Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-07-2011, 02:29 PM
3dnow

Hi folks,

OK. Each one of us does what it feels right. I know that.

I will however respond to this "taking responsibility" part. In my book being responsible doesn't mean the same thing it did 2 days ago. Being responsible means not accusing others for what happened to me. It is not their fault and not mine. And if I did something wrong, I am sorry for what happened but it is no one's fault. Notice that unconsciously we think -> if he is not blaming himself he is not sorry. This is false.

Quoting Shabda:

"Seemingly random events occur in life, but then the individual choose how to react to..."

My response is your choices are also the result of previous events.

MY QUESTION TO ALL OF YOU:

What about this "You are not your mind" thing? It was just a balloon?

I also want you to watch the reactions of your Solar Chakra each time you judge yourself. Then you will stop self-judgment when you see the suffering. Self-judgment is not at all what we think.

Thanks,

3dnow
Old 21-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Natalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Years ago I mentally put all my guilt into a suitcase and dropped it off in an alley. I visualized this.
That and attempts to make things right seemed to work quite well. As well as can be expected anyways.

Oh wow James! This is exactly how i explained it to my counselor when she asked me what i wanted to do with all my 'emotional ****, guilt, shames, hurts, you name it' I told her i was going to pack it all in a suitcase, put it on a plane that can fly out to the universe...let em deal with it. However just tonight i got to writing in my journal and mentioned the suitcase again.
A little different to what you do with your suitcase but same idea.
Old 21-07-2011, 02:38 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks
Oh wow James! This is exactly how i explained it to my counselor when she asked me what i wanted to do with all my 'emotional ****, guilt, shames, hurts, you name it' I told her i was going to pack it all in a suitcase, put it on a plane that can fly out to the universe...let em deal with it. However just tonight i got to writing in my journal and mentioned the suitcase again.

Haha, better, just accept you are not your mind you don't need a suitcase.

3dnow
Old 21-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks

Cool!
Believe it or not, I learned it from Al Pacino, years ago in the movie (can't remember which). He played the devil.
We get insight from strange places...eh!
Old 21-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Hi folks,

OK. Each one of us does what it feels right. I know that.

I will however respond to this "taking responsibility" part. In my book being responsible doesn't mean the same thing it did 2 days ago. Being responsible means not accusing others for what happened to me. It is not their fault and not mine. And if I did something wrong, I am sorry for what happened but it is no one's fault. Notice that unconsciously we think -> if he is not blaming himself he is not sorry. This is false.

Quoting Shabda:

"Seemingly random events occur in life, but then the individual choose how to react to..."

My response is your choices are also the result of previous events.

MY QUESTION TO ALL OF YOU:

What about this "You are not your mind" thing? It was just a balloon?

I also want you to watch the reactions of your Solar Chakra each time you judge yourself. Then you will stop self-judgment when you see the suffering. Self-judgment is not at all what we think.

Thanks,

3dnow

All i can is this is something personal for you that you seem to be going thru so I leave you to it.
My best to you.....James
Old 21-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Cool!
Believe it or not, I learned it from Al Pacino, years ago in the movie (can't remember which). He played the devil.
We get insight from strange places...eh!

Devil's Advocate

Milton: "I want you to be yourself. Y'know, boy, guilt is like a bag of f**king bricks. All you gotta do is set it down.....Who are you carrying all those bricks for anyway? God? Is that it? God? Well, I'll tell ya, lemme give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts! He gives this extraordinary gift and then--what does he do? I swear--for his own amusement--his own private cosmic gag reel--he sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time! Look. But don't touch! Touch. But don't taste! Taste. Don't swallow! [laughs] And while you're jumping from one foot to the next, he's laughing his sick f**king *** off!! He's a tight ***, he's a sadist, he's an absentee landlord!! Worship that? Never!"
3dnow

Quote:
All i can is this is something personal for you that you seem to be going thru so I leave you to it.
My best to you.....James

Thanks for helps dude, good luck to you too.

3dnow
Ascender

It's okay to feel guilty about doing something wrong and I think that recognizing you're at fault helps in the process of healing and self-forgiveness. Don't try to avoid the issue; acknowledge it and move on.
Old 21-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
Devil's Advocate

Milton: "I want you to be yourself. Y'know, boy, guilt is like a bag of f**king bricks. All you gotta do is set it down.....Who are you carrying all those bricks for anyway? God? Is that it? God? Well, I'll tell ya, lemme give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts! He gives this extraordinary gift and then--what does he do? I swear--for his own amusement--his own private cosmic gag reel--he sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time! Look. But don't touch! Touch. But don't taste! Taste. Don't swallow! [laughs] And while you're jumping from one foot to the next, he's laughing his sick f**king *** off!! He's a tight ***, he's a sadist, he's an absentee landlord!! Worship that? Never!"

That's it!....Thanks!

When I heard that years ago, it might as well have been The Buddha saying it............lol
It changed my life.............
Old 21-07-2011, 02:48 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
Devil's Advocate

Well he is right. To bad devil's saying that.

Self-judgment is viewed as heroic in this world.

3dnow