Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Master

why is it so?

Hello community

I am wondering why it seems that sometimes in spiritual communities there seem to be those who believe that they are more spiritually advanced or evolved than others?

this is a genuine question as I don't really understand why it is so.

It seems to me that nobody can really judge where another soul is at... there are billions of different paths we all take and an infinite amount of learning... it seems to me that the opportunity to learn never ends.

I feel that Knowledge is to be discovered through all sorts of people from all sorts... what some people think as a 'less evolved' person... could just be someone who expresses themselves in a way we are not socially accustomed to...or something....

Who are we to really judge someone else as less or more evolved?

We all have our smarts in different areas... we all express ourselves uniquely... doesn't that just make us different? Rather then 'more evolved'
Old 23-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorful-Chameleon
We all have our smarts in different areas... we all express ourselves uniquely... doesn't that just make us different? Rather then 'more evolved'
Often regardless of how 'Spiritual' and 'evolved' people can become, human nature is difficult to run away from.
Old 23-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello community

I am wondering why it seems that sometimes in spiritual communities there seem to be those who believe that they are more spiritually advanced or evolved than others?

It seems to me that nobody can really judge where another soul is at... there are billions of different paths we all take and an infinite amount of learning... it seems to me that the opportunity to learn never ends.

I feel that Knowledge is to be discovered through all sorts of people from all sorts... what some people think as a 'less evolved' person... could just be someone who expresses themselves in a way we are not socially accustomed to...or something....

Hi Colorful-Chameleon

There are billions of different self perceptions to be had . There are perceptions had where one man puts himself ahead of another . There are perceptions had where one man feels lesser than another . There is no stopping how one feels about themselves in relation to what they think and feel and know themselves to be in relation to everything .

How one perceives self will reflect in how they perceive the world .

If you understand that then you will understand why one feels more or less than .

x daz x
Old 23-07-2014, 09:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Often regardless of how 'Spiritual' and 'evolved' people can become, human nature is difficult to run away from.

Yes... after a few months of personal spiritual exploration, after trying to connect and live by the direction of 'higher self conciousness' I soon quickly realised how very human I am... with this though... I came back down to earth and felt very at home with all the humaness lol... what I see when I am faced with another is how wise and also how silly we all are...

This is why I find it sort of difficult understanding the idea of well... I guess me being any more spiritually evolved than another...

Funnily enough though I do often feel quite a bit 'less advanced' when I meet certain people lol.
Old 23-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Colorful-Chameleon

There are billions of different self perceptions to be had . There are perceptions had where one man puts himself ahead of another . There are perceptions had where one man feels lesser than another . There is no stopping how one feels about themselves in relation to what they think and feel and know themselves to be in relation to everything .

How one perceives self will reflect in how they perceive the world .

If you understand that then you will understand why one feels more or less than .

x daz x

thanks daz...

I can think of parallels of thought as metaphors to help me understand.
Old 23-07-2014, 09:09 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Hello community

This guy talks about this in his past life regression experiences with others.
which surprised me somewhat..but its really interesting to ponder his ideas ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnCr4etOZLw
Old 23-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Hello community

If you believe in spiritual development (which I do) then by definition you are going to see some people as more spiritually evolved than others. That doesn't mean that there is any judgment being passed - there shouldn't be.
Old 23-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Hello community

Simply because they are - for any number of reasons. (see Cmt12's post above.)

Quote:
Humanity and everything is a spiritual community. So, taking humans alone you can see that many (in a manner of speaking) aren't even awakened yet while others have stripped away illusion, assumed their selfhood and are working toward reuniting with the divine - the Great Work. So possibly your not understanding is more to do with not appreciating the range of possible Taos, paths, practices, accomplishments, etc. You could ask the same of the sensual arts. It's when you reveal your true selfhood to yourself that this starts to make sense.

Quote:
Right on. But I don't think it's so much about judging as a seeker recognising (from such outward signs as are available) that another has yet to evolve or is more evolved. It's partly down to amount and quality of experience. Difficult on sites like this where we have to rely on words when words are fairly useless. But it isn't a competition - no "my spiritual state is better than yours!" or "I'm winning because I'm more evolved." We know in ourselves and maybe compare with others - but our paths are always our own.

Quote:

Yes. But it's in human nature to compare ourselves to others so we can learn or offer help based on the contrasts. There are as many paths as there are people so perhaps the point is moot.
Old 23-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Master

I could sort of see how perceiving oneself as more evolved could be good and bad.

If I was hypothetically very knowledgeable in ... I dunno... marine biology or golf and I had a good awareness of where I am at in knowledge and talent, I would know what is in my capability to pass on those who are interested.
but just because I am a amazing marine biologist golfer... it just makes me better at those things...
There seems to be many aspects to spirituality... I may well be quite 'advanced' in some areas and not so I others...

It could all go to my head a well though too haha.

Perhaps it is not necessarily a bad thing to see oneself as 'more something'... if that something was for example 'more money'... I could then make choice as to whether I think that makes me somehow better than others... or if I saw it as an opportunity to use my position for something positive. ..

Just rambling here.

Silent whisper.... I will check that video out shortly
Old 23-07-2014, 09:55 AM
Master

Just realised that I was equating one's spiritual level of evolution with them somehow being a better human being... that is sort of like saying that I am a better human because I can speak 10 different languages.