Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 17-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Administrator
Please can we keep this topic polite.

Namaste
Old 18-04-2018, 05:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by magdna
"Fortune tellers, Psychics, UFO buffs, and New Age Shamans are no threat to my people, and I have to only laugh at them. "Cultural Appropriation" is just a gimmick NAFPS use to justify their bullying and name calling. I say buyer beware, when it comes to those Vision Quests, AND NAFPS."

I think cultural appropriation does bother you. That's fair. After being stripped of Native Spirituality and sent to schools that insisted on assimilation.. after the genocide of most of The Peoples... after being stripped of the right to be called human... after the land was ripped away and then raped and mutilated... it is understandable that there is anger and even hatred towards those who now consider it cool to act like a Native.

The Native People's are only one of many indigenous peoples that suffered this fate. In fact, all indigenous peoples were systematical eliminated all over the world when the holy roman church decided to kill off all the God's and become priest kings... God's on earth. All the God's. Much like the priest kings of Egypt they stripped all Sacredness from all Peoples... invented a non-effective boogey man god that only they could speak with... and that holds to this day.

Genocide of any and all who held any connection with Spirit.

Here is the problem. The Children of humanity are empty. Many are searching for Spirit. Truly searching. And, like the priest king/god's, there are many individuals and groups who have no problem selling them more emptiness in the name of The Sacred.

So, some appropriation is from the desperate need to re-connect with Spirit. Most is from the insatiable lust for power and money.

'New Age' ushered in a way to take that power and make that money.

False prophets, empty Ceremonies and Rituals, energy vortexes and giant crystals... all for sale.

Because Sacredness was stripped or hidden from the world, the world became indoctrinated into a false reality as an absolute... the Children can no longer See what is True, what is false. But, they can sense that Sacredness exists.

Why should you care? Because if you don't, the oppressed becomes the oppressor. All that sacrifice. All those lives lost. All the suffering. All for nothing. And Sacredness truly does die. Only dust will remain. Humanity will cease to be, all of us. Not just them. Or those. All.

"Fortune tellers, Psychics, UFO buffs, and New Age Shamans are no threat to my people, and I have to only laugh at them."

There is still a great battle raging for this earth... This Mother. Humanity. Sacredness. Which Warrior would you be? A Dog Soldier or a camp dog? Like it or not, we are all in this together. The time for revenge and ego are no more.

I'm just saying.

All Sacredness is free. When it ceases to be free, it ceases to be Sacredness.

If you can teach the Children... teach them. Strip the Ceremonies from the false prophets. Throw them back to the filth they climbed out of. Become more. Become better.

But these are just my opinions.
Although this is a difficult subject matter to bring up - thank you for that truthful and honest – well thought answer that just about covered the whole situation.
Old 18-04-2018, 06:48 AM
Pathfinder
Little Creek -- You make the assumption that I am 'white'. That is probably where the problem originated. I have not only attended Ceremony's, I have participated. Many times. I can track my blood line to Comanche and Cheyenne Arapaho. I have a Son who is a Sun Dancer. There has been a steady stream of Native Peoples from many tribes in and out of my home over the years. I am blessed to have had communion with many different cultures over many issues.

But, Native spirit is right. I should not have been so easily led. I will continue to speak my voice and I will allow you yours. As it should be.

Sentient

"What is needed is spiritual revolution in Euro Australian consciousness. We cannot merely tack an Aboriginal spirituality to our own overly-rational consciousness, but must change our consciousness from within by burrowing down into our feared and previously walled-in unconscious in order to find, or create, an answering image to Aboriginal spirituality.
The direction we need to take is downward, into our own depths, to see what could be happening there, rather than to remain the same and move sideways appropriating another culture's dreaming.
Jung wrote that "People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls". It is far easier, he said, to take on spirituality of a foreign culture, to wrap our nakedness in the wondrous trappings of an exotic cosmology, than it is to face the apparent poverty of our own souls and begin a real dialogue with the unconscious inner life of which we are at present oblivious."

That is a very good quote. Very wise words. Thanks for posting them.

Now is the time to Stand up and be Counted for we are being watched by the Spirit World -- Joanna Shenandoah
Old 18-04-2018, 07:07 AM
Pathfinder
I'm sorry. I don't know why that posted twice.

Now is the time to Stand up and be Counted for we are being watched by the Spirit World -- Joanna Shenandoah
Old 18-04-2018, 03:45 PM
Knower
The biggest threat to the 1st Nations are the bullies. Those who tell us what we should do, and what stories and ceremonies are authentic and which ones are not. I never seen a "New Ager" do this. They don't tell us what to do. But I am seeing this in the propaganda you posted, and I do see this way to much on the NAFPS website. The propaganda you posted is telling me what I should do, and provokes fear, and what I should fear.
Old 19-04-2018, 01:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Creek77
The biggest threat to the 1st Nations are the bullies. Those who tell us what we should do, and what stories and ceremonies are authentic and which ones are not. I never seen a "New Ager" do this. They don't tell us what to do. But I am seeing this in the propaganda you posted, and I do see this way to much on the NAFPS website. The propaganda you posted is telling me what I should do, and provokes fear, and what I should fear.
Thank you Little Creek77 for being here - on this thread - to give voice to that other concern, the bullies. This subject matter makes me soooo uncomfortable – feeling all sick and twisted like a worm in a hook, so I hope this problem can be untangled.

What magdna wrote – I so get it, that is the same or similar Indigenous story and the depth of pain all over the world (what I can gather) and something ‘us whities’ imo. should be mindful of in ‘our attitude of entitlement’ to be informed about Aboriginal cultures/spirituality (of which attitude ‘we’ then of course also expect praise and a medal from the Aboriginals).

I don’t know Sedona from a bar of soap nor anything about the ‘New Age Three Ring Circus’ allegedly happening there, but I do read the NDN jokes: “A REAL Shaman is somebody, who has had at least 2 books published in Sedona” (or something like that). High 5s all round and lots of lols.
This becomes very hurtful over time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_shaman
Quote:
The term "plastic shaman" originated among Native American and First Nations activists and is most often applied to people fraudulently posing as Native American traditional healers
So popular has that buzz-word become, that I feel like saying – hang on a minute, don’t you realize that by word-association you are creating stereotypes and putting down real Indigenous peoples who have suffered the same or similar fates – but identify themselves with ‘Shamanism’ as their/our spiritual culture.

And it doesn’t end there.
It is almost as if – when you are an Euro and a ‘whitey’ – but if you adopt the anti-cultural-appropriation-group-think-script, you too can then like become an ‘honorary injun’ by association.
And hell hath no hatred greater than an anti-cultural-appropriation-group-think-script-warrior on a fraud hunt.
If you dare to mention you come from a “Shamanic culture” – you are automatically assumed “plastic” and fair game for target practice.

The positive side of this is that when you are falsely accused, it makes you dig deeper into your own culture and history.
An example of this was the other day when I got together with an Oz-Aboriginal friend of mine, who had by an ‘anti-cultural-appropriation bully’ been accused of using their language group’s words as his own.
So my friend had gone into a ‘soul search’ looking back and back in history, when you did do trade, not only with the nearby groups (with whom you do have word commonality) but distant groups as well and how you got (well, women usually) ‘promised’ to those distant trading partners. Besides, when people from far and wide were herded into the same Missions and speaking Aboriginal language became ‘black crime’ – well, people most likely still talked in lingo with each other in secrecy, but now some language group words got mixed up.

I don’t know how or even if this relates to Amerind situation, but my friend painting a picture of the trade gave me content and put into context our trading partners from Far East Siberia as well - these people:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ymyyakhtakh_culture

So yes-yes-yes, we have word commonality as well and a genetic legacy (they have got our female line(s) and we have got a couple of theirs, I am 3% Chukchi-Koryak) plus the cultural influence we have hanged and hanged onto by the skin of our teeth.
Of course this doesn’t give me the right to appropriate their culture or play-act their identity, but of that cultural exchange/influence I am proud of (plus I do have more recent ancestry from around there).

But why oh why are Indigenous ‘brothers’ now attacking each other like this and how does this help to preserve the spiritual culture?

Last edited by sentient : 19-04-2018 at 03:35 AM.
Old 19-04-2018, 04:15 PM
Knower
This kind of Native Fraud style bullying is Insidious. It is a clear and present danger to the Native People, more than any New Age "Shaman" could ever be. I seen authentic stories called "Fake" by these bullies. Thus this is erroading Traditional Native Culture even more.
Old 21-04-2018, 03:46 AM
Pathfinder
"But why oh why are Indigenous ‘brothers’ now attacking each other like this and how does this help to preserve the spiritual culture?"

They are not sentient.

Old 21-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Knower
Bullying does not preserve anything. NAFPS is about bullying Not preserving any kind of spiritual culture. NAFPS has nothing to with anything Native. Native "Spiritual Culture" always comes from the Heart The content in NAFPS is a direct threat to the heart. We must ignore this kind of bullying and hate.

Last edited by Little Creek77 : 21-04-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 25-04-2018, 04:51 AM
Newbie ;)

One cannot gather the insight of judgement with the retrospective melancholy of watching YouTube videos. Native American Spirituality and the concept of ceremonies for those who seek healing and teaching will always be available. Those whom follow their hearts will never go wrong. Those who will tend to follow Their minds will always remain in question .