Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy
Phew!

Apparently there is no issue to be resolved and we can all carry on as normal.

Correct Ivy .... there is no issue to be resolved and we can all carry on as normal. My comment was a general comment and not personally specific to you Ivy.

I repeat .............

"The part of my reply you bolded, is merely an observance of a different posting style that I and other members have noticed, it was not the main focus of my reply, let's leave it as such. Thank you Ivy for your reply. "

END of this conversation !
Old 01-03-2015, 08:43 PM
Ivy

Some food for thought for you... if I pop down to the 'lounge' forum and make an observation that people don't always have to be shallow and bury their heads in mind numbing games and other members have noticed this about that part of the forums too - do you think people might be a little hurt by those comments?

Now you can say what you want to me, and I listened and sought to resolve whatever has brought about such comments in a peaceful and respectful way. It's your choice to reject the peaceful way.

But please don't make judgemental comments and then tell others they have no right to reply.

This is me finished speaking about this now... in my own time.

ps. to those who use the lounge, I don't actually think what I have written above, it is hypothetical to demonstrate the boot on the other foot.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Master
Well, it sure is nice to wake up and find that all sorted ....and on we move ...

One thing I've noticed about myself in the last few years -after about 15 years of addiction to various forums , and some early years of hypersensitivity and unnecessary anxiety from online interactions - is how
much more easily I am able to move on . More living in the moment, more letting go, more allowing the 'negative ' energies to flow on through without getting stored up . Some of that is from bumping heads so often that it's pointless and impossible to keep score , or even keep track of everybody I need to be annoyed with . Some of it is because of my incredibly advanced spiritual development . Some of it is because I know I'm probably just as f.o.s. as the next person , and that even people who I know are wrong .... are doling what's right for them . I'm still sensitive; that's just part of my personal makeup , but it's so much easier to let go and move on than it was 15 or 20 years ago . Maybe it's my memory deteriorating . Nah...... not quite yet !
Old 01-03-2015, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
Nice words on the OP. I've never heard of Sparrow Swami. Who is Sparrow?
Spirit Guide Sparrow . A thread 'Common Questions About the Afterlife'
is particularly intersting Not everyone's cup of joe, but what is ?....
Old 01-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swami Chihuahuananda
Spirit Guide Sparrow . A thread 'Common Questions About the Afterlife'
is particularly intersting Not everyone's cup of joe, but what is ?....
So SGS is a member? An active member?

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 01-03-2015, 10:10 PM
Master
Ok I see now...I did a search on Sparrows last post. I can see why this person is loved by many here. Thanks for sharing Sparrows words

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 02-03-2015, 01:19 AM
Master
I got to Sparrow not too long ago and found a whole lot I can dig and even one or two things entirely helpful in exactly where I might actually be.

One thing happened where I got the voice telling me to check a date from years ago with what Sparrow had said at the time... and it resonated perfectly, and therein these days I tend to find and accept a speaker of spirits divinity (as it were) that when it goes across space and time I'm going to actually listen and let it go deep.

And also I couldn't help but notice how Sparrow started then in answering what might be termed dense questions had no choice but to reply somewhat densely though at the same time there was light amongst the density... if one cared to see it.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
I got to Sparrow not too long ago and found a whole lot I can dig and even one or two things entirely helpful in exactly where I might actually be.

One thing happened where I got the voice telling me to check a date from years ago with what Sparrow had said at the time... and it resonated perfectly, and therein these days I tend to find and accept a speaker of spirits divinity (as it were) that when it goes across space and time I'm going to actually listen and let it go deep.

And also I couldn't help but notice how Sparrow started then in answering what might be termed dense questions had no choice but to reply somewhat densely though at the same time there was light amongst the density... if one cared to see it.

I love feeling lightness in the midst of deep density . It feels like the Universe laughing through me , at itself . A hearty, profound, loving laugh .
A couple other things pop in after reading your reply , not necessarily directly related...

Synchronicity . I love it when the connections jump out and grab me ; like the other day , I started reading a book 'Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman?!' , a series of 'stories' by the late, great physicist Richard Feynman. So a couple days later I'm watching an episode of 'Off The Air ' that I recorded weeks ago , 'Light' (I didn't find that one, but here's 'Color'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x5n7H5VBdo ) . Off The Air is a series of 15 min. groupings of short animations paired with music . Very fresh, odd avant stuff at times . Anyway , there I am , and I hear this voice in one bit , talking about a bug in a swimming pool , who has figured out how to interpret the waves caused by things jumping in the pool , and I say to myself "I know that voice " , not only because , but I had just watched a show about Feynman on TV , which inspired me to get the book . So this bug has figured out ways to identify what sort of thing has jumped into the pool , just from the kind of waves it makes. And we are like that bug ; in Feynman's context, scientists trying to ascertain the nature of the physical world . He goes on for a minute about the incredible complexity of all the types of electromagnetic waves that are flying through the universe , and the wonder of it. Then I thought about how
cool it is that through dissecting the complexity, we can come to some understanding of simplicity behind the apparent chaos : the fact that electromagnetic radiation is all photons , just vibrating and propagating in different ways .

So today I'm partway into the book , and he's telling about sitting in on a philosophy class, and they're all dissecting the use of the term "essential object" , and the prof asked Feynman whether he thought the electron was an "essential object". So he asks the other students to first answer him a question : is a brick an "essential object ?", intending to find out if theoretical constructs were essential objects . Since , in physics, the theory of electrons is pretty well understood and accepted and used as 'truth'. So these students go through a ,long discussion , and he points out that they never see the inside of a brick, because as soon as you break it open, there's another surface, and he says that the theory of electrons is analogous.

Anyway, the quote from the book, which cracked me up, and made me think of some of the dicussions that go on here , is
" Another guy got up, and another, and I tell you I have never heard such ingenious different ways of looking at a brick before. And , just like it should in all stories about philosophers, it ended up in complete chaos "

So I ride the waves , and make some waves, and stare at the beauty of some , and kind of study others . Stare , more than study , or I'd have been a physicist instead of a waverider .

To be continued...
Old 02-03-2015, 02:02 PM
Deactivated Account

"Catch a wave and you're sittin' on top of the world" .......
just gotta love those Beach Boys !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 02-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
"Catch a wave and you're sittin' on top of the world" .......
just gotta love those Beach Boys !
No I don't , but you do . I gotta love that Jimi Hendrix
(and watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea )