Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 01-01-2011, 10:45 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
How do you know all those millions of people really had past lives? Maybe they had experiences they can't seem to understand and they place these within their conceptual religious schemes. It doesn't matter whether there are millions or hundreds. Quantity is unimportant.Most people would not agree with me so there's nothing to ''fit in''. The majority of the people in the world are religious.
Interestingly enough if you "studied" people with past lives.. you would find that many of them.. actually remember real details they could not have known about areas they've never even been too..

You would also find that they would offer some information that "doesn't make sense" meaning what they described could not be attributed to our reality.. but there's easy explanation for that one.. what took place that they remembered or really just "accessed" was in another dimension/reality.. just not this one..
Quote:
I am interested in the truth and I don't shy away from rationality.
Truth?? The truth is a open and balanced person.. considers all possibilities.. doesn't just go "the most logical thing and that can't be true is obviously the truth"

If you want to be more truth "balanced"

Ask questions like these.. I heard what that person said/"claimed"

If that were true.. what does that mean?

How could that be true?

See it's these questions bring you from being "limited in thinking and scope" too unlimited.. but if you prefer that everything be tied neatly with a "ribbon"

Then stick to your "there all liars and there's nothing to explore here"
Quote:
Our mind is a powerful tool that can create delusions.
Correction..

Our mind is a powerful tool that created delusions
Quote:
When you're a kid and you watch a horror movie or something scary, you can get nightmares or believe the movie was for real. But our beliefs about reality do not make it what it is.
Incorrect..

Actually, it's our beliefs about reality that keep us from getting attacked from a "imaginary monster" we saw in a movie.. without those beliefs we would by "law of attraction" draw that closer or create it..

It's because we all say after the movie.. "ohh, it's a movie.. nothing like that can happen.. it's all fiction" that keeps it that way..
Quote:
No bigfoot has been found yet. This is supposed to be a big creature that lives not far away from civilisation. If they would exist the evidence would be everywhere. We would find dead corpses of bigfoot, we would find sleeping dens.
You have a good point.. I don't know the information on bigfoot/yeti exactly..

This is what I know about bigfoot/yeti

- They were created as "workers" in Atlantis
- They don't have a full existence like us, according tyberonn/metatron I believe he said there design doesn't allow them to "grow" they are stuck in a cycle and hence there "dying" leaving the planet.. I think he said there is like less than 500 as of now
- There very private creatures and they hate mankind goes back to the days "Atlantis"

I don't think it's outside the realm of imagination to believe a creature could exist in the woods or areas that doesn't have much "human" contact and who's body are generally not recovered.. though I think there may be a few skulls out there..
Quote:
Destination Truth is not a scientific programme, its aim is to get money through fooling the public. Just like horoscopes in the newspapers.
This is a pretty negative view.. I bet you haven't even watched a episode?

Destination Truth is a nice comedic exploration into the "unknown" filmed with camera's so you can figure out for yourself.. and every episode they encounter "weird" stuff.. but nothing super definable.. except just so much weird stuff.. it beckons at the idea of a "larger picture" that a large majority of the human race still pretends to not understand..

They found a fresh yeti print in a stream they took a cast of it.. and ironically made big news in the country's country (korea or somewhere around there don't remember) so either there are 2 explanations.. 1 a yeti made the print.. or 2 there scam artists they created a fake print and put it there to be discovered..

Or even 3 there's some weird guy in (korea somwhere ) that wears shoes that look like yeti feet..

I choose to believe the simplest explanation.. very cooly, destination truth found a yeti print because I don't think there liars or master manipulators as you claim..

For clarity the episode of destination truth was episode 2x01 and it was in "asia" the mountains of napal he went back a second time in season 3 and that's where he found hair (which the dna was checked) I believe and another print
Old 01-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
See it's these questions bring you from being "limited in thinking and scope" too unlimited.. but if you prefer that everything be tied neatly with a "ribbon" Then stick to your "there all liars and there's nothing to explore here"
I don't say ''there all liars and there's nothing to explore here''. In most cases people are not necessarily fooling others on purpose, they are deluding themselves.

Maybe I see a bird outside and my first thought is: I believe it's a crow. I grab my binocular and it wasn't a crow, it was a rook.
I wasn't actually lying to myself. My belief was just false.

You don't believe our mind is a powerful too that create delusions, but there are so many examples. Explore the mind a bit. Try to be aware of your actions and thoughts.

Quote:
Actually, it's our beliefs about reality that keep us from getting attacked from a "imaginary monster" we saw in a movie.. without those beliefs we would by "law of attraction" draw that closer or create it..
It's because we all say after the movie.. "ohh, it's a movie.. nothing like that can happen.. it's all fiction" that keeps it that way..

Maybe you should try to conjure a tyrannosaurus..

the odds of there being such creatures as bigfoot is very slim. If they would be the size of an insect, perhaps there is a chance. But big creatures leave traces behind.

I have seen episodes of Destination Truth. They always start out with a quest and always make it seem as if they will find something.
But in the end, it's often a shoe on the fish hook.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:08 AM
themaster

Quote:
Try to be aware of your actions and thoughts.
I'm very aware.. that's how "law of attraction" got me knee deep into "new age" understandings/theory's..
Quote:
You don't believe our mind is a powerful too that create delusions, but there are so many examples.
You know if you examine this statement as a trust issue..

You’re really saying.. I don't trust myself.. I don't trust what I see..

Not a healthy way to be in body or mind
Quote:
I don't say ''there all liars and there's nothing to explore here''. In most cases people are not necessarily fooling others on purpose, they are deluding themselves.
Chrysaetos.. take a good look in the mirror would you?

Are you really coming on this forum and saying that people who never seen a atom are delusional?

I mean is it the 1700's right now..?? and you’re telling everyone.. I got this wonderful theory for the atom that I can't prove but it's real people.. and everyone is looking at you.. like you’re crazy? (let's burn e'm! he's a witch! )

This is the same thing I'm saying to you "Chrysaetos" much of what we are talking about here is REAL.. it's not make believe.. it certainly can't be proved with a "electron microscope" test or some other test..

But there is a BASIS for every mythology we have.. it is not random so my suggestion to you is.. broaden your horizons.. let go of being so stringent about "people are liars" because that is ultimately what you’re saying.. in various words..

Sure, I'm with you people make mistakes.. they look out a window think they see a robin.. turns out it's a owl.. but they don't go back to their couch and then say.. "that f#$^$#^ proves it fairies don't exist"
Quote:
I have seen episodes of Destination Truth. They always start out with a quest and always make it seem as if they will find something.
But in the end, it's often a shoe on the fish hook.
So your saying there bigfoot episodes (there's more the one) are lies?

I mean what are saying??

Did they find evidence? or are they lying? or is there just some weirdo in the "mountains of nepal" that is screwing with them?
Old 02-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm very aware.. that's how "law of attraction" got me knee deep into "new age" understandings/theory's..
You know if you examine this statement as a trust issue..
Have a look at the example I made.
Quote:
You’re really saying.. I don't trust myself.. I don't trust what I see..Not a healthy way to be in body or mind Chrysaetos.. take a good look in the mirror would you?Are you really coming on this forum and saying that people who never seen a atom are delusional?
Let's stick to the subject at hand. I kindly ask you to make no assumptions or shove such words as the last sentence above in my shoes.
Quote:
But there is a BASIS for every mythology we have.. it is not random so my suggestion to you is.. broaden your horizons.. let go of being so stringent about "people are liars" because that is ultimately what you’re saying.. in various words..
Nope, you misunderstood.
Of course there is a ''basis'' for every mythology. But taking it all literal or objectively is a common mistake.
Quote:
Sure, I'm with you people make mistakes.. they look out a window think they see a robin.. turns out it's a owl.. but they don't go back to their couch and then say.. "that f#$^$#^ proves it fairies don't exist"
Strange connection you made there. Read carefully and try to avoid straw man arguments. I never said it can be proved fairies or mythological creatures don't exist,
I said that it's highly unlikely they exist. And many experiences could very well be misclassifications.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Did they find evidence? or are they lying? or is there just some weirdo in the "mountains of nepal" that is screwing with them?
Just don't trust such popular programmes that give no evidence for their claims. They found a footprint, well big deal. Anyone can make that..
There have been people who admitted and showed they had bigfoot suits and made bigfoot prints.
But popular media will do anything as long as they can get money, they don't care whether they fools the public with fantasy. Charlatanry is Big Business.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:05 PM
themaster

Quote:
Let's stick to the subject at hand. I kindly ask you to make no assumptions or shove such words as the last sentence above in my shoes.
Actually, I shove assumptions at you so you'll correct them..
Quote:
Just don't trust such popular programmes that give no evidence for their claims. They found a footprint, well big deal. Anyone can make that..
There have been people who admitted and showed they had bigfoot suits and made bigfoot prints.
But popular media will do anything as long as they can get money, they don't care whether they fools the public with fantasy. Charlatanry is Big Business.
How many television programs is going to take to prove it to you?

How many 100's or millions of eye witness will take for you to give "credence" to maybe it's possible?

You see I think reality is a mirror... so you say..

Chrysaetos: I don't trust the media there liars..

Mirror says: Let me bounce that right back to you.. see now you don't trust yourself.. because all objects and ideas external to you.. are you..

The same question could be asked about any idea.. ufo's, reincarnation, yeti.. doesn't matter.. people are always busy deciding the truth.. when the truth is all things imagined are real

What I'm really trying to say is a "skeptical" mindset is not a healthy thing long term.. a open mindset is much better.. many of our best scientists always kept themselves open.. they participated in the "spiritualist" movement they actually explored.. some of them..

The real reason, why science won't write a article like.. "yeti may exist" is they live in fear of ridicule.. there is a experiment right now which has been conducted at princeton for years and years..

This simple experiment is a random number generator.. and a scientist runs computers in 100+ cities and he watches his random number generator create spikes (that shouldn't happen) when big events happen like 9/11 etc.

The point of fact is human thought manipulates machines, when people go into reaction they spike machines.. is this too radical? I mean what is??

Even though this scientist has published his research for years.. the effects and him are little know about.. just like another scientist that proved that water reacts to thought.. imagine a scientist taking all these experiments and writing a theory called "law of attraction"

But the reason they won't write such stuff.. is because their in FEAR of criticism and every radical idea that's just too *weird* is shutdown.. the good news is that cycle ends soon.. basically it's just a bunch of grade school’ers going.. we don't like you.. but you and your research we like.. your accredited here let me publish you in "science"

Why did I write this whole rant.. just cause I think you put too much faith in science Chrysaetos and that's what I think till you prove me wrong
Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 PM
Master
Quote:
How many television programs is going to take to prove it to you?How many 100's or millions of eye witness will take for you to give "credence" to maybe it's possible?
I value quality, not quantity.
The majority of humanity believes in an anthropomorphic God, that doesn't make it real.
Quote:
What I'm really trying to say is a "skeptical" mindset is not a healthy thing long term.. a open mindset is much better.. many of our best scientists always kept themselves open.. they participated in the "spiritualist" movement they actually explored.. some of them..
Scepticism allows you to be open-minded but don't jump to hasty faith based conclusions. Without scepticism we would still be in an age where ''different'' people would be burned in the name of God.
Quote:
But the reason they won't write such stuff.. is because their in FEAR of criticism and every radical idea that's just too *weird* is shutdown.. the good news is that cycle ends soon.. basically it's just a bunch of grade school’ers going.. we don't like you.. but you and your research we like.. your accredited here let me publish you in "science"
According to that way of thinking all the unproven baloney must be true.

What matters is the evidence. It has nothing to do with faith. Faith is yours, you think everything is true without evidence. Accepting beliefs because we do not have all the answers is true close mindedness. And that's what the New Age really is, developing in a new close minded religion, with its own unproven religious dogmas. If phenomena can be explained through other means, the New Age quickly assumes there are conspiracies trying to get them.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:46 PM
themaster

Quote:
The majority of humanity believes in an anthropomorphic God, that doesn't make it real.
Ohh.. but what if there right?

And does it matter if there "wrong"??

It actually doesn't but a lot of hardnosed people think it does matter
Quote:
Scepticism allows you to be open-minded but don't jump to hasty faith based conclusions. Without scepticism we would still be in an age where ''different'' people would be burned in the name of God.
I don't think "death" is a bad thing.. quite the opposite it's a good thing

So some people like to thumb there noses out and say.. "you bad" this would be you doing it in this case..
Quote:
According to that way of thinking all the unproven baloney must be true.
I'm saying the "unproved baloney" deserves a balanced look.. it should not be looked at with "ohh, your crazy" "ohh, you were on drugs" "ohh, your just a liar let's burn you "
Quote:
What matters is the evidence.
Yes, but how often does evidence go overlooked?

Point of fact a lot.. for example all of us.. can verify that science is telling us the truth by re-creating there experiments.. but we don't bother.. too lazy, to busy arguing science to check it for ourselves

Let me give you another example.. BP before the oil spill was known for having caused 3-4 environmental disasters and killing dozens of it's employees and yet it was overlooked shocking, right?

Not really.. people just see what they want to see..

My point is again.. there is evidence that "thoughts can effect computers" and that "water can also be effected by thoughts under the microscope"

Yet, these aren't commonly acknowledge facts..?? this is considered fringe/weirdo science that no one believes

My point just something else that's overlooked..
Old 02-01-2011, 01:48 PM
themaster

Quote:
And that's what the New Age really is, developing in a new close minded religion, with its own unproven religious dogmas. If phenomena can be explained through other means, the New Age quickly assumes there are conspiracies trying to get them.
Well, it's good to know you've already decided were "crackpots" that sounds balanced to me..

I would agree with you "new age" is a type of religion and yet.. I've learned to declassify it as that..

Because the best of "new age" just says.. here's some helpful information.. just have a look and see if it helps.. and if it doesn't resonate.. discard it.. the interesting thing about the "new age" religion is.. it's pick what works for you.. not "this is how we do it" mantra..
Old 02-01-2011, 02:07 PM
Summerland

Chrysaetos, as you are aware of, I have tried to reach out to you in a more personal tone. I asked on the Atlantean thread about your past experiences and you said that it was not pertinent to that thread. So perhaps it would be more pertinent to this thread.
I am wondering how it is that you once believed in the more paranormal side of life and then became so pragmatic and is there a reason why you returned to a more linear, logical manner of thought.