Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Pathfinder
Why Do This Again?

I hope this is the right sub-forum to put this in.

Since a young age I've always had the impression that we are all one, part of the same source. Over the years I've developed this and read many different things about general spirituality and one thing recently is standing out to me.

There is a theory that we came here (soul selves) from other worlds to experience life on Earth and to raise our vibrations while here. To experience ascension - again. There's the key word - the common theory is that we've done this before, perhaps many times. On different worlds and perhaps even in very very old Earth times (not sure on that one). A complementary theory is that our souls are pieces of one big whole - God, all-that-is, the One, whatever you want to label it. We are not actually separate from that whole, only experiencing life in singularity for this total experience.

So my question is.. what are some theories people have as to why we would WANT to do this? I mean - taking that question with the theory that we have *done this before* and also that we, when reunited with our true selves, already *know* what it's like to live here and what it's like at a higher vibration, and all that. The whole self - the God source or whatever - already "knows" everything (and theoretically has already played this game before anyway), so why would we feel the need to do it at all?

I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question. I just love hearing others' viewpoints and ideas. :)
Old 20-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Guide
Do you play video games?
Addictive aren't they?

Well...putting on the flesh and trying to get past your previous score to a higher level might be the same kind of fun ;)
Old 20-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Pathfinder
lol! Okay, I can see that. But generally when we play video games we don't really know what the outcome (or even sub-story outcomes) will be going into it. Wouldn't the highest soul self know what the outcomes are already? Or do you think we can surprise ourselves? Or maybe it's fun even knowing ahead of time? I have fun playing The Sims even though not much is surprising in that game.
Old 20-02-2014, 08:07 PM
Guide
While we are in this game of life we dont know the outcome...and perhaps in this ignorance the soul finds the game to be fun.
Knowing everything all the time can get kinda dull....so sometimes you have to inject a little life (pun fully intended) into things .

Rawn
Old 20-02-2014, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by cydonia1978

Since a young age I've always had the impression that we are all one, part of the same source. Over the years I've developed this and read many different things about general spirituality and one thing recently is standing out to me.

There is a theory that we came here (soul selves) from other worlds to experience life on Earth and to raise our vibrations while here. To experience ascension - again. There's the key word - the common theory is that we've done this before, perhaps many times. On different worlds and perhaps even in very very old Earth times (not sure on that one). A complementary theory is that our souls are pieces of one big whole - God, all-that-is, the One, whatever you want to label it. We are not actually separate from that whole, only experiencing life in singularity for this total experience.

So my question is.. what are some theories people have as to why we would WANT to do this? I mean - taking that question with the theory that we have *done this before* and also that we, when reunited with our true selves, already *know* what it's like to live here and what it's like at a higher vibration, and all that. The whole self - the God source or whatever - already "knows" everything (and theoretically has already played this game before anyway), so why would we feel the need to do it at all?

I hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question. I just love hearing others' viewpoints and ideas. :)

And yes, you have done this before, and ascension is nothing new to you as well as the Law of One, as it is sometimes called.
But this is your truth, and not every ones on this planet. You need to understand this. There are spirits, and this are most on this planet, who are seriously stuck. And this is where you come in. It's a little bit like holding a lantern in the dark so everyone who wants to can follow it.
Just do your bit.
Old 21-02-2014, 02:19 AM
Knower

Quote:

Ah, the usual line of reasoning is that going into the "unknowing" and then gradually "waking up" all over again is "fun".
Old 21-02-2014, 03:01 AM
St.Stephen

Quote:

Even though all that could be true they are still just beliefs. Just live life to the fullest. You seem to have the mindset that your soul has been around for ever. So if that's the case there is not point, just experiencing no flavors of life kind of like a video game he mentioned.
Old 21-02-2014, 05:08 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawnrr
While we are in this game of life we dont know the outcome...and perhaps in this ignorance the soul finds the game to be fun.
Knowing everything all the time can get kinda dull....so sometimes you have to inject a little life (pun fully intended) into things .Rawn

I love it & I certainly agree!

Everything a person does now is for their future whether it be on earth now or in a next incarnation ...
As a spirit we spend alot of time preparing for our next incarnation aside from popping in on human relatives, traveling around, harp lessons, etc ...
I believe both human & spirit experiences ready us for life as a human being ...
Depending on the challenges we have chosen, we might be able to tap the memory much easier to recall wisdom or what lessons we are too learn ...
Sometimes, our choice may not provide the most ideal body, mind &/or circumstances, but we still have to learn to work w/them ...
I don't recall the name of a certain mathematician (Steve ?) who is absolutely brilliant & is also completely handicapped ...
Technology has provided the means for him to function as well as achieve his goals ...

Over the past 30 or so years, I've read that while in the spirit world we can leave markers/signs for ourself for purposes of recognition or direction ...
To this day, the only marker I have come across is one that suddenly came to mind while in my 7th grade science class dissecting a frog w/my lab partner w/whom I had a crush on (he was a cutie patootie! ...
Never once did I think about it till till I met him in college ...
All I could say was, "Oh, no! Not now! I'm too busy!" ...

I've also experienced a chain of synchronicities over the course of a year ...
They all lead to my husband's death ...
Regardless, there was no way humanly possible to prepare for the magnitude of devastation either for myself or my children ...

I've survived the death of my soulmate, near death experiences during assault, suicide attempts by my loved ones ...
Life has been a wild ride & sometimes, its been a screaming **** this in the darkness at the gates of hell, but then I work hard to heal to get back on track & its all good again one day at a time ...

Maybe, we should all consider ways to set markers for the next life ...