Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 13-02-2017, 03:50 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Norman
Hatred will always find a vehicle for its expression, people hated Jesus for his teaching and crucified him.

Old 13-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
Richard has posted several comments recently and has said he's currently struggling with specific fears at this time. That's where that came from I assume.
Old 13-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

I see, thanks Baile.
Old 13-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
From Michael Newton's "Journey of Souls" book:
Dr. N: Perhaps you could give me some idea of what they [other worlds] are like?

S: Oh, some are ... analytical schools. Others are basically mental worlds ... subtle
places

Dr. N: What do you think of the Earth school by comparison?

S: The Earth school is insecure, still. It is filled with resentment of many people over
being led and antagonism of the leaders toward each other. There is so much fear to
overcome here. It is a world in conflict because there is too much diversity among
too many people. Other worlds have low populations with more harmony. Earth's
population has outpaced its mental development.

I like this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
Yes. Despite popular belief in new age attitudes, life on planet Earth is not a school for advancing through undignified suffering. This is simply humanities way of negating responsibility for the causes of such suffering, and not fully understanding the deeper trauma caused and its impact on the consciousness of the individual or life form. It is like saying it is beneficial for whales to be hunted and slaughtered to extinction in Earths oceans, because it will aid in the mammals heart wisdom.

We are all fortunate to have the free will and choice to subscribe to those views that resonate most deeply with, and within, us.

Some choose Christianity, others Buddhism, others like Abraham Hicks, other Scientology, others voices in their head.

I always found it useful to remember that the standard is how much (genuine) peace and happiness these views help you to live your life. There are people in this world who have joined Death Cults and willingly commit suicide because of their "beliefs".

Beliefs are incredibly strong magnets, and it is why picking and choosing what to utilize, is so essential.

When you open and close your fist, there is no belief required. A shower, a bath, a drink of refreshing water, the enjoyment of seeing birds sing, squirrels jump.

As humans, we all hold beliefs to some degree or other but the strength of that which is held is important, and the recognition perhaps that the world holds wide ranging, fundamentally different beliefs across its spectrum.

Therefore, the question for me was always, what transcends all beliefs yet is forever true?

Rather than pick up beliefs that are merely theories for an author, is it not much more meaningful to explore Truth which is not reliant on word or belief - even your own?

YMMV
Old 13-02-2017, 05:03 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars
I like this quote:

We are all fortunate to have the free will and choice to subscribe to those views that resonate most deeply with, and within, us.
Rather than pick up beliefs that are merely theories for an author, is it not much more meaningful to explore Truth which is not reliant on word or belief - even your own?

YMMV
Obviously, if I quote an author I agree with what I understand from that quote.

You're assuming, wrongly, that I "pick up beliefs that are merely theories for an author", without using my intellect. You are wrong, and I don't appreciate your dismissive tone.

Keep your posts polite, even if you feel (right or wrong) more knowledgeable than others!

Express your opinion about the idea in discussion, not about the person who posts!
Old 13-02-2017, 05:31 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
Obviously, if I quote an author I agree with what I understand from that quote.

You're assuming, wrongly, that I "pick up beliefs that are merely theories for an author", without using my intellect. You are wrong, and I don't appreciate your dismissive tone.

Keep your posts polite, even if you feel (right or wrong) more knowledgeable than others!

baro-san,

I was polite. It is you who have reacted with anger and indignation at what you construed to be a personal insult against you.

I also understand that you quoted what you essentially believe.

Suffice it to say I do not subscribe to the original post and I see it as unnecessarily pessimistic, essentially a belief-hypothesis of which many variations can be made with some apparent logic - but a valid opinion nevertheless.

People will die for beliefs (of many variations: religion, politics, how people should behave) that's how strongly they can be held in the human mind and why the path that transcends this mish-mash of human beliefs is most effective.

shiningstars
Old 13-02-2017, 11:32 PM
Master

I'm missing the point of this post I think... isn't it just a quote from a book where Newton converses allegedly with a Spirit and gives an interpretation of what is conveyed?

What I find more fascinating are the responses on this thread. Personally I disagree with the interpretation of the message. I have read the book or skimmed it. One must recall that Spirits have different perspectives and generally the ones that come through are from lower dimensions.