Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Master
You have not opened your third eye. ~spiritual coercion; not spiritual
You have not given your heart to Jesus. ~religious coercion; not spiritual
Not my way, but cool nonetheless. ~ordinary acceptance; spiritual
Old 04-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Well spirit certainly opened that pocket up in me to communicate with myself and know that everything I need is within me when the external world doesn't complete that space in me as I believe it should be. So moving closer to myself I was able to become ok being with myself talking to myself, not needing anyone else. An important part of becoming ok with silence for real..My spirit supports me when the world doesn't...
It would be very easy for one to get totally lost in the spirit world if they believe the world isn't supporting them or providing their spiritual/emotional needs, wouldn't it?

I wonder how long a person can keep 'talking to themselves' before it drives them totally around the bend.

I worry that if I become fully okay with me 'talking to myself', then any human interaction would thus be moot - even null and void. Can I see myself living and loving 'my own company' and nothing else for the rest of my days?

I have often thought "to hell with it" and start 'creating people' with their own individual personalities and characteristics for me to interact with, simply because it takes the place of 'people'. Can you see it?
Old 04-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
It would be very easy for one to get totally lost in the spirit world if they believe the world isn't supporting them or providing their spiritual/emotional needs, wouldn't it?

I wonder how long a person can keep 'talking to themselves' before it drives them totally around the bend.

I worry that if I become fully okay with me 'talking to myself', then any human interaction would thus be moot - even null and void. Can I see myself living and loving 'my own company' and nothing else for the rest of my days?

I have often thought "to hell with it" and start 'creating people' with their own individual personalities and characteristics for me to interact with, simply because it takes the place of 'people'. Can you see it?

I see your dilemma and its a valid point.

Most often now I am more silent in my mind as I move through my day. But I know its there in me if I need it. Opening to that it was a lesson to be learned deeper.

It is just realizing I can be my own support when the world doesn't support me.

Where you want to create your own world of people. I just paint, write poetry, do photography and yoga. Let my world that I love meet others when I engage in what I love.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 04-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Anyway I am all talked out and all listened out, so going off to clean my mess here..

Thanks for the long chat Necro...
Thank you very much for your very wise and insightful discussion in this thread tonight. It seems that our higher selves are connected and able to share this...out of all those on SF, you seem to be the one. The one who speaks to my reason and also my heart. Good night my friend and I'm not long out of bed either.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you very much for your very wise and insightful discussion in this thread tonight. It seems that our higher selves are connected and able to share this...out of all those on SF, you seem to be the one. The one who speaks to my reason and also my heart. Good night my friend and I'm not long out of bed either.

Good night and thankyou. I love how your mind works..

Sleep well. Its still hot here in Vic. But tomorrow rain and moderate temps. Monday 21 Yay!! I hate the heat.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 04-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Master
Quote:
If your a predominate thinker then yes you probably will...lol If your an extrovert thinker. God help us all..lol
My dear lordy lord.

I just went over the thread again and noticed this.

I didn't know what an 'extrovert thinker' was even...so I had to go look it up:

Quote:
Extraverted Thinking is the primary function of ENTJs and ESTJs. It is also the secondary function of INTJs and ISTJs. Extraverted Thinking has a desire to control their environment, and can feel lost when they are not able to shape their own external world.

http://personalitygrowth.com/extraverted-thinking/

I am an INTJ and I am an extrovert thinker. The reason why all this 'bad stuff' keeps happening to me is because I can't let it go...I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to certain things having to happen at certain times because I have an anal fixation - I'm almost compulsive about it...so yep, god help us all. Now you can see it, you can see my problems...all of them...in this beautiful package of a nutshell.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
The reason why all this 'bad stuff' keeps happening to me is because I can't let it go...I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to certain things having to happen at certain times because I have an anal fixation - I'm almost compulsive about it...so yep, god help us all. Now you can see it, you can see my problems...all of them...in this beautiful package of a nutshell.
My observation: You know who you are. You don't let up. Good, that's settled... But wait, now you're undoing all that self-understanding by harshly critiquing and even demeaning who you are. Round and round you go.

I'm critical of people. Sometimes correctly and sometimes unfairly.
That's the reality and I lose no sleep over it.
I just get up the next day and try to be better than I was yesterday.
Old 04-02-2017, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
My observation: You know who you are. You don't let up. Good, that's settled... But wait, now you're undoing all that self-understanding by harshly critiquing and even demeaning who you are. Round and round you go.

I'm critical of people. Sometimes correctly and sometimes unfairly.
That's the reality and I lose no sleep over it.
I just get up the next day and try to be better than I was yesterday.
Exactly.

I have to kill off that part of me that keeps on undoing all that self-understanding to begin with...or maybe, just maybe I didn't understand it all anyway. *goes and reads some philosoraptor quotes for amusement...like this:

Old 04-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Master
Quote:
My dear lordy lord.

I just went over the thread again and noticed this.

I didn't know what an 'extrovert thinker' was even...so I had to go look it up:

http://personalitygrowth.com/extraverted-thinking/

I am an INTJ and I am an extrovert thinker. The reason why all this 'bad stuff' keeps happening to me is because I can't let it go...I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to certain things having to happen at certain times because I have an anal fixation - I'm almost compulsive about it...so yep, god help us all. Now you can see it, you can see my problems...all of them...in this beautiful package of a nutshell.

I cleaned up my kitchen mess and came back to find this..lol.

I haven't had a lot to do with intj, probably one or two, their is a real mystery and isolation to them in some way if I remember rightly..Yet very passionate when they are engaged with a cause close to their heart.....

https://www.16personalities.com/intj-personality..
The Architect

It’s lonely at the top, and being one of the rarest and most strategically capable personality types, INTJs know this all too well. INTJs form just two percent of the population, and women of this personality type are especially rare, forming just 0.8% of the population – it is often a challenge for them to find like-minded individuals who are able to keep up with their relentless intellectualism and chess-like maneuvering. People with the INTJ personality type are imaginative yet decisive, ambitious yet private, amazingly curious, but they do not squander their energy.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:09 PM
Master
Bingo!

Quote:
At times it will seem that INTJs are bent on deconstructing and rebuilding every idea and system they come into contact with, employing a sense of perfectionism and even morality to this work. Anyone who doesn’t have the talent to keep up with INTJs’ processes, or worse yet, doesn’t see the point of them, is likely to immediately and permanently lose their respect.

also, this:

Quote:
INTJs are brilliant and confident in bodies of knowledge they have taken the time to understand, but unfortunately the social contract is unlikely to be one of those subjects. White lies and small talk are hard enough as it is for a type that craves truth and depth, but INTJs may go so far as to see many social conventions as downright stupid.