Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Master
haven't read the whole thread, will do, film to watch! during a meditation i was once having, though i did not set out to mediate, it just occurred, i became aware of a single celled organism in my mind's eye (this does not happen often for me). i registered it's shock and delight at being noticed and it made it known to me that it wished to share consciousness, to which i agreed. what followed was quite earth shattering, as this little fellow, having no fragments of ego and hence limited consciousness, was exising in an awesome state of medtative nothingness that my"self" could not let go of to be part and so i withdrew. i think it's possible that all animals, small and big, are in state similar to samahdi.

i like the occult view that there is only life and hence consciousness. i remember reading an occultist's account of opening a bottle of, i think it was, nitrous oxide or something, and he registered the oxygen's joy at being released from the nitrogen.

i also once attempted to contact pneumonia and what i got was the feeling of a misunderstood, angry and abused entity. it's short message was "you would not exist without me".

there's a good section on bacteria in "the voice of the infinite in the small- revisioning the human insect connection- by joanne lauck"...an excellent read; in my top 3. i think it's sad that they are so disliked in general and feared so much- and we think we're top of the food chain! like the elephant scared of the mouse. they have an important job to do; like the wolf that hunts the weak and the old caribou, they keep the heard healthy and strong so it can thrive, bacteria perform that great service for us... n3
Old 11-11-2011, 03:12 AM
drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Drake, you are free to think whatever you want of what I am doing.

I know you simply asked a question, but you did seem to be unable to see that I have simply answered that question.

I have answered your enquiry according by what I regard as an issue relating to said enquiry.

I know nothing of these, "real crisis about the nature of viruses here nor do I expect a definitive answer that will prove to me the nature bacteria and viruses.",
that you have spoken of.
Nor did I think of them when I was pondering your question and my response.

I gave what I consider to be a simple answer, and it is you that has added so much to it.

~looks~ Huh? Where did I complain about anything you have done or said?

Maybe I totally missed what you were trying to say then because when you said this..
Quote:
Remove your spiritual perspective and then re observe all that you have and you may find yourself formulating different questions.
It really sounded like you were telling me not to ask the question, "is bacteria spiritual". I asked for a spiritual perspective and your reply seemed to basically be, "stop having a spiritual perspective. Don't ask this question". If that is not what you meant, then what DID you mean?

and when followed up by...
Quote:
Which then makes your perception of reality the issue and not viruses.
sounded to me like you were backing up your previous sentence by accusing me of somehow making an "issue" of viruses by asking the question.

You did give what seemed to be a very simple, clear answer, but that simple answer seemed to simply be, "stop asking spiritual questions". Which annoyed me a bit...BUT it seemed that was not your intent after all! I think this a case where maybe elaborating a bit more would be a good thing so that I can tell what you actually did mean by those statements.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 AM
moke64916

What's the point of askingif there us spiritual energy in bacteria. I don't see bacteria experiencing love, and wisdom. Everything is energy, but bacteria doesn't have spiritual energy in it. Only purs energy I'm aware of is inside all animals and humans. Maybe flowers, plants, and trees, but other than that I don't know. I think the content of the question serves no purpose in spiritual growth. I say keep things logical.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 AM
drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
What's the point of askingif there us spiritual energy in bacteria. I don't see bacteria experiencing love, and wisdom....I think the content of the question serves no purpose in spiritual growth.
Just because you yourself do not see bacteria experiencing love is not proof that it is not there. Maybe someone else does see that. I don't believe that there is any knowledge that does not serve as a kind of spiritual growth. I don't believe there are questions that should not be asked. To not ask questions is the road to a small perspective.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Master
the experience i had of bacteria was stupendous, little fella was literally having a whale of a time! whether it has a group soul like animals or individual i couldn't say but i do feel that energy/matter/consciousness/spirituality are inextricable. even ultimate particle atoms are conscious. steiner sees each human/soul as a species in itself.

i see no reason why it's not at least possible that they are more "awake" than we, it was certainly my experience. i don't feel it is so but who's to say, for sure, that we are not evolving or going up the re-incarnation ladder until we are spiritually capable of existing as a single celled organism?

this throws up the question; what does one mean by spiritual?