Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Knower

Is the guru has a rule in meditation

Is there a role of guru in meditation.can a person succeed in meditation without guru
Old 25-03-2017, 07:50 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijhumal
Is there a role of guru in meditation.can a person succeed in meditation without guru

There is definitely no need for a guru to apply methods of meditation considering your individual goals.

Meditation does not depend on belief systems/religions. So even if some belief systems/religions do claim the necessity of a guru you can ignore this if you do not want to follow these belief systems/religions.
Meditation is comparable with physical fitness training just that it is mental training not physical training.

However there are numerous kinds of meditations for numerous kinds of goals. Therefore you should be decisive about what you want to achieve in order to select the appropriate kind of meditation after having collected information about meditative methods.
Old 27-03-2017, 09:13 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

There are meditation schools that do not use gurus and Buddhist do not use gurus either. I personally don't like the concept of gurus for various reasons.
Old 27-03-2017, 09:54 PM
Ascender

I've practiced Buddhism for over 20 years and it's really only Tibetan Buddhism that uses gurus.
Theravada and Mahayana have highly respected teachers but if you go to another teacher for advice it's not insulting to your first teacher and on occasion the first teacher may even encourage you to study under another teacher for a while.
There's many different types of Buddhism and meditation. I started studying under Thai Forrest monks tradition (theravada) and am now studying pureland but I still visit the thai monks from time to time.
I respect them and an on friendly terms.
Old 28-03-2017, 01:31 AM
Master
Quote:

A guru or teacher can most definitely help you out. It is not necessary but having a knowledgeable support system is very important.
Old 28-03-2017, 03:25 AM
Master
There might be a handful of gurus that are helpful, but most are unrealised and egotistical, especially Western ones. Better to learn meditation from Buddhists than in the presence of a 'GURU' I think.
Old 28-03-2017, 06:22 AM
Knower

Thanks

Thanks friend for your suggestions and experience regarding guru.i really appreciate your guidance
Old 29-03-2017, 10:57 PM
Master
Fish It's up to you and what you want.

Quote:

My meditation never bore fruit until I was touched by the energy of a master who awakened my Kundalini in the centre of my spine. After that meditation became practically effortless, more and more as Kundalini rose.

There are many who are prejudiced against gurus not knowing anything about them or what the process is all about.

Even the Christians who worship Christ do not realize that this is using the power of a Guru (a very special kind of Guru). There is a science behind it that has been lost in the Western world.

I first started to learn about meditation from books - but most of these are written by unenlightened people who don't know what they are talking about. There is nothing like meeting someone who has what you want and hanging around them long enough to get it.

And a true master can come to you in a dream or in meditation as well to guide you.

In life we need all kinds of guides. Depending on what you are meditating for, what is your goal, the right teacher can help you. But for enlightenment you need the transference of power from an enlightened teacher (unless you came into this world as a highly evolved being and only need to remember - even then a true Guru plays an important role).

Trust your own heart not other people's prejudice.
Trust your own intelligence, not other people's ignorance.
The Guru within you will know what you need.
When your heart is open and your mind is open your intuition will change into wisdom.

When the student is ready the right teacher for that person in that moment will appear. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you.
Old 16-04-2017, 10:14 PM
Newbie ;)

All another can do is be a guide. As one might have hiked their way to a state, you can as well.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Newbie ;)

I will go on record by saying I have a teacher (guru). I have heard people doing similar things as to what I was shown, but with very different results. I got very specific and powerful results by following directions.

That's my story, yours may be different. Go where your heart leads you.