Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 25-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Skye

According to one internet source, rigor mortis can set in from 10 minutes to hours with the maximum effect lasting approximately 72 hours - depending on factors.

Unfortunately as you know medical science can be wrong under normal circumstances, so the same could apply in cases of NDE.

I don't doubt these people have had such experiences. My brother had one and came back stating what happened with him. Nevertheless, as much as I would like to agree with you in saying these people were dead, natural law is unalterable in all circumstances including death. Effect will always follow cause.

Once again I have read and therefore understand scientists have realised NDEs do occur after all. They are beginning to investigate it further, this has to be a positive sign for those who do have NDEs.
Old 25-12-2011, 05:54 PM
Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
Skye, that's why I want to be cremated. Am afraid of being buried alive.

I can understand this Celeste. I dread the thought of a mistake being made and me waking up half way through my autopsy if I have one of course.
Old 25-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Etu Malku

The ancient Egyptians understood the separation of soul from body, an explanation of what happens when the Ka does not join the Ba is presented in the Coffin Texts of King Unas.

There is a division that occurs at the point of death, our consciousness becomes divided into two separate states. The first state in this division of consciousness is called the "Ba", this is the immortal state of consciousness that reincarnates and continues its sacred pilgrimage towards total illumination.

It is the spark of divinity that resides within us all, the aspect of our multidimensional being that inspires us to overcome our animal nature, to move beyond the cravings of the small self-centered ego so as to experience an interconnectedness with the entire universal reality and beyond.

The second aspect of this great separation at death is the "Ka". The Ka is the part of the human consciousness that remains here on Earth. It is perceived as the "ghost" or psychic residue of the previous conscious being. It is the spirit. It is the part of us that has a connection with the place that the physical body lived, with the objects it possessed, with the people that it knew.

The Ka is the aspect of consciousness that is left when the Ba, or animating force, departs the physical body. It is the shadow, or remaining psychic imprint, of soul consciousness, or the "spirit" which haunts a place, that occupies illusory heavens and hells, that may relive its own human life over and over for eternity.

- paraphrased from "Alchemy of the Afterlife: The Ka, the Ba, and the Kabbalah" by Jay Weidner
Old 26-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Celeste

I agree Jim/Left Behind. But you know how sometimes you just can't get something out of your mind?
Old 27-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Toolite

you come out of your flesh right before your body dies.

All The glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 27-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
you come out of your flesh right before your body dies.

All The glory Belongs To God Forever!
^-- so not touching that..
Old 27-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
^-- so not touching that..

At this point it will come down to experience.. im open and not sensitive.. and respectful.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 27-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Master
only my opinion

I don't believe the soul could get trapped inside the dead corpse. And I can't imagine why the soul would choose to stay inside when it is finally free to roam. I can imagine that in some circumstance it may choose to stay near the body due to manner of death for instance. As a matter of fact, this is one of my past life memories.
In my memory I am a young man, my body is in back of a buggy being moved by a horse and driver. I am hovering directly behind the driver looking down on my dead body, and very much feel that I need to stay with it. I believe I was killed.
Old 27-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etu Malku
The ancient Egyptians understood the separation of soul from body, an explanation of what happens when the Ka does not join the Ba is presented in the Coffin Texts of King Unas.

There is a division that occurs at the point of death, our consciousness becomes divided into two separate states. The first state in this division of consciousness is called the "Ba", this is the immortal state of consciousness that reincarnates and continues its sacred pilgrimage towards total illumination.

It is the spark of divinity that resides within us all, the aspect of our multidimensional being that inspires us to overcome our animal nature, to move beyond the cravings of the small self-centered ego so as to experience an interconnectedness with the entire universal reality and beyond.

The second aspect of this great separation at death is the "Ka". The Ka is the part of the human consciousness that remains here on Earth. It is perceived as the "ghost" or psychic residue of the previous conscious being. It is the spirit. It is the part of us that has a connection with the place that the physical body lived, with the objects it possessed, with the people that it knew.

The Ka is the aspect of consciousness that is left when the Ba, or animating force, departs the physical body. It is the shadow, or remaining psychic imprint, of soul consciousness, or the "spirit" which haunts a place, that occupies illusory heavens and hells, that may relive its own human life over and over for eternity.

- paraphrased from "Alchemy of the Afterlife: The Ka, the Ba, and the Kabbalah" by Jay Weidner

I totally understand what you are conveying here, wrote a post about the binary soul a while back, it didn't much impress anyone, but this premise has sure impressed me, and I continue to study it's fascinating implications.
Old 28-12-2011, 04:49 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
I don't believe the soul could get trapped inside the dead corpse. And I can't imagine why the soul would choose to stay inside when it is finally free to roam. I can imagine that in some circumstance it may choose to stay near the body due to manner of death for instance. As a matter of fact, this is one of my past life memories.
In my memory I am a young man, my body is in back of a buggy being moved by a horse and driver. I am hovering directly behind the driver looking down on my dead body, and very much feel that I need to stay with it. I believe I was killed.

death is one of my giftings i will say.. death happens and the soul cant figure it all out at the moment its too confusing you can see you died but you dont feel the trauma or pain so at the moment your in denial and then the light shines its almost like being asked telepathically... like you know what the light means but you can say no. and i beloieve thats how souls walk the earth.. i dont have all the pieces but the pieces i do have i am always willing to share to complete the puzzle and get the complete picture.

All the Glory Belongs To God Forever!