Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-03-2013, 02:37 PM
Knower

Squatchit,

re: "Does it matter which day it was?"

When asked by the scribes and Pharisees for a sign of his authority, the Messiah said that the only sign would be His entombment for three days AND three nights. If He didn't spend that time in the tomb, then He would not qualify. So why do you think that it is not important as to the length of time?

Also, it - a first day resurrection - matters to those who use it, at least in part, to justify the change of seventh day observance to the first day.
Old 23-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Suspended
Personally, I think the message from Jesus is more important than who he was (or claimed to be). That's why, to me, it doesn't matter which day he died.

If someone 'preaches' love, kindness and peace, then whether they be a madman or a genius matters not a jot. It's all in the message and whether it fills your heart with joy, and spirit with love.

Just my thoughts.
Old 23-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Suspended
*And Squatch, what the heck are you doing in the Christianity section...get out, get out!*
Old 30-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Knower

Perhaps a rewriting of the OP will make it a little more clear:

Whenever the three days and three nights of Matthew 12:40 is brought up in a “discussion” with 6th day crucifixion proponents, they frequently argue that it is a Jewish idiom for counting any part of a day as a whole day. I wonder if anyone knows of any writing that shows that a phrase stating a specific number of days as well as a specific number of nights was ever used in the first century or before when it absolutely didn’t include at least a part of each one of the specific number of days and at least a part of each one of the specific number of nights?
Old 30-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Master
http://www.birthpangs.org/articles/prophetic/babushka_principle4b.html

"Exod 19:10-20
Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their clothes. And let them be ready for the third day. For on the third day the LORD will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. ...

16 Then it came to pass ON THE THIRD DAY, in the morning, that there were thunderings and lightnings, and a thick cloud on the mountain; and the sound of the trumpet was very loud, so that all the people who were in the camp trembled. And Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain.

Now Mount Sinai was completely in smoke, because the LORD descended upon it in fire.
Its smoke ascended like the smoke of a furnace, and the whole mountain quaked greatly.
And when the blast of the trumpet sounded long and became louder and louder, Moses spoke, and God answered him by voice.

Then the LORD came down upon Mount Sinai, on the top of the mountain.

And the LORD called Moses to the top of the mountain, and Moses went up.

Now doesn't this remind us of the description of the Rapture in Matt 24:29-31? (Also 1 Cor 15:51-52 and 1 Thess 4:15-18)"

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 30-04-2013, 09:40 PM
Knower

Morpheus,

Do you know of any writing as requested in the OP?
Old 30-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Master
I think you may be missing the point, rstrats.

Since Einstein,we have been told that time is illusory.
I've provided old testament reference regarding the relevance to, "three days", other than the story of Jonah.

So, bottom line, what is the relevance of the OP? Why should it be important to you?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Knower

Morpheus,

re: "I think you may be missing the point..."

I guess I am because I don't see where your post shows a phrase stating a specific number of days as well as a specific number of nights that absolutely didn’t include at least a part of each one of the specific number of days and at least a part of each one of the specific number of nights.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Master
Seems youir OP was strange... a continuation from somewhere else, with someone else?
Then, you disregarded everything else I posted to you, also.

I expect then you are Jewish, as I am on my mother's side, and I expect also you are the religious minded, and, "straining at the gnat"?

I take exception, also, with the Seventh Day Adventists.

The Love of God, and His salvation being greater than the issue of a, "calendar day".

Old 03-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Knower

Morpheus,

re: "Seems youir OP was strange..."

I don't see anything strange about it. I'm simply asking a question.

re: "...you disregarded everything else I posted to you..."

If by disregarded, you mean I didn't accept your comments as being responsive to my request, then guilty as charged.

re: "I expect then you are Jewish..."

Not that I know of. What have I said that would cause you to think that?