Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Ascender
Thats because you are focusing on the darkness, and not wanting to know (unbiasely) what exists within it. If you project a bias onto an unknown living mass, it will take the form of that connected thought. Because you are urging it to be seen, and you do not yet know what it looks like... You are shown "what you do know", because that is the only light you can shed in the matter.

When it comes to what you know and what you dont know, its all a language through thought. Or rather, images compiled to give you a complete thought. If a thought cannot be translated through what you know, you will see something you do not understand based from things you do know.
Old 31-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Malthoruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
Thats because you are focusing on the darkness, and not wanting to know (unbiasely) what exists within it. If you project a bias onto an unknown living mass, it will take the form of that connected thought. Because you are urging it to be seen, and you do not yet know what it looks like... You are shown "what you do know", because that is the only light you can shed in the matter.

When it comes to what you know and what you dont know, its all a language through thought. Or rather, images compiled to give you a complete thought. If a thought cannot be translated through what you know, you will see something you do not understand based from things you do know.
Sorry but you are mistaken, I want to know what exists within. That is the entire point of it all is, I can see it on the outside for what it is but the inside is unknown and inexperienced by humans that whatever truly exists within can not be known until I am lucky enough to see into when it chooses to let me see inside it. And yes, I agree. There will be things i am shown that make absolutely no sense in the experience I have. Would it be going to far to say I have already experienced this to a degree? In honesty I have not been able to see far enough in to know anything besides what most can already see. But I have received dreams about one thing within that I am eager to see, but unable to until the right time, I know all of this as it was detailed in my dream.

So that you understand better let me quickly tell you my dream. In the dream I was talking to another and as it was said in my dream when I leave I will meet up with a person important to me, spiritually. This person will show me the true meaning of the Left Eye of Horus, because as I understand it the human meaning is different.(I know I talked about symbolism being useless in the darkness but I still feel that statement is true. I think it is just human interpretation got in the way at some point.) But the person is unable to see the true meaning, and for whatever reason talked about that only I can see it. And before anyone says anything no, when it said me leaving it meant so in physical location sense, not my death. So I know with certainty when the time comes of my departure and I meet up with this person something important, not only to the darkness but me personally, will be revealed.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Master
Louisa... it seems to me that sometimes, instead of just being open to it, maybe I have to avidly pursue it, sort of try to brainwash myself with the idea that I'm trying to change.

It's a funny thing about grace. The harder we try the more we get its way.

I find that as I continue in letting go of my ideas, expectations and familiar reactions the faster I expand and develop, not only as I want to but in ways I could not have imagined. I suppose this is one reason grace is considered a mystery, but real nonetheless.

Xan

Old 01-06-2012, 02:29 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
It's a funny thing about grace. The harder we try the more we get its way.

I find that as I continue in letting go of my ideas, expectations and familiar reactions the faster I expand and develop, not only as I want to but in ways I could not have imagined. I suppose this is one reason grace is considered a mystery, but real nonetheless.

I will try to keep this in mind. I'll try to see how much I can just let go.
Though seeking out grace eventually seemed to yield results for me in the past, it seemed a bit like a battle, and took a while to work.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:49 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malthoruk
Sorry but you are mistaken, I want to know what exists within. That is the entire point of it all is, I can see it on the outside for what it is but the inside is unknown and inexperienced by humans that whatever truly exists within can not be known until I am lucky enough to see into when it chooses to let me see inside it. And yes, I agree. There will be things i am shown that make absolutely no sense in the experience I have. Would it be going to far to say I have already experienced this to a degree? In honesty I have not been able to see far enough in to know anything besides what most can already see. But I have received dreams about one thing within that I am eager to see, but unable to until the right time, I know all of this as it was detailed in my dream.

So that you understand better let me quickly tell you my dream. In the dream I was talking to another and as it was said in my dream when I leave I will meet up with a person important to me, spiritually. This person will show me the true meaning of the Left Eye of Horus, because as I understand it the human meaning is different.(I know I talked about symbolism being useless in the darkness but I still feel that statement is true. I think it is just human interpretation got in the way at some point.) But the person is unable to see the true meaning, and for whatever reason talked about that only I can see it. And before anyone says anything no, when it said me leaving it meant so in physical location sense, not my death. So I know with certainty when the time comes of my departure and I meet up with this person something important, not only to the darkness but me personally, will be revealed.

You cannot see what you do not know. It can only be discovered.

Asside from this, there is levels of unknown. It exists but you do not know of it. It doesn't exist but you see potential. You are aware of its existance but do not understand its physical manifestation, this can happen with something as simple as an inside joke. Only the select will see it because only they understand its existance.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:06 AM
Malthoruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
You cannot see what you do not know. It can only be discovered.

Asside from this, there is levels of unknown. It exists but you do not know of it. It doesn't exist but you see potential. You are aware of its existance but do not understand its physical manifestation, this can happen with something as simple as an inside joke. Only the select will see it because only they understand its existance.
Which is exactly what I am saying. Like everyone I cannot see what is there unless at such a time as it is revealed to me. There are many things we do not know that we discover throughout our lifetime. I do not know just how much I will be able to discover in my lifetime but I do know I will live a regretted life if I can not discover what is already in front of me. And there is plenty I cannot see already in front of me.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:48 AM
Master

Today's meditation from 365 Tao, by Deng-Ming Dao, seems relevant to this discussion to me. An excerpt:

"The actual
Is only actual
In one place
And one time."
"If we look deeply into our lives, there is only a thin veneer of self-generated meaning over an immesnse ocean of nothingness.
"What we do only has meaning in the here and now. It will not remain in the next instant. Just do what you can for the present, and leave everything else to happen naturally."