Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 03-03-2012, 11:53 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleWalker
OutWest--

That is really a mind-blower. Hard to comprehend. And certainly not what my impression of the "purpose" of NDEs--where you chose to return because you realize it's not yet time. Most people are relieved by the knowledge. Of course the coming back is always a shock.

I don't think it is always the experiencer's choice. Sometimes they do get sent back and when that happens invariably that person wants to stay where it is so good.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simontology
I was seven years old an in Germany and I was invited in to a swimming pool I remember in a water park and it was very deep and I couldn't swim, I was told to hang on to the persons back so I wouldn't sink.

I let go by accident and I went under. I felt no struggle for breath and no need to get back up to the surface, instead I saw my body from outside of it floating down beneath me, I could still think, infact my thoughts I think I remember were "What is that?"

The next thing I remember is that I was at the surface, my mothers friend saved me.
I remember the water beneath the surface clearly as if I would had I seen it with my living eyes.

This was different though, from a dream because I didn't feel asleep or my movements restricted as if I were inside a sleeping body.

You experienced a separation of your "Etheric Double" , which is a higher vibrational ...... well. ..... your Spirit so too speak, though it does not need form. It holds that form for a time as it is connected to the life of the physical body~

It can also be experienced as a "Vision state" in which you think you are awake ..... and you are ..... it is just that your physical body then rests ~

You can learn more by exploring this and increasing your minds acceptance of this......

"Dreams, Visions, and Memories by Carl Jung"

"You Are The Answer by Micheal Tamura"

"Initiation by Elisabeth Haich"

Nicola Tesla had an experience of that nature while underwater at a young age...... I think it is in his Autobiography.

The Edgar Cayce readings contain information on this as well as do most enlightened individuals~

Old 01-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Master
Outwest, I'm sorry about your Aunt. My mom would relate with your Aunt easily. She's always telling me that we are living in a world of illusions. The real place is when we go "home."

When I was around 6 or 7, I almost drowned. I experienced something similiar to you Simontology. My Uncle was teaching me how to swim in a public pool and he told me to jump to him but he kept walking farther and farther away from me. When I finally jumped, he didn't catch me. I swallowed tons of water and the next thing I know, I'm out of my body and I can see all around me, people swimming under the water, my own body, and people talking above the water. I saw my Uncle laugh at my clumsiness and I saw a man pull me out out of the water. I really didn't understand what was happening but being out of the body felt really natural. When I got back in my body, I was hacking out water and it felt awful.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:29 PM
amy green

Color

I almost drowned and, after giving up the struggle, found it to be a relaxing way "to go".....surviving this transformed me.

In my 20's, floating in The Mediterranean - with no knowledge of undercurrents. The irony being I had faked drowning, to my sister (who has life saving skills) a little while before this. The floating experience turned into terror when I could no longer feel the ocean floor (am a poor swimmer). I tried to swim but felt weak or the sea felt very heavy around my body (probably both).

I tried to indicate my predicament to my sister but she dismissed me as a "not falling for that one again". I couldn't convince her so, now too weak to struggle, I gave up and thought that this was how I was going to die.

Once I ceased struggling, I lay back (much like you do in a bath). The sound of the ocean filled my ears - human sounds were faint and far away. My life DID "flash" over my mind (not so much a visual thing), kind of a reappraisal of what I had/hadn't achieved. I remember then feeling relaxed, going with the surreal ocean sound/sensation.

Then, just like in the movies (?!) my sister arrived, angry/cursing, but getting me into the right position to haul me back to shore. The useless lifeguard appeared on the scene when I had almost reached the shore!!

It was a real "wake up call" - made me reappraise my life, i.e. what I wanted from it. I then realised the usual trappings didn't appeal at all, i.e. marriage, house, kids - I knew I was destined to go down "the road less travelled".
Old 04-04-2012, 02:49 PM
dmhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
Outwest, I'm sorry about your Aunt. My mom would relate with your Aunt easily. She's always telling me that we are living in a world of illusions. The real place is when we go "home."

When I was around 6 or 7, I almost drowned. I experienced something similiar to you Simontology. My Uncle was teaching me how to swim in a public pool and he told me to jump to him but he kept walking farther and farther away from me. When I finally jumped, he didn't catch me. I swallowed tons of water and the next thing I know, I'm out of my body and I can see all around me, people swimming under the water, my own body, and people talking above the water. I saw my Uncle laugh at my clumsiness and I saw a man pull me out out of the water. I really didn't understand what was happening but being out of the body felt really natural. When I got back in my body, I was hacking out water and it felt awful.

Sounds like your Uncle needs a special ...wake up ceremony. Like, you could all stand around a toilet and stick his head in it and cheer as you flush the toilet, maybe even put a party hat on him. Yaaaaay, you're drowning, HAHA thats soooo funny... :/ Seriously, thats really disturbing. I'm so glad you survived you Uncle's ignorance and stupidity. Berry for the win!!
Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Master
Thanks Dmhorn, and lol. My Uncle was very young and mischievous and he's never had children and was impatient. He was probably fustrated with me as I wasn't following his commands. I held a grudge against him for a few years but I've learned to let it go. He was not a bad guy, just misguided. He went to the other side of the veil last summer.

Amy Green, you had quite an experience! *buggy eyes*
Old 04-04-2012, 06:16 PM
merrie

I had the same experience of drowning. When I let go struggling in the water and accepted that it was the end for me, I relaxed and saw my life (so far) in a series of flash backs. I felt sad because I would not see my earthly family again. But I popped up out of the water with my hands at my side, chocking and spitting out water.

Merrie
Old 04-04-2012, 06:26 PM
merrie

I had the same experience of drowning. When I let go,no longer struggling, thinking this is the end, I saw my life in flash back (like a movie reel). I relaxed and felt sad I would no loner see my earthly family. I proceeded to rise to the top of the water with my arms relaxed at my side.

Merrie