Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 10-06-2011, 03:18 AM
Master
hmmm... well... Since what we give our attention to becomes our own reality, does one really want to delve into the worst possibilities of suffering in the world? And what for? Who and what would be served by that focus?

As for me I prefer to fill my consciousness with the compassion side of suffering.

Xan

Old 10-06-2011, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
hmmm... well... Since what we give our attention to becomes our own reality, does one really want to delve into the worst possibilities of suffering in the world? And what for? Who and what would be served by that focus?

As for me I prefer to fill my consciousness with the compassion side of suffering.

Xan

It isn't about the worst possible, it's only the way of the world. It matters little where I focus I focus on the stars above while unbeknownst to me, yet a very real experience for another is such agony, no more or less so than that star I gaze upon.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:13 PM
moke64916

Smile

In my opinion: all suffering/negativity is caused by resistance at some level. That comes from the spiritual masters themselves. I believe everything is in motion. It's when you resist the flow of everda life, th energy is in a nutral standpoint. There being negativity. Fear. The opposite of love. All negativity can be transformed into peace if. Surrender. Negativity s fighting on som level. People creat the problems. Any thought you give emotion t wil manifest. What you resist persists. What you fear persists. You will clear those fears by surrenderingnor having no emotion t the thought that you once feared. Then that fear is cleared from your subconscious. The higher frequency person you become, negativity cannot survive. So it has to clear. You gotta face your fears head on. Whavyou avoid will always creep back in your conscious mind
Old 10-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It isn't about the worst possible, it's only the way of the world. It matters little where I focus I focus on the stars above while unbeknownst to me, yet a very real experience for another is such agony, no more or less so than that star I gaze upon.

Are you sure you're talking about 'another', Gem? There is suffering going on in the world, for sure, but when we get focused on it (accompanied by extreme images like knitting needles in babies eyes) more than likely there's unhealed pain in ourselves. Maybe it's time to give some deep attention into what's happening in your own heart, eh?

Xan

Old 10-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Sangress

Quote:
all suffering/negativity is caused by resistance at some level.

I agree with this.

Quote:
does a person need to be at a breaking point to begin to truly suffer?

No. I think that to suffer a person would already be broken.

In my opinion, Suffering doesn't begin until the immediate pain has faded because that is when survival mechanisms shut down and the entrety of the damage hits a person. Thats when a person can no longer cope with or comprehend what has happened or is still happening, so naturally they resist and fight against it because this is a threat to them.

I think that human suffering isn't a problem, its an affect originating from damage done to the body, mind and/or soul. Pain and suffering is (and always will be)an integral part of life itself and is what allows us to grow and overcome difficulties.

The suffering of all humans massed together is irrelivant (to me at least) because this kind of thing cannot be "fixed" on a mass scale because no one person is on the same level of suffering as another and the path of healing is an individual and extreemly personal thing.

One thing I know for sure is that acceptance and understanding is the key to relieving areas of personal suffering, but it will not end suffering altogether because new hardships arise constantly.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Are you sure you're talking about 'another', Gem? There is suffering going on in the world, for sure, but when we get focused on it (accompanied by extreme images like knitting needles in babies eyes) more than likely there's unhealed pain in ourselves. Maybe it's time to give some deep attention into what's happening in your own heart, eh?

Xan

Nice try Xan, but I've seen the game played out many times before. I mean I just turn it all around againn and say 'aren't you really advising yourself?'

The dude asked me to define suffering OK... and I can tell you were a little confronted by graphic depictions, and fine, life comes with a lot of pain.

People might expect me to say some cliche like 'the resistance to accept this moment as it is' and I know that sort of thing is popular, or I perhaps adopt some Buddah concept... that would be sooo nice... but no, I was asked on suffering's definition, what it is, so you look at your heart as you are confronted and there it is... and I can tell you find it distasteful.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Master
It's funny how sometimes people hear concern as a distasteful confronted reaction. Still... the caring is here, Gem.

Xan

Old 11-06-2011, 02:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
It's funny how sometimes people hear concern as a distasteful confronted reaction. Still... the caring is here, Gem.

Xan

I'm sure the imagery is distasteful, and understand the adverse reaction to it, but it is to feel that twinge of sickness that defines the nature of this thing... and you may pretend it is something to do with me to avoid something stark, and perhaps imagining more beautiful things is so much more appeasing, but while you use me to project how damn caring and loving you are to everyone else, you do so from up on my shoulders.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:43 AM
Master
hmmm... cynicism... it's sure to increase your own suffering, my friend.

Xan

Old 11-06-2011, 03:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
hmmm... cynicism... it's sure to increase your own suffering, my friend.

Xan

I understand the game Xan.