Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 31-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Knower

Angel1 Exposing Someone's Wrongdoings or Dishonesty?

If I happen to be someone smart enough, who understands how something illusive that was created by another person works, like a product or service that does not deliver what it promises, should I start exposing the fraud to help naive people or go my own way without intervening? Does it depend on how great the loss is for other people?

I heard how it's up to everyone to be responsible for choices they make and everyone should learn from mistakes. If I would intervene, would I potentially be preventing people from learning their lesson? I head how when trying to expose someone to prove their wrongdoings has negative energy attachment to it and concentrating on that is a waste of time and unproductive.

I happen to know a person online who delved into exposing wrongdoings of scammers and attracted like-minded people. He would disprove anyone commenting who would think otherwise and his followers would attack. In the end the person seem to drown in a sea of negativity as he became so obsessed that he would attack even honest people.

On the other hand there were revolutioners who tried exposing wrongdoings of government for the good of people. How would that be negative? Just look today how many peope try to awaken others from government control and false reality they live in.

Do you see the difference between 2 examples I described? What would be your thoughts? Would exposing wrongdoings be a worthwhile contribution to society when there is a risk in drowning in negativity where you could focus all your energy on self-development to be a better, self-fulfilled person?
Old 31-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Guide

It's a slippery slope, in my opinion.

It is a laudable desire, to inform others of fraud and wrongdoing. But in what form? Speaking out, discussing, researching are all positive-energy actions; those are likely to inspire personal growth.

But harranging, arguing, coercing, and (in your example of the online person) gathering a gang of followers who pounce on and attack those with dissenting view are definitely negative-energy actions.

What may have started out as a sincere desire to help may have turned into a thirst for power and an "I'm right and you're stupid" attitude.

I think this is especially true in instances like the current U.S. elections. Both candidates apparently have unsavory pasts, or at least closets filled with skeletons.

If someone points out an actual factual lie or mistatement or failure to disclose information (for instance refusing to release tax returns) that is a positive energy action. Stating fact in order to educate and inform is good.

But there are so many hoaxed posts on social media... my own cousin shared one that claimed the ballot in Oregon had Clinton listed twice and Trump not at all... (blatantly false, by the way) designed to make people "see the light" and vote the way someone else believes is right...

That isn't helping, that's harming and definitely negative energy stuff. To be so ready to believe bad things that one doesn't check to see if they have substance... and spreading those things as if they were factual...

Of course those who created the hoaxes/lies in the first place are very negative energy people. They try to exert power over others, based on lies.

I guess the distinction is this: If it is factual it can help. If it is opinion, beware. Opinion often has untruth and emotion and little actual basis in reality.
Old 31-10-2016, 03:03 PM
Master
1st- set the intention to be helpful -- to everyone's benefit (including the "wrongdoers").
2nd- don't lose sight of your original intention.
3rd- nothing else.
Old 31-10-2016, 08:31 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicGeek
If I happen to be someone smart enough, who understands how something illusive that was created by another person works, like a product or service that does not deliver what it promises, should I start exposing the fraud to help naive people or go my own way without intervening? Does it depend on how great the loss is for other people?

I heard how it's up to everyone to be responsible for choices they make and everyone should learn from mistakes. If I would intervene, would I potentially be preventing people from learning their lesson? I head how when trying to expose someone to prove their wrongdoings has negative energy attachment to it and concentrating on that is a waste of time and unproductive.

I happen to know a person online who delved into exposing wrongdoings of scammers and attracted like-minded people. He would disprove anyone commenting who would think otherwise and his followers would attack. In the end the person seem to drown in a sea of negativity as he became so obsessed that he would attack even honest people.

On the other hand there were revolutioners who tried exposing wrongdoings of government for the good of people. How would that be negative? Just look today how many peope try to awaken others from government control and false reality they live in.

Do you see the difference between 2 examples I described? What would be your thoughts? Would exposing wrongdoings be a worthwhile contribution to society when there is a risk in drowning in negativity where you could focus all your energy on self-development to be a better, self-fulfilled person?

Hi TechnicGeek,
That is an interesting quandary you are exploring: I believe you are asking should the focus be on your path/development or should it focus on others' paths/development.

Your post reminds me about a TV show that would go seek out cheaters being unfaithful to their partners/spouses. The guy who hosted the show often talked about how his mother was cheated on by his father and how it had negatively impacted him. Hence, his life was now seeking out cheaters in hopes of getting justice. I could only watch a few shows before I realized that there was so much negativity in the show. I couldn't help but think how long it would take for the host to burn out on all the negativity. And justice wouldn't always be obtained by "exposing" the cheater, as sometimes the cheated forgave and returned to the cheater.

I tend to gravitate to the greatest good, meaning the number of people who are POSITIVELY affected by an action. But I too am experiencing a similar dilemma. I just recently discovered that a SF member who has many, many posts (10,000+) and is considered a "Master" also has at least 8 fake profiles on this forum. From what I can determine, she uses these other fake profiles to "bump" others posts way down the line. She also uses these fake profiles to applaud her posts or keep her posts active. I find it very inauthentic, which is IMO, intentionally misleading to other SF members. A fraud who is attempting to enlighten others--do you see the dilemma?

Best wishes in finding your answer!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 01-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Lorelyen

Posting error!

Old 01-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicGeek

It depends how people are informed when they make choices. Deceiving advertising is the worst along with the pressure to agree to terms and conditions without reading the small-print in which the traps lie. Deceiving advertising is inexcusable but it's become institutionalised. Too many people trust the untrustable! Not apprising yourself of what's what is your fault.

In the former case it's socially and morally right to expose perpetrators and there are various means of doing it. One has to be careful of course. But you're right. We are responsible for our choices (although many try to blame others - and that's negative if ever).

Quote:

You give two near-extremes. The first is on-line and dangerous as it is, borders on trolling behaviour. Some people are perpetually angry and hateful. In this context it'll do them no good. They might attract a following but people get fed up with this stuff, credibility is lost if they're wrong more than right. If they're more often right they're drive is positive by intent.

The second case is difficult. Governments have to protect us, run the economy to the benefit of all. Thus, exposing what they're getting up could threaten that effort. On the other hand it's right that people know what their governments do. So what might be seen as a wrongdoing by one person might be perceived good by another. We have to decide.

Quote:

Yes, exposure of wrongdoing in a social context is right and proper. At times when argument follows one has to be honest. If wrong, back down, don't press arguments you can't win. There's no need to drown yourself in negativity if your aim is essentially positive.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:45 PM
I see no quandary.
Expose the danger to others with good intent.
Drop it after that.

I see it as wrong for me not to tell others of a danger.
I see it as wrong to not have warned me.

Drowning in negativity is a whole other can of worms.
That is the only question I see in the post.
Is it wrong to drown yourself in negativity?
Yes.

Now, is there wrong or right in this dualistic world, yes.
In reality is there wrong and right?
No.
However, there are things that slow or vaporize our happiness;
and things that bring us happiness.

Always choices.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi TechnicGeek,
The SF poster can be easily checked by the Admin or their IT person... unless they are
posting from different cities,
with diff PCs, and different servers! That would be something!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-11-2016, 02:21 PM
Master

It's a tricky one and one which I think doesn't have a definitive answer.
Each must be handled on its own merit

Karma will catch them, even if the appropriate authorities don't.

I shouldn't but .... The last statement made me chuckle! If the person you have in mind, dear TG, is the same person I have in mind, trust me this person is a popular member and her opinions are genuinely valued. She doesn't have any need to 'bus in' fake support.
Admin can soon identify any multi-members in any case.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 28-12-2016, 08:15 PM
Knower
In general I would say yes, because the culprit needs to be aware that they have done wrong, but it would depend on the individual, the circumstances, severity and the consequences of me exposing that person. It would help if I were familiar with the culprit so I could better decide how to approach the situation, if they rarely did wrongdoings I wouldn't expose them but just let them know and do what I can to help or prevent them from doing it again. If I knew them well and they did it often I would feel bad for them in a way (as an empath) and if I had had a discussion about their previous issues before and nothing seems to have changed i.e. a repeat wrongdoing I would definitely feel that I would need to step it up a level to make my point, for the benefit of whoever the wrongdoings have affected and the individual their self.

Company wise I would attempt to contact them and if they are ignoring me or I feel my issue isn't being sorted out then I feel they deserve to be outed e.g. on social media and the like!
Old 30-12-2016, 10:39 PM
Experiencer
I would say, become present and find peace within, and then from this calm place, take action, that you feel inspired to.