Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-02-2017, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Is there anything the world isn't? seeing as how everything 'is what it is?' Curious.

Well labels and names applied over what just is, will show its own face labelling it as it is seen by the one seeing...Same goes with humans being themselves. In the breakdown of others looking into what is as it is, they will name and label what they see according to what in them is deciding all that.

When you just observing the world being itself, more natural and open in yourself without need to make it be anything, the world shows itself naturally as it is.. So really there is nothing to name, in seeing others, other than what they show you. People like to externally project what you are, but maybe that need is about them as you showed in your own reasons about others.

People sometimes can be predictable in their patterns of behaviour and patterns of relating so naturally its easy to observe what people are doing and where they are coming from. They move as they believe of themselves and what they interpret of others being themselves. Its interesting because I am more of a listener in the real world, I genuinely take an interest in people so most often I am observing more intently and deeper at what is being shown. I don't have to speak sometimes to people, just being present with them, they show themselves quite naturally as they are.

I suppose in being able to relate more in this way with people, I naturally have choice in where I notice. If you cant see the bigger picture in yourself, then most likely you wont see it in others. But if you can, then naturally their is lots to see in others and naturally more choice on where to focus.

In some ways I see this as a bonus. I naturally seek out the goodness in others by just being more present with them, more open and aware in myself.

So things like swearing, judgment, harsh critic types, whingers..etc.. don't bother me. I see them before I see the surface stuff.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 04-02-2017, 06:41 AM
Master
The other day I was in maccas with a friend and her family having coffee, this guy off the street walks in and seeks me out of the crowd. Comes over and asks me for a dollar for a drink. My friend is like shaking her head saying silent "no don't".."don't do it"..I just reached for my bag and gave him the dollar and off he went. I continued talking to my friend accepted her and him as one together being themselves.

About five minutes later, he seeks me out and holds his cup up to show me in a "cheers" motion. I smiled and he smiled and off he went.

Life goes on. People are who they are.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 04-02-2017, 06:47 AM
Master
So yeah because I make time for others, I get labelled spiritual, but it is not about me being anything other than myself. I choose to be this person I am. I care, I swear, I have judged, I have been the critic, I have been harsh. I know myself as all that, I know who I am now because of all that. I have no need to be in that zone, but I don't care if others are. I accept them being themselves.

Most often now I just be me and let others just be them

Old 04-02-2017, 07:02 AM
Master
I'm getting so much stuff coming through now, my head is in a mess. lol

The Latin 'ad hominem' keeps popping up regularly throughout, like an elder admonishing a child by saying 'bad boy' and not 'that was a bad thing you just did'.

Some people shift onus onto person and make it a personal attack, thus trying to lower another's self confidence because they disapprove/disagree with the behaviour...it becomes "you have offended my very sense of what is correct, so here, have an insult as punishment for that" and not "what you just said/did isn't appropriate from the perspective of my focus, could you either explain yourself or please just cease those actions around me in future?"

What I am gathering is a person's own spiritual beliefs must be on pretty shaky ground if any little 'negative thing' offends them and acts as an affront to what they believe in.

However, the word more people should get into the habit of using is 'appropriate' or any antonyms thereof. People just like to use highly emotive words because, I guess, people just have more/different/stronger or whatever emotions than I do...or else a totally different bunch of them.

So words like 'bad', 'evil', 'unfair', 'uncaring' etc are used when it could all come under the 'label' of being just plain inappropriate according to the other person.

So, today I was pretty straight forward in saying, basically "those who will not listen to anybody else cannot be helped and don't deserve my sympathy...let them rot" (or words to that effect)..

I had another member saying I was being rude, judgmental and they were going to leave the forum because of me.

Staff had to come and lock it up which was very good, VERY good, because I was just about to say "goodbye then, I won't miss you..."

This was the impetus behind this all...people being too 'emotionally fragile' and have all this 'empathy' going on that one has to walk on eggshells around them and watch what they say or else they could burst out into tears at any given moment.

My god, if that's what it takes to be 'spiritual', kill me...kill me now.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:12 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm getting so much stuff coming through now, my head is in a mess. lol

The Latin 'ad hominem' keeps popping up regularly throughout, like an elder admonishing a child by saying 'bad boy' and not 'that was a bad thing you just did'.

Some people shift onus onto person and make it a personal attack, thus trying to lower another's self confidence because they disapprove/disagree with the behaviour...it becomes "you have offended my very sense of what is correct, so here, have an insult as punishment for that" and not "what you just said/did isn't appropriate from the perspective of my focus, could you either explain yourself or please just cease those actions around me in future?"

What I am gathering is a person's own spiritual beliefs must be on pretty shaky ground if any little 'negative thing' offends them and acts as an affront to what they believe in.

However, the word more people should get into the habit of using is 'appropriate' or any antonyms thereof. People just like to use highly emotive words because, I guess, people just have more/different/stronger or whatever emotions than I do...or else a totally different bunch of them.

So words like 'bad', 'evil', 'unfair', 'uncaring' etc are used when it could all come under the 'label' of being just plain inappropriate according to the other person.

So, today I was pretty straight forward in saying, basically "those who will not listen to anybody else cannot be helped and don't deserve my sympathy...let them rot" (or words to that effect)..

I had another member saying I was being rude, judgmental and they were going to leave the forum because of me.

Staff had to come and lock it up which was very good, VERY good, because I was just about to say "goodbye then, I won't miss you..."

This was the impetus behind this all...people being too 'emotionally fragile' and have all this 'empathy' going on that one has to walk on eggshells around them and watch what they say or else they could burst out into tears at any given moment.

My god, if that's what it takes to be 'spiritual', kill me...kill me now.

I have been emotionally fragile I remember this in myself when I notice others, I have been that person.
I am an empath so I get the whole I feel deeply and I know its not me, so I notice others when they are there, I have been that person.

The lesson on the other side for me was being ok to be seen as
"that person" even as I knew myself and felt complete. People have their filters and cant see them and tell you its you. The thing with me nowdays is that I am quite honest with myself if they are on the money. When they hit the spot, I know the truth in myself. And I use that as a point of reconciliation in myself. When it doesn't react in me, I wonder if it is about them. But I don't say. I just observe and notice. I learn that I can still be myself and get on with it..

The old me would have fallen to the floor for weeks being seen a certain way that I couldn't see was me. My tears and fall told me something valuable. I learned what I was in all that reaction in myself. When I don't react I know my balance is moving in the right direction. Aware of something but not needing to entertain it as myself, because I get the bigger picture of myself in all that now.

Peace with what is.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I have been emotionally fragile I remember this in myself when I notice others, I have been that person.
I am an empath so I get the whole I feel deeply and I know its not me, so I notice others when they are there, I have been that person.

The lesson on the other side for me was being ok to be seen as
"that person" even as I knew myself and felt complete. People have their filters and cant see them and tell you its you. The thing with me nowdays is that I am quite honest with myself if they are on the money. When they hit the spot, I know the truth in myself. And I use that as a point of reconciliation in myself. When it doesn't react in me, I wonder if it is about them. But I don't say. I just observe and notice. I learn that I can still be myself and get on with it..

The old me would have fallen to the floor for weeks being seen a certain way that I couldn't see was me. My tears and fall told me something valuable. I learned what I was in all that reaction in myself. When I don't react I know my balance is moving in the right direction. Aware of something but not needing to entertain it as myself.
So, what I am getting now, is this is just another one of those 'autism things', really (any emotion I do not grok goes into that basket).

Another thing I can chalk down to 'being on the spectrum' because empathy is a difficult thing for me to fathom, even though a person can say "I am lonely" and I say, 'yeah, I know how you feel, because I am lonely too' when in fact, the loneliness I feel could/most likely is different from the loneliness they feel, so you are right, it's all about noticing these qualities within oneself, which would be no different if another person felt it or not.

All it really boils down to I guess, is that I cannot deal with emotionally fragile people and this has been the biggest lesson for me in the past few days...to leave it for others who can provide words of comfort and platitude because the other person asks for constructive 'help' but all they want is an 'online hug' as much 'comfort' as that honestly provides one...
Old 04-02-2017, 07:25 AM
Master
Peace with what is, means I am at peace with myself.

Peace doesn't mean disruptions don't still happen, it just means your peace within is not moved by external circumstance of others. If your not "in it" then in you is not involved.

Peace comes when you are willing to look at yourself more self reflective to what is moving "out there" pushing against what is "in here". Sometimes the match comes to set fire to peace. Sometimes it sets fire to your passion. Sometimes it sets fire to your warrior/protective side. Sometimes it sets fire to your heart when engaged in empathy for itself, will engage with others for them.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:
So, what I am getting now, is this is just another one of those 'autism things', really (any emotion I do not grok goes into that basket).

Another thing I can chalk down to 'being on the spectrum' because empathy is a difficult thing for me to fathom, even though a person can say "I am lonely" and I say, 'yeah, I know how you feel, because I am lonely too' when in fact, the loneliness I feel could/most likely is different from the loneliness they feel, so you are right, it's all about noticing these qualities within oneself, which would be no different if another person felt it or not.

Yes I understand empathy would be difficult for some on the "spectrum". So for you the information requires a bigger picture to use your logical mind to set things up. I use my feeling mode and empathy to set things up. This is just me. I feel that deep that peace and compassion and empathy naturally arise in place of my issues. Just by being aware how others are relating can help you understand their "way". It might appear very foreign to you and the way you see things, but just by being aware and listening deeper asking questions rather than saying you will build deeper connection and awareness of others.

Quote:
All it really boils down to I guess, is that I cannot deal with emotionally fragile people and this has been the biggest lesson for me in the past few days...to leave it for others who can provide words of comfort and platitude because the other person asks for constructive 'help' but all they want is an 'online hug' as much 'comfort' as that honestly provides one...

This speaks volumes about you and your ability to connect with others if this is the case. You perhaps just need to go in more aware of how others are in this way. I am an empowered sensitive and I haven't gained this space by being strong, I gained this by being as weak and emotionally vulnerable as I could to let go deeper to rise up stronger.

Listening deeper is easier if you understand and have embraced the space yourself. If you haven't and have ideas about the issue, you may just get yourself into trouble with others who cannot read you and your ability.

Being aware of your inability and others inabilities could well be enough. We are all so unique in our pain bodies. Just because I feel their pain and have my reasons, they feel theirs and have their own reasons. So triggers will be different, reasons will be different. It can get very complex.

I was taught, if it strikes, be open and be vulnerable, seek to know more of that space your challenged in. Ask questions, why do you feel that way. What have I triggered in you? Things like that. If people are willing and open they will share. If not they wont.

Your questions speak before your thoughts about why they shouldn't be in that space or feeling that. By setting others up under your view, you will continue to attract those people to show you how your viewing the whole situation long before words are spoken. Move slower and ask more questions even if your mind knows best..

Old 04-02-2017, 07:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Don't worry, if there's a title of ''least spiritual guy'' belonging to someone here then it's most likely me.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Yes I understand empathy would be difficult for some on the "spectrum". So for you the information requires a bigger picture to use your logical mind to set things up. I use my feeling mode and empathy to set things up. This is just me. I feel that deep that peace and compassion and empathy naturally arise in place of my issues. Just by being aware how others are relating can help you understand their "way". It might appear very foreign to you and the way you see things, but just by being aware and listening deeper asking questions rather than saying you will build deeper connection and awareness of others.

This speaks volumes about you and your ability to connect with others if this is the case. You perhaps just need to go in more aware of how others are in this way. I am an empowered sensitive and I haven't gained this space by being strong, I gained this by being as weak and emotionally vulnerable as I could to let go deeper to rise up stronger.

Listening deeper is easier if you understand and have embraced the space yourself. If you haven't and have ideas about the issue, you may just get yourself into trouble with others who cannot read you and your ability.

Being aware of your inability and others inabilities could well be enough.

I was taught, if it strikes, be open and be vulnerable, seek to know more of that space your challenged in. Ask questions, why do you feel that way. What have I triggered in you? Things like that. If people are willing and open they will share. If not they wont.

Your questions speak before your thoughts about why they shouldn't be in that space or feeling that. By setting others up under your view, you will continue to attract those people to show you how your viewing the whole situation long before words are spoken. Move slower and ask more questions even if your mind knows best..
This is an amazing post! It's a revelation, based on all the posts I have made on this forum in the past two weeks...it all boils down to this.

After it happened - it was last night, not today..although my mother told me I 'wasn't spiritual' today, but she wouldn't even know the meaning of the word anyway. lol

However, after it happened, I could NOT get 'Save Yourself' by Stabbing Westward out of my head...it kept playing over and over...like an iPod on repeat and I couldn't shut it down...it eventually stopped when I went to sleep.

The whole lyrics of that song...

Basically, the message I got from it is people ask 'any internet random' for help, instead of finding those people, who have had the same problems, but are now fully over them as a freaking living advertisement that the 'help' has actually 'worked'....but online, it's like the blind leading the blind...the mentally ill leading the mentally ill...

Yes, I can be honest with myself too. I also have that quality, but I usually assign my little 'voice of conscience' to a guide/angel/higher self...this is what basically told me that I am not emotionally prepared within myself to deal with emotionally fragile people because I am too logical...too 'down to earth' and I call a spade, a spade...'spiritual' or 'not spiritual' and if somebody is prepared to call my 'spade' a 'heart', they must have a pretty good reason for doing so...but I guess "because I want to" counts as a reason these days......because...yes...it's how the world IS...hallelujah!

Now the trick is for me to conform to a world, to a society I have to find my own particular niche in, because empathetic emotions are 'other people's business'...I will find it one day though.