Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-04-2016, 12:22 AM
Seeker

Water Fasting

Hello everyone, as the title suggests I am inquiring about water fasting.
First, has anyone done it and care to share their personal experiences? Also, would I be able to drink green tea during a fast?
Any insight is appreciated, thank you! :)
Old 13-04-2016, 12:49 AM
Master
I haven't done this as a consistent practice, but the last few days been watching a few videos on this and interested myself.

I Personally like the one that includes miso clear soup/tea and water that you do for three days. It apparently can regulate the body during this time without heavy foods back to balance. So I am contemplating this one for myself.

I was watching a ted talk yesterday about complete fasting at one or two day intervals between normal intake.

The guy sharing looked a little gaunt for my liking, so I am not sure what calorie intake he is on besides this on his off days.

Like all things I choose balance and listening to my own body to know its needs.

If you cant do this, best to get some professional support in doing these things

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 13-04-2016, 01:16 AM
Master
Yes, i've done this a few years back in 2010 after reading about fasting and healing the body. Only drinking water. The longest i've done it was for five days. Three days was the norm for me. Your body feels cleansed afterwards. One important thing to remember is that the first few meals after fasting should be very light. Your body hasn't had food in a while so its very sensitive after a fast. Good luck.
Old 13-04-2016, 01:20 AM
Raven Poet

I've found this interesting to read as well. I have the sense that I am working my way toward a fast! Don't want to take giving up food too soon! Although I know it will mean getting to cleanse and rejuvenate. Thanks.
Old 13-04-2016, 02:09 AM
Gracey

I have done it once. I water fasted for three days. I got dizzy and my senses were heightened. I was weak too. I can't remember...but there is something about your cells being something on the 4th day.
Old 13-04-2016, 02:28 AM
Suspended

I don't know what water fasting is. I assume it is only drinking water of some sorts for a period of time. I don't believe in suffering although I have suffered; I don't believe in self-imposed suffering and I don't believe in hurting yourself just to see God. So, I would not recommend it.

Things to keep in mind:

1) we are all going to die, no one is immortal.

2) because we are all going to die one day there is no sense in prolonging our life; I really have no desire to be a senile old man in diapers. I would much rather die around the age of fifty; I am a man of my words, I smoke cigarettes profusely daily, drink three times a week, eat good unhealthy food, and if I maintain a good appearance it is not to prolong my life but just to look presentable to others and generally enjoy life. (I can post pics to show you I am not obese)

3) because we are all going to die one day, we are all guaranteed to have a spiritual experience at the end of life. There is no reason to have one before that time.

I hope this helps
Old 13-04-2016, 05:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by (im)perfectdream1794
Hello everyone, as the title suggests I am inquiring about water fasting.
First, has anyone done it and care to share their personal experiences? Also, would I be able to drink green tea during a fast?
Any insight is appreciated, thank you! :)

The Buddha's spiritual awakening is related to fasting but from the reverse, it was only after he stopped fasting that he became awakened.

I think eating and drinking in moderation is the way to stay mentally and physically healthy.
Old 13-04-2016, 06:14 AM
Lorelyen

If you mean "don't drink water" it's dangerous. Ketosis sets in and while the effect may in itself be only slight today you're helping to ruin your kidneys for the years to come. You'll start going dizzy. Your kidneys can't remove the toxins from your body without plenty of water.

Don't drive under those conditions (obviously, but some need reminding).

Remember that your kidneys start to deteriorate approximately 1% per year once you reach something like 21 or 22.

Old 13-04-2016, 07:11 AM
Master
If you mean do without water, no. And I can't imagine that is of any benefit. If you mean do without food and only drink water, yes. I have gone on extensive fasts several times, as long as 21 days (maple/lemon cleanse). Water is quite amazing, after the body adjusts to no food, drinking water rejuvenates and fills you up the way eating food does. You get the sense of water as the real life source of creation when you go on an extended fast.

Last edited by Baile : 13-04-2016 at 08:27 AM.
Old 20-04-2016, 12:12 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme1981
I don't know what water fasting is. I assume it is only drinking water of some sorts for a period of time. I don't believe in suffering although I have suffered; I don't believe in self-imposed suffering and I don't believe in hurting yourself just to see God. So, I would not recommend it.

Things to keep in mind:

1) we are all going to die, no one is immortal.

2) because we are all going to die one day there is no sense in prolonging our life; I really have no desire to be a senile old man in diapers. I would much rather die around the age of fifty; I am a man of my words, I smoke cigarettes profusely daily, drink three times a week, eat good unhealthy food, and if I maintain a good appearance it is not to prolong my life but just to look presentable to others and generally enjoy life. (I can post pics to show you I am not obese)

3) because we are all going to die one day, we are all guaranteed to have a spiritual experience at the end of life. There is no reason to have one before that time.

I hope this helps

So you like food as much as I do eh? Lol!

I get mean as(edit) when I don't eat no din din