Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-03-2017, 06:03 AM
Suspended
Ascender

So now we have two options:
1. The "Peaceful Warrior" who practices 'everything' can rightly be called 'idot'.
2. The "Peaceful Warrior" who practices 'everything' can't rightly be called 'idot'.

as to 1:
That option would be valid if he cannot decide what to practice in order to achieve a specific goal (he hopes for) and therefore he practices 'everything'.
Why would he be rightly called 'idot' then?
Because different practices entail different results and practicing 'everything' therefore would support conflicting causes and thus undermine achieving a specific goal.

as to 2:
That option would be valid if he does not have a specific goal but the unspecific goal of staying busy and therefore he practices 'everything'.
Why would't he be rightly called 'idot' then?
Because practicing 'everything' would support conflicting causes and thus he would achieve his unspecific goal of staying busy because he could go on practicing 'everything' interminably.

Old 28-03-2017, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
So now we have two options:
1. The "Peaceful Warrior" who practices 'everything' can rightly be called 'idot'.
2. The "Peaceful Warrior" who practices 'everything' can't rightly be called 'idot'.

as to 1:
That option would be valid if he cannot decide what to practice in order to achieve a specific goal (he hopes for) and therefore he practices 'everything'.
Why would he be rightly called 'idot' then?
Because different practices entail different results and practicing 'everything' therefore would support conflicting causes and thus undermine achieving a specific goal.

as to 2:
That option would be valid if he does not have a specific goal but the unspecific goal of staying busy and therefore he practices 'everything'.
Why would't he be rightly called 'idot' then?
Because practicing 'everything' would support conflicting causes and thus he would achieve his unspecific goal of staying busy because he could go on practicing 'everything' interminably.

It's a movie worth watching.
Old 28-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's a movie worth watching.
And in this film this person practices everything?
Old 30-03-2017, 12:12 AM
Master
Quote:
And in this film this person practices everything?

Indeed. I extracted the quote from that film.
Old 30-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Pathfinder

How does vipassana meditation style work? How do you go about it?
Old 30-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Pathfinder

I second Astral's question! ^
Old 31-03-2017, 04:07 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Fool
How does vipassana meditation style work? How do you go about it?

Vipassana Meditation is about Awareness.

It's when you focus intensely on your breath.

At first, you only learn to focus on part of your nose, which is easy at the beginning, but when you get good at it, you move to the subtle sensation of the air coming in and out, right under your nose.

This sensation is so delicate, that you need to be able to focus intensely.

When you learn that, you practice it, which strengthens your awareness, focus and concentration, as you do it with the exclusion of everything else.

This develops also consciousness, as this is Mental Work, that is, Spiritual Practice.

When you get to a point of attaining powerful focus, you begin to move the point of focus, and you begin to work with your Mental Body, through different body parts. This develops Single Point Concentration Power of Your Mind.

But, beginning with the focus on your breath under your nose, should give you practice for months, if not years.

Old 31-03-2017, 05:29 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Indeed. I extracted the quote from that film.
Well then what I have commented about this attitude then refers to a person in a film.
Old 31-03-2017, 05:39 AM
Ascender

To me this thread sounds like the life of a renunciate versus the life of a house holder.
You mentioned earlier that people, I assume your family are relying on you to provide. Well to me, there's your answer. I also provide for a family and they're my priority. Meditate when you can, possibly by getting out of bed an hour earlier and then do what you have to do to look after your family. If it helps I get out of bed an hour earlier most mornings to do some exercise, prayer and meditation but then like most other men in my position I go out and chase money to pay bills and buy food. Maybe one day my position will change but until then I know what my main purpose in life is.
Good luck and best wishes.
Shaun.
Old 31-03-2017, 05:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Well then what I have commented about this attitude then refers to a person in a film.

Exactly, I said it was a quote take from the film "Peaceful Warrior"