Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-11-2017, 06:56 AM
Suspended
Why are we here? hmmm... I'll share here...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
I agree. This is why I try to narrow my beliefs down to what I can experience and observe. I too look around me, and ask "What can be the purpose of so much pain and suffering? If God is so loving, why does S/He allow it? Why are there so many differrent beliefs, all claiming to be the right ones? If God is all-powerful, why doesn't S/He just make things the way S/HE wants, instead of this chaotic madness?", etc.

For example, I observe that awareness is almost universally rewarded. I observe that anything can happen, good or bad, to anyone at any time, though some seem to have a charmed life, and some seem to have a cursed life. I observe that those who ascend have transcended fear. I observe that God made the universe a certain way, so I must assume S/He wanted it that way, and so deduce things are the way they are for that reason, etc..

I look around me and all become clues to a vast puzzle, which frankly doesn't seem so puzzling if one just accepts what one sees and think it through. I believe that the universe is the 'Word of God', so take my clues from that.
So we find ourselves on a planet in space, space is a big place but on this blue planet it can get a bit crazy at times right? like kioma says here in his post so what is the point of some being, being placed on a planet that can be harsh, violent, cruel, have challenges and all the rest.. why? why does a nice little innocent child some day just find themselves here side by side with all of this stuff? it's almost like this planet is the ultimate How Deep Can You Love game don't you think? any being that can walk amongst this planet blazing with the glory of divine unconditional Love radiating from them has pritty much just owned this whole show, you walked through the crazy lands and you didn't let it consume you, congratulations, congratulations level complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centered
I agree there are many beautiful thing in the duality, however the imbalance of masculine and female energies is still way off.

I personally would like to see it change much faster, then retain a full balance eternally.

Here is another example with this quote from Centered, Centered wants something here in life, im just taking the example of the wanting of something, this is pointing the way to why we are here maybe! what ever you want is showing you, imagine if you already had what you wanted, now what would you feel? you would feel joyful maybe? happy? most people are going after this in some way but can you see how wanting shows you the state of being you are after? does that make sense? whats that saying as well "follow your joy" we have all maybe heard that saying before some where right? So by you wanting something thats showing you the state which you are wanting to be in, a happy, joyful state and im not saying if you want anything it means your not happy we can still want stuff and want to do stuff an be happy too at the same time. Some spiritual people may say oh you don't need to look outside of yourself for happiness and joy, i understand what they mean but also, guess what? your the whole universe so its ok theres nothing outside of yourself if we come from that perspective, plus it's just fun to do stuff as well. So follow your joys and passions maybe thats why we are here too, a combination of the first thing i said above and this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Why we are here is up to us as individuals to create. If we want to that is. Who else would decide this? Does anyone believe that there is some outside source that decides all this?
I also talked about that in a thread recently do we create things and make them happen or is the universe, if we saw it all layed out in front of us mathematically perfect in some mind blowing way.. we are not separate from the universe so we are creating it all but in some perfect way, it's trippy to think about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Does anyone see the point of existence for a child who died the same day they were born?
What someone who does a lot of medium work once shared with me about this topic is that when a young child is born and dies early it can sometimes be an experience for the parents, that soul/consciousness or whatever people want to call that incarnates into human bodys is friends with the parents on the other side and to help the parents to grow during this life, they have organized to experience this, that soul incarnates into a body and dies so that it's parents can have that experience and grow from it, i hope no one gets mad at me for sharing this, it's just what a medium shared with me once.

So thats my input on this.
Edited the post, added stuff to it.

Last edited by Nature Grows : 29-11-2017 at 09:31 AM.
Old 29-11-2017, 08:49 AM
Master
Why are we here? Really, why is anything here? I try not make it a question when i feel down. Ok so i am here, in this spot in life. How can i make this better? Or how can I get through this? Honestly sometimes that doesn't work either. Since i really like trees i think of the ginkgo tree. This tree has been on the earth for at least 200 million years. It somehow survived 3 mass extinctions along with ice ages and the Hiroshima bombing in Japan. Today its commonly planted as a street tree because of its toughness and its beauty. Hey if a tree can't move or think to survive, its simply has to adapt and work through the issue so can i. I don't know if that helped at all.
Old 29-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Master

Quote:
As much wisdom as there is in your statement, it still begs the question why the heck did we forget in the first place. lol Hopefully not a slip-n-fall, or metaphysical dementia.

Thanks for the input

Hi Centered,

"We" didn't forget. Spirit made the willful sacrifice by dividing Itself up into the multiplicity - the Cosmic evolutionary scheme we have incarnated into - and thereby conditionally 'forgetting' an all-knowing into a self-oblivion of Ignorance. From this begins the opportunity of each individual to realize their true unconditional identity as Spirit.

~ J
Old 29-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Newbie ;)

I really enjoyed your reply!
Old 30-11-2017, 02:00 PM
Master
Quote:
I often wonder what the point is, why exactly we are here on this plane of existence. If we come from an all knowing source, from the oneness, from an eternal with no end, then end up in this matrix of chaos that appears to be finite. What's the point?
Great 'leading' question, O Centered (in a 'Cloud' of 'If-then-Why Unknowing') One.

Pondering the human condition (predicament?) and trying to piece the puzzle together in a way which would lead us peeps to make it 'better' (i.e. a more 'heavenly' place/experience -- a lot of it is 'hellish', aye what?), I wrote a book wherein I 'traced' the course of evolution, explained how earthly life got the point where it is, extrapolated where it was going, and postulated how it would get there. [P.S. In this regard, I 'see' myself as being an 'idea architect' of sorts.]

There is much more that is pertinent to your Q in the book, which I called Godspeak 2000 'cuz it was completed in 1999 , but here are some 'key' (I think) excerpts from it:

Quote:
The potentially liberating and amendatory truth … is that everybody in existence is spiritually motivated by a mindfully discriminating intrinsic potency. This was termed ‘atman’ or ‘soul’ by sages of old, who recognized everyone and everything as an immediate expression of the universally present, intelligently creative essence which they understood to be the real meaning of ‘Brahman’ and ‘God’. But, because such words have been misappropriated by custom and their significance sometimes grossly distorted by misusage, I generally refer to it alternatively, as Intelligence, Creativity, Life Itself or the Life-Force. However labeled, it is the source ‘element’ from which all Being springs, the core I-Am-That-I-Am, THAT which IS at root within each and everyone. (Though the full import of this cause of all causes may yet escape you, the following review and analysis of our catalog of scientific knowledge should at least make its fundamental character obvious.) …
Quote:
The direction and purpose of such inherent power and intentionality can be deduced from the cumulation and trend of results which have so far occurred. Progressively, the creative essence of Being has conspired to form an array of what, because of our material orientation, we’ve called ‘sub-atomic particles’; these have interacted and engaged in such ways as to produce ‘electrons’, ‘protons’ and ‘neutrons’ which, in turn, have combined to create the various ‘atoms’ and ‘molecules’ we have become familiar with; and these, through more concerted effort, have coalesced into cellular and multi-cellular units, in stages, generating ever more complex aggregations of body, mind and spirit—the whole hierarchy and procession we know as Life.

In ascending sequence, with prior developments integrated and built upon, ‘bodies’ have become more coordinated, ‘spirits’ more potent, ‘minds’ more perceptive, resident Intelligence more designful and adept. Even what some call ‘simple’ single-celled organisms are architectural masters capable of cognizing, culling and compiling environmental ingredients so as to reproduce themselves and further their particular line of development. Each succeeding level of integration further demonstrates the aim of the impetus inherent within all being—that is, to seek and establish cooperative affiliation with suitable others in order to enhance creativity and increase the degree of intelligent actualization.

Life’s evolutionary accomplishments in such pursuit are extremely varied in range and infinitely diverse; and, because of the involuted nature of their interconnectedness and interdependence, the ways in which its many forms and levels are related cannot be simply stated. Generally speaking, however, one might say that ‘lesser’ combinations of body, mind and spirit tend to be incorporated by, and serve to sustain, those more comprehensively developed. With their more energized spirits, more mobile bodies and more dimensional minds, for example, animals prevail over vegetation for the most part; and the more capable among them prevail over the rest.

Members of our species stand at the peak of a fantastic living pyramid, borne by the earth and sustained by energy continually streaming from the sun. Cresting a progression that has taken place over aeons and ages, we have emerged ascendant, capable of much more than great physical dexterity and coordination. Our laughter and our tears demonstrate, in dimensions of Mind and Spirit, how far beyond its other earthly manifestations Intelligence has developed in the process of becoming human.
Quote:
Note, however, this … is not strictly interpretable on an ‘individual’ basis. In fact, since every living entity is part of a larger one (except for the whole), the very concept of ‘an’ individual is a categorical oversimplification of the truth. As is clearly the case with multi-cellular organisms and the cells that comprise them, Life is not an individual phenomenon or attribute. Existence is an integrated continuum, with ‘lesser’ Life nested within ‘greater’ Life, from the very least, up to and including the totality of being. Actualization is therefore not just a private matter, governed by individual power and choice. The principle of ‘the survival of the fittest’, for example, is less a function of personal power and prerogative than of living context. While ‘individual’ units pursue goals of their own, the results of their initiatives are determined by the hierarchical bearing of entities they are part of, as these go about effecting more comprehensive values in the same process.
I hope you and other readers find these tasty morsels to chew on. If anyone is interested, a pdf copy of the whole book is freely downloadable: click here.
Old 30-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Master

Quote:
I often wonder what the point is, why exactly we are here on this plane of existence. If we come from an all knowing source, from the oneness, from an eternal with no end, then end up in this matrix of chaos that appears to be finite. What's the point?

This, I'm sure, is one of the more important questions we have to face during the years we are on this planet. So I'd like to add a little more to that which I have already written.

Life, if you stop and think about it is something really weird. It's a very peculiar state of things. We accept it without question as being normal and as children we asked our mum or dad 'why am I here' or something similar. None of us received an answer - so we all just let it be and got on with it.
Maybe that is the very essence of life - maybe it is 'normal'. So when you talk about a 'plane of existence' what do you mean exactly?. Ever thought about it? What could possibly lead us to the conclusion that there are various 'planes'. The answer is probably 'our upbringing'. We were, have been and still are surrounded by the culture in which we live and so find (more or less) the answers we seem to need.
We use words, words which for each of us have a different meaning. 'Soul' for instance - well tell me, what is 'a soul'. What is 'spirit'. Do souls and spirit(s) really exists and if so where? On other planes maybe?.
What is real?
There are two things we can say with certainty that are real, one is matter and the other is mind. This we all know whether religious in some way or not. Look at the planet. Everything that exists which isn't a direct part of nature has been constructed by humans using their mind imagination. The greatest cities and the smallest whatever. We don't need or are anything other than mind and matter. All those 'planes' which we describe with words which we don't actually understand or at least can't explain even though they are constantly on our lips are also figments of our imagination. That's all we are and all that anything and everything is, we are mind and matter. Our minds constantly create the world in which we find ourselves.

Our imaginations, whether individual or collective is/are the most powerful force in the universe. Think about it and this understanding explains all you need to know.

We, and everything else (depending upon its 'plane' ) is part of this never-ending, constantly changing thing we call life. This flow of which we take part is how the universe evolves. That's the point of existence. To evolve, but into something that we as yet cannot imagine because 'God' is making the same unknown journey with us and with everything - together with the now known two trillion galaxies. We humans have taken a few small steps; we started off as minerals, then evolved to plants, then to animals and now we are sentient beings, responsible for ourselves, but as yet in a very wishy-washy way.

Morals, ethics, laws, constitutions, beauty, art, architecture, good, bad, music, colours, philosophy, knowledge, happiness, sadness, pain, suffering, joy - and all the rest all stem from the human brain and its world.

Until conciousness entered the universe it was a silent and dark place.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Well that's the answer that we always think or hear from others, but again if we come from an all knowing source, what is there exactly to learn.

I find it really senseless to get someway cut loose from source to learn things all over again, or discover things just to go back to source.

And if we are like children, how exactly did we get that way if we are eternal?

Wow, I really appreciate your ability to use logic and reason.

Do you think life is a game?
Old 01-12-2017, 03:28 AM
Master
Quote:

This is all me just stabbing like a wild man in the dark. here goes.

To experience it.

To experience it from a position that is not omnipotent.

The point is what we clearly feel. Happiness and fear. If we did come from some all knowing source that is heavenly, then surely whatever we want to experience that is better than that is what we are experiencing now. And what we are always experiencing is shades of fear and happiness. We are also feeling a journey, we are in control of our journey and our feelings help guide us to our destinations.
What other reason would we have for being here? From somehow being ejected from heaven? a fall? lol. I think not. I think now. Now is the thing we are seeking and is why we would part from God.

It's not just experiencing the now, it's being a conscious being experiencing now, because a conscious being has will power and can create things.

Also, this might be what a collective consciousness feels like. The veil of separation, the "illusion" of separation as some people call it, maybe thats what it felt like inside God too.

Maybe this is the pinnacle of God, the apex of heaven. Maybe if we go inside God at death, and we ya know, submerge our singular self into the stream of eternity that is God the totality or whatever, MAYBE IT FEELS JUST LIKE THIS. maybe we still are individuals, but also something more. Some great masters claim to experience it while still alive, being an individual but also having a sense of being one with all the universe.

It's not just a fairy tale, or mission impossible unless you are Jesus or Buddha, I think there is the potential while alive on earth to experience things that only those who have submerged into the Godstream have.

What would be so special about that though you might say. Well it's special to be a conscious being experiencing now. If we say that every being in the universe has a special ability to "build" God in some way, to expand on what is infinite, to create within the creation new creations. Co creations. And we also say that some beings are able to build better than others, that there is a scale of consciousness and some beings are higher on this scale than others (human woot woot). Then we can agree that we see that in our world, animals are bound to an instinctual destiny, eat or be eaten, reproduce but not create, and man can change his destiny. Man can manipulate the universe (God) in ways that no other being can (so far that we know of).
Old 01-12-2017, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows

What someone who does a lot of medium work once shared with me about this topic is that when a young child is born and dies early it can sometimes be an experience for the parents, that soul/consciousness or whatever people want to call that incarnates into human bodys is friends with the parents on the other side and to help the parents to grow during this life, they have organized to experience this, that soul incarnates into a body and dies so that it's parents can have that experience and grow from it, i hope no one gets mad at me for sharing this, it's just what a medium shared with me once.

Do you believe in what the medium was saying? Or are you unsure? What's your input?
Old 01-12-2017, 06:19 PM
Master

We all seem to like it here and that may be the original idea.