Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 29-09-2011, 11:57 AM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Feeling extremely old

Hi guys,

I don't know is this the right section to write about this but since there are these topics about reincarnation...

I just would like to know is there others out there who have always felt old? And I really mean always as even as a child? Is there anybody else here who has this feeling that you actually hope your life is the last life on earth because you just... I don't know... feel you're bored? That you have seen it all already? That you hope that after this life you could get back home, what ever that home is? I mean I'm definitely not saying that I wouldn't love to be alife and here living my life right now, or not taking my life as a gift because that it definitely is, but just... I kind of hope this is my last one. That during this life I'm able to do those things I feel I still need to do and after that I could leave and move on to something new...

Does this make any sense to anyone?
Old 29-09-2011, 12:00 PM
Medium_Laura

oh yeah.. I was told I'm on my 88th life by some Native Shaman. I feel like it's got to be more! lol

I don't think I'm done though. Sadly, I hoped I would be.!

We feel like we've been here forever or often because time is so slow here. The Other Side has no concept of time and 40 years is like 40 minutes! It is probably why we seem to incarnate so much in a short time. To us on that side, it's like coming home, seeing family/friends, looking through our records, deciding on our next "lessons" and popping back here. (which probably took about 50 years earth time)

:)
Old 29-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Master
Hello HiItsJustMeAgain ... welcome to the community :)
I can recall feeling really old when i was younger ... not so much bored with everything but certainly feeling that my experience was all encompassing ... and now i am old ... and no way did I realize how much there was in between then and now which was new to me ... and with so much more to come ...
Old 29-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Experiencer

I definitely feel older than what I am. I've always felt I was an old man even when I was a kid. I'm 36 but I feel more like I'm in my 70s, 80s or even 90s. I feel I talk more like an older person, I'm slow and have very little energy/metabolism.

I tend to find interest in older things too, like I'm a railfan. I love trains but I prefer older diesel locos and carriages rather than modern high speed trains. Not a huge fan of steam traction though, more so early diesel traction. I like older movies, like John Wayne, Clint Eastwood etc. I listen to older music, 60s, 70s, Louis Armstrong, Johnny Cash, The Animals, Procol Harum etc. I also prefer older women but won't elaborate any further.

I am a person who lives in the past, I dwell on things and can take me ages to overcome them if I do at all. I can remember things that happened to me and let it get to a point where it becomes an everyday thought pattern.

My mum reckons I'm a young soul but I disagree, I think I've been around a while. I have a feeling I may have lived very old in my previous life, that same old tired soul resides within me.
Old 29-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Guide
When I was younger, I used to get frustrated having to go to school because on the inside I felt that I should already be past that, that I was much older than my body. I've always been quite a mature person but I didn't give it much thought, though I did read on some website a while back, a long list of points that could mean you're an old soul and most of them fitted me, plus, it just feels 'right' to me, like it is true and I somehow know it on the inside.

Could be wrong but I try not to dwell on it too much. Once I've become more aware, eventually I will try to find out the truth about my past lives and such but for now I just try and get on with it, no matter how old I feel inside
Old 29-09-2011, 03:54 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiItsJustMeAgain
Hi guys,

I don't know is this the right section to write about this but since there are these topics about reincarnation...

I just would like to know is there others out there who have always felt old? And I really mean always as even as a child? Is there anybody else here who has this feeling that you actually hope your life is the last life on earth because you just... I don't know... feel you're bored? That you have seen it all already? That you hope that after this life you could get back home, what ever that home is? I mean I'm definitely not saying that I wouldn't love to be alife and here living my life right now, or not taking my life as a gift because that it definitely is, but just... I kind of hope this is my last one. That during this life I'm able to do those things I feel I still need to do and after that I could leave and move on to something new...

Does this make any sense to anyone?

This makes sense to me. As a child I used to feel old, and even now I feel old, sometimes ancient. I used to tell my mother when I was little that I couldn't do it all again meaning I was just too tired to come back again. Those are still my sentiments.
Like you, I do like being alive but I just don't want to do it all again.

My friends also tell me I'm old. They say they are convinced that I'm actually 1000 years old, just in the body of a 20 year old. Haha.
Old 29-09-2011, 04:01 PM
Master
It's a crazy subject ~ I felt old when I was young, and now I just feel age just isn't relevant. If I've been here many lifetimes, I'm unaware of them and don't concern myself ~ shrug~ and I was brainwashed by Jiminy Cricket with that song, part of which says "...Don't you want to live to be 103?" haha. Watching TV as a child, I remember nodding enthusiastically to that query. That sentiment has stayed with me, no matter what, including 2 heart attacks, diabetes, and the whole 9 yards of physical stuff and personal losses. I think in the beginning, it was that Capricorn thing, where I read that Cappies are old when they're young and vice versa. The old saw about being as young as you feel applies for me.

Old 29-09-2011, 06:13 PM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
oh yeah.. I was told I'm on my 88th life by some Native Shaman. I feel like it's got to be more! lol

I don't think I'm done though. Sadly, I hoped I would be.!

We feel like we've been here forever or often because time is so slow here. The Other Side has no concept of time and 40 years is like 40 minutes! It is probably why we seem to incarnate so much in a short time. To us on that side, it's like coming home, seeing family/friends, looking through our records, deciding on our next "lessons" and popping back here. (which probably took about 50 years earth time)

:)

Oh wow I didn't know about that time thing :o Very interesting... Thanks for sharing and thanks for the reply!
Old 29-09-2011, 06:15 PM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Hello HiItsJustMeAgain ... welcome to the community :)
I can recall feeling really old when i was younger ... not so much bored with everything but certainly feeling that my experience was all encompassing ... and now i am old ... and no way did I realize how much there was in between then and now which was new to me ... and with so much more to come ...

Thank you sound!

And yes I always try to find something new to learn but... I don't know. I just don't know.
Old 29-09-2011, 06:19 PM
HiItsJustMeAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colhad75
I definitely feel older than what I am. I've always felt I was an old man even when I was a kid. I'm 36 but I feel more like I'm in my 70s, 80s or even 90s. I feel I talk more like an older person, I'm slow and have very little energy/metabolism.

I tend to find interest in older things too, like I'm a railfan. I love trains but I prefer older diesel locos and carriages rather than modern high speed trains. Not a huge fan of steam traction though, more so early diesel traction. I like older movies, like John Wayne, Clint Eastwood etc. I listen to older music, 60s, 70s, Louis Armstrong, Johnny Cash, The Animals, Procol Harum etc. I also prefer older women but won't elaborate any further.

I am a person who lives in the past, I dwell on things and can take me ages to overcome them if I do at all. I can remember things that happened to me and let it get to a point where it becomes an everyday thought pattern.

My mum reckons I'm a young soul but I disagree, I think I've been around a while. I have a feeling I may have lived very old in my previous life, that same old tired soul resides within me.

Wow that's interesting. So different from me. I actually love new things, new technology and I definitely don't life in the past. I just feel old. And not even physically but... My thoughts are old? something like that.