Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't care... like I say, it's the extremes I find unreasonable, like the continual multitude in this thread.

I never once mentioned you, your ego, or inadequacy fault or flaw so you'd be hard pressed to find reason to say that.

You never discredited me either... where's the evidence for it?

Andrew. Why you say these things that are so outlandish? It's obvious we aren't doing that...

Because not everything is cause to laugh and have a beer... we just like to pretend we are spiritual and nothing is anything but joy and la la la it's all such fun, so we all hold hands and dance around the enlightenment pole.

I absolutely agree that not everything is cause to laugh and have a beer, and actually I wouldnt have really thought that what I said was a particularly spiritual thing to say. Im also not really suggesting that we are discrediting or crediting each other in a big way, I just notice that crediting and discrediting is what happens. Its what we do sometimes. As we go through life we agree and we disagree, we resonate or we feel uncomfortable, we say yes and we say no....all Im saying is that sometimes I find it helpful to see what others do as something I also do, and that there arent many patterns of behaviour that I see in others that I can say...'I definitely dont do that, or something like that'.

It may not seem like it, but what Im actually trying to do in this conversation is iron out extremes. You have spotted a teacher role in others and say that you dont play that role. In my opinion, thats an extreme position. More of the middle way might be acknowledging that you play that role to some degree sometimes.
Old 29-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
I absolutely agree that not everything is cause to laugh and have a beer, and actually I wouldnt have really thought that what I said was a particularly spiritual thing to say. Im also not really suggesting that we are discrediting or crediting each other in a big way, I just notice that crediting and discrediting is what happens. Its what we do sometimes. As we go through life we agree and we disagree, we resonate or we feel uncomfortable, we say yes and we say no....all Im saying is that sometimes I find it helpful to see what others do as something I also do, and that there arent many patterns of behaviour that I see in others that I can say...'I definitely dont do that, or something like that'.

I think we're sliding toward perfect expectations again here, but not a case of never or always, it's a case of moderate or extreme, and I feel perhaps it's best to minimize discrediting, and also credit where credit due.

Quote:
It may not seem like it, but what Im actually trying to do in this conversation is iron out extremes. You have spotted a teacher role in others and say that you dont play that role. In my opinion, thats an extreme position. More of the middle way might be acknowledging that you play that role to some degree sometimes.

Middle way. Me likes.

I teach people the stuff I know, and I also say the stuff I think, but I'm not a teacher(don't you pretend to be my student man, hehehe).

Why play a role, I'm just a dude in sububurbia with a computer who does a bit of meditation, that's not a role, that's just how it is.

Are you coming in here like 'I'm enlightened and my mission is to liberate all the ignorant"? Or are you who you are as you are?
Old 29-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think we're sliding toward perfect expectations again here, but not a case of never or always, it's a case of moderate or extreme, and I feel perhaps it's best to minimize discrediting, and also credit where credit due.

I agree.

Middle way. Me likes.

I teach people the stuff I know, and I also say the stuff I think, but I'm not a teacher(don't you pretend to be my student man, hehehe).

Why play a role, I'm just a dude in sububurbia with a computer who does a bit of meditation, that's not a role, that's just how it is.

Are you coming in here like 'I'm enlightened and my mission is to liberate all the ignorant"? Or are you who you are as you are?

Im not here on a mission, I like expressing and I like connecting with people and this forum is a better place for me to do it that many other places, I guess partly because the stuff Im interested in isnt what most people are really interested in. It hasnt escaped my notice though that the more time I spend on here, the more my extremes get ironed out.
Old 29-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Im not here on a mission, I like expressing and I like connecting with people and this forum is a better place for me to do it that many other places, I guess partly because the stuff Im interested in isnt what most people are really interested in. It hasnt escaped my notice though that the more time I spend on here, the more my extremes get ironed out.

Well I'm very pleased. You can just be as you are and I can accept that wholefully, because if you have no mission you have nothing to impose on me, and I have no imposition to resist.

Now we can have a beer!

Old 29-08-2011, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Well I'm very pleased. You can just be as you are and I can accept that wholefully, because if you have no mission you have nothing to impose on me, and I have no imposition to resist.

Now we can have a beer!

Old 29-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:

(Clink)

Old 30-08-2011, 01:35 AM
Master
never mind....

`