remembered the number but not other details on that number plate; which obviously I wasn't noticing carefully. when this was happening it was like a small tornado I don’t know if it light or air, around me, I did not feel like a body though, like I was seeing through a long distance binoculars (like that one pirates have) only that it was a rotating energy not an object literally.

But I wasn’t sure if it’s just a dream based on all that I read here, or I come to know about AP or was it real?
Old 16-11-2010, 03:19 AM
Rumar

I'll repeat my answer as you have repeated a question:
OBE and Lucid Dreaming is the same as Astral Projection, people AP all the time whether it's consciously, subconsciously, or unconsciously, majority of people do it unconsciously, the goal is for everyone to be able to do it consciously. It's all by choice though, so fears and public paranoia keeps people from freedom.
Old 22-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Alan

Lucid dreaming is an acquirable skill so it's very likely that people do project in ignorance. However from your description I do not know what you are talking about. There are times when you are asleep physically and mentally, although you will function in the astral plane as if you are awake. You will act and think with understanding, logic, rationale, and purpose, but you won't actually be conscious unless you will it so (at this stage it's easier to remember the dream and wake up in it). However based on definitions, this is not "projecting without knowing". This is being asleep but acting as if you are conscious.
Old 22-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Master
this sounds to me like an OBE, which is what we do every night while we sleep, just that we arent always aware of this fact...lucid dreaming is also an OBE, there is no such thing as "just a dream" however, id like to point out, that all OBE's are not astral projection as there are several planes within, not just the astral, so you may well have projected beyond the astral...
Old 22-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Sangress

In short: yes.

But you need to be in a certain frame of mind to be completely unconscious or oblivious to the fact that your not in your body anymore.

Lucid dreams are easy to separate from astral because you can control what happens there. If you want something, think of it materializing in front of you while you think your in a dream, if it happens then its a dream.

If it doesn't then pinch yourself, if you feel no pain and your hand goes through where your arm is meant to be, its most likely an AP.

Though these aren't full proof methods, it works for a lot of people.
Old 22-11-2010, 07:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
In short: yes.

But you need to be in a certain frame of mind to be completely unconscious or oblivious to the fact that your not in your body anymore.

Lucid dreams are easy to separate from astral because you can control what happens there. If you want something, think of it materializing in front of you while you think your in a dream, if it happens then its a dream.

If it doesn't then pinch yourself, if you feel no pain and your hand goes through where your arm is meant to be, its most likely an AP.

Though these aren't full proof methods, it works for a lot of people.
i disagree, because you can do exactly the same thing on the astral plane, the causal, the mental, the etheric, and so on and on, in full consciousness, and that is why that doesnt make it a dream, it is only perceived as a dream if you dont realize you are aware out of the body...it is also possible to simply be aware out of the body, without actually leaving the body, ive done it, fully awake and sitting at a friend's house while he checked his email and BAM~! suddenly out looking at an incredible scene,not even remotely of this world, and well beyond the astral and mental planes, all while still looking out the window with my physical eyes....there is the soul itself, and then there are many lower bodies, but the soul is the individual unit of awareness, and is capable of being individually conscious of each lower body form, regardless of whether or not any of the lower forms are aware of it, now this is just my experience, and i dont mean to count yours as a lesser thing, not at all, but there are literally hundreds of planes between the physical, and the soul, and each one has a body that soul is in control of, i listed 5 planes to simplify it, but each different vibratory rate requires a form, soul of itself is formless...