Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 17-05-2018, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator
Including things like kefir, sauerkraut and olives in your diet will definitely help a LOT to bring back the balance of good bacteria. Proper sourdough bread can help too. There are meant to be some candida bacteria in anyone's system. The problem is when they crowd out the good bacteria.

Store bought olives and sauerkraut probably won't be "live" though. They have usually gone through the pasteurisation process. But there are still sources of the proper stuff you may be able to find. Check it out. Here in UK there is a store apparently which sells "live" sauerkraut. That is Ocado. There will be other sources.
Old 27-05-2018, 12:05 AM
Experiencer

I messaged Colorado right now, but I'm not sure if she'll be back to check her message. Therefore I wanted to post the question here to anyone who thinks they may be able to help me out.

I was thinking about seriously trying this way of eating for a few months. I know I need to do it. I know I have a lot of problems that could possibly be related to an overgrowth of Candidiasis. I have tried in vain maybe five or more years ago to attempt this diet, but the one I tried was so strict/limited and full of supplements, that I just couldn't stick to it. But at that time I was eating fast food probably three times a week, too, so I didn't have nearly as much discipline when it comes to giving up certain foods. My attachments to certain foods are much less now, so I think I'm ready for the big leap of giving up all grains, sugars, dairy, etc., if need be.

So with that said, does anyone have any good resources for what to eat every day? Specifically, does anyone have a daily/weekly menu example that I could follow? I want to make sure that I'm getting all of my vitamins and minerals, since I do have a very difficult time absorbing many nutrients, possibly due to an overgrowth of yeast and fungus. Who knows? One thing I need to say though, is that I have a very bad sensitivity to legumes (i.e. beans, peanuts, peas, alfalfa, soy sauce, tofu, etc.), specifically soy. I also cannot seem to tolerate foods that are high in histamines. But, the latter problem could just be attributed to an overgrowth of yeast in the body.

I won't be able to go shopping for "new food" until this Friday, so I'll be checking back here to read any and all suggestions and resources you may post until then. For now I have to stick to eating what's in the fridge and cabinets. I'll probably have a nice cheesy pizza party one or two times before Friday hits. I'm going to miss pizza, I won't lie. But, I also won't miss being overweight and having various other health problems. So, arrivederci, pizza! Our saucy food love affair has been wonderful, but such is impermanence!
Old 27-05-2018, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator
Okay Torgo, so most of the vegan/veggie stuff doesn't suit you? Well the way I see it, so long as you are eating good wholesome plain home cooked food with veggies that do suit you, and staying away from yeasts and sugar you will be good.
But there is lots of hidden sugar in foods like pizza for instance. Can you imagine why sugar has to be in pizza?? No neither can I. I can't imagine why sugar has to be in non-sweet things anyway.
It's one thing to eat sugar when you know you are doing that and accept it....but in savoury food? Weird.

So stick to simple home cooking, even if you eat meat and fish. I don't think there would be any problem regarding yeast with meat and fish, eggs, etc. And certainly not with potatoes, rice, buckwheat and quinoa (?) probably not. But I don't know everything about it. Stay away from yeast-based stock cubes, gravies etc. Some breads are okay like probably chappatis etc. (Unleavened bread)

Is cheese not allowed? I don't know. As that has neither yeast nor sugar I can't see it would do much harm. You can actually make your own pizzas using a chapatti as a base! Then some sugar free tomato paste, cheese, and lots of veggies. But I am unsure about mushrooms. And I am unsure about processed meats like pepperoni etc.
Old 27-05-2018, 01:09 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Okay Torgo, so most of the vegan/veggie stuff doesn't suit you? Well the way I see it, so long as you are eating good wholesome plain home cooked food with veggies that do suit you, and staying away from yeasts and sugar you will be good.
But there is lots of hidden sugar in foods like pizza for instance. Can you imagine why sugar has to be in pizza?? No neither can I. I can't imagine why sugar has to be in non-sweet things anyway.
It's one thing to eat sugar when you know you are doing that and accept it....but in savoury food? Weird.

So stick to simple home cooking, even if you eat meat and fish. I don't think there would be any problem regarding yeast with meat and fish, eggs, etc. And certainly not with potatoes, rice, buckwheat and quinoa (?) probably not. But I don't know everything about it. Stay away from yeast-based stock cubes, gravies etc. Some breads are okay like probably chappatis etc. (Unleavened bread)

Is cheese not allowed? I don't know. As that has neither yeast nor sugar I can't see it would do much harm. You can actually make your own pizzas using a chapatti as a base! Then some sugar free tomato paste, cheese, and lots of veggies. But I am unsure about mushrooms. And I am unsure about processed meats like pepperoni etc.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think they say to avoid dairy and things like mushrooms because they are fungal/mold prone. I remember when I attempt to do this before, practically everything was off-limits that had any carbohydrates or sugars attached to them, as well as foods that were high in mold content.

I have no problem eating vegetables. In fact, I've always liked vegetables but have hated fruit. So that's an easy thing to do there, because fruit isn't allowed on this type of diet.

I don't mind if I have to eat vegetable soup all day long. But I was just hoping to see if there were any other suggestions on other foods/recipes to eat. I really don't care to eat too much meat. Besides, it is too expensive to have meat every day, let alone at every meal. But from what I remember, it's basically a meat and vegetable type of way of eating. But if you're vegan or vegetarian, you're basically stuck with just eating vegetables, because you have to severely limit nuts, seeds, and legumes, because they are prone to mold and fungus, which is to be avoided on this diet. Besides, I have a very bad sensitivity to those things anyway, especially legumes. And I probably have a sensitivity to these things, because I have an overgrowth of yeast and/or fungus in my body I suppose.

During this time, I also tried the GAPS diet, which is somewhat similar to the anti-candidaS diet. But I had to stop because I felt like I was turning into a bottle of ammonia. I literally could smell ammonia coming from my pores. It was too much meat and bone broth for me. I didn't feel well on it after a while. And I could barely get past the beginning stages where you're introduced to eggs. Sadly, I think I have a sensitivity to them as well, too. Maybe just the whites, and not the yolk. But I remember going on it and the book saying that you need to keep staying in the beginning stages if you have sensitivities to the foods that are slowly introduced. I think I was eating only boiled meat, sauerkraut, boiled squash, and lots of bone broth or something, for a couple of weeks and feeling like I needed to stop the diet or I was going to become very ill. I was drinking tons of Gerolsteiner mineral water, too.
Old 29-07-2018, 11:51 PM
Administrator
Hello

I was just going to start a thread on what I call the "Itchy Twitchy B'chy" I had one for months it would go away come back and go away. Tried the over the counter cures would help the "itch" but not the overall. Tried yogarts ext and nothing. I watch the sugars, starches ext so I knew I was clear there.

Nothing took it away but it was not a yeast infection it was exeama (yes down there) I have it around my ears and at times on the back of my scalp. Most times its triggered by stress. I never thought of it being similar to a yeast infection so its a wonder the creams for yeast did not work.

It was a friend that pointed out it might be exeama that I had and she was so right on. Few days of meds for that and infection was gone. Not been back since. Stress triggers a lot of issues.

Oh and even worse I could have been allergic to my partner and his body fluids.....of all things. Happy its not that a barrier would not be fun.

Lynn
Old 30-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Experiencer

If you suspect Candida, but can't afford anything fancy, start by cutting out sugars. No sugary drinks, no bread, no potato. It helps get you in the mindset and develop better habits. Then you can move on to adding vinegar, garlic, etc., or a detox, what have you.

The easiest thing to do is if you MUST eat fast food, have a burger without the bun, no fries, and water. This is the "At least I'm not making it worse" approach.
Old 30-07-2018, 02:46 PM
Master

Colorado, I've been on a gluten free diet for about 5 years now. Most of your symptoms sound like a gluten intolerance or at least some kind of food intolerance. And I agree, processed foods are killing us.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:25 PM
Master
sorry but any animal products are bad for you unless you're the animal they're intended for. microbes in general are there essentially trying to help clear an clean us out of the toxic stuff that doesn't belong. I am glad you got rid of your candida issue but that doesn't mean you are actually healthy and given that diet you couldn't be, I am sorry to put it this way but it is true. You do offer a lot of good advice and facts otherwise though