Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 13-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Master
Question Famous Past Lives?

Honza, I didn't want to hijack your thread & make it just about famous past lives, but I was trying to figure out why there are so many people who claim certain famous past lives. I'm not saying that you WEREN'T Billy the Kid....but I'm certain there are other people out there who are saying the same thing.

Here, I found an article about claiming famous past lives....the person who wrote it claims to have been William Shakespear:
http://home.earthlink.net/~shakespea...will/id19.html

I'd be interested in reading other people's thoughts on this subject.

JOY is the evidence of internal growth ~ Marie Montessori
Old 14-10-2006, 03:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
Honza, I didn't want to hijack your thread & make it just about famous past lives, but I was trying to figure out why there are so many people who claim certain famous past lives. I'm not saying that you WEREN'T Billy the Kid....but I'm certain there are other people out there who are saying the same thing.

Here, I found an article about claiming famous past lives....the person who wrote it claims to have been William Shakespear:
http://home.earthlink.net/~shakespea...will/id19.html

I'd be interested in reading other people's thoughts on this subject.

I am sure too that other people feel/claim to have been 'Billy the Kid' in their past life, which does actually make me sceptical that I was him.
I think its more likely that I associate with him in this life and therefore I 'feel' I was him in the past. How can I tell?
The question was to ask who does one think/feel they were in the past regardless of whether its likely or credible or not. Mind you 'Billy The Kid' is the only famous past life I feel I've had; before him and the German soldier I was numerous 'peasant' type people in central Europe. A sort of freedom loving 'country boy', lol.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-10-2006, 04:54 AM
rose

i have always identified with elizabeth I and the tudor period of england and sometimes wonder if i knew her. don't think i was her though. hope not. what a life!

but i have found out recently that i was living in scotland around the time of her birth. i was never a fan of mary queen of scots and strangely have always taken liz's side. even though i was bought up catholic! in today's lifetime! so i believe in that life i was sympathetic to protestant reform.

good lesson for me to learn about pointless prejudice between religious denominations :)
Old 14-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Pounamu

My understanding on this question is that as a human on the physical, we have quite a large collection of souls who are interested in observing and taking some part in mentoring us and experiencing through us. Some of these souls will change from time to time. There is our "immediate" soul (the I AM Presence), but above that are at least two groups of higher-level souls who are also connected (Oversoul and Source).

Some one or two of these souls may also have mentored the famous people whom we think we "were"; or we may have a connection through our ancient ancestral connections with these famous people, and as humankind is holographically intertwined, have some transferrance of some memories of these famous personages, or feeling of having been connected.

Pounamu
Old 16-10-2006, 07:25 AM
rose

thankyou pounamu great post.

i have always had a strange, irrational fear of being famous. for as long as i can remember. even "small town" fame. i have always felt uncomfortable being in a job or town where i get known as the "girl who works there" etc. i have always felt the need to be honest about who i really am. going so far as to put myself down to people when i meet them so they don't put me on an unfair pedestal which i will no doubt fall off. luckily i have grown out of this self-harm and overcome the fear of people being disappointed in me. but i i can't imagine why people would follow fame. if i see a tv camera i run.

this irrational fear and odd empathy with celebrities who bemoan the fact that they have no privacy (no one else i know has any sympathy for them...i don't have sympathy as such....they have put themselves up for that lesson....but i do sort of empathise and understand) is odd to me. but makes me wonder if i had a bad experience with fame in a past life.

most likely. who doesn't have bad experiences when they find fame? and of all the millions of people through history that experienced fame, i'm sure many of us have experienced this lesson as part of our soul's progression.

Last edited by rose : 16-10-2006 at 07:32 AM.
Old 17-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Whisperer

Scientists have proven that genes can carry memories (I need to find a link to back that up), which is why you might fancy your tea made the same as say your Great Grandfather did.

If you work that through (and this is only my point of view on it), these famous people have many descendants and therefore many people carrying their genes so technically thousands of people could carry the memories of Henry VIII or another suitably famous person.
Old 17-10-2006, 08:47 PM
rose

hi whisperer

that's a fair point. and thankyou for adding a scientific side to these queries.

in my case though....there would be no way (i know never say never but) i could be related to nobility.

i am from remote scottish and irish peasant stock. unless henry viii went for a horse ride in the scottish braes and glens one day and felt a bit randy ...and there happened to be my hardened, rough speaking, hard working great great great great great great great great grandmother washing clothes with 4 children on her hips and 5 more at her ankles...giving him the eye.... ;)
Old 17-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Whisperer

Roflol, what an image that paints!

When we go back in history, the blood and genetics we have in us come from hundreds of different places. Everyone in the world is related to some degree, if you go back to the "beginning" then you could say we are all related to each other and every living thing on the planet... that is of course until the aliens came in and introduced ET DNA to the world
Old 17-10-2006, 11:28 PM
Lapis

Oh rose that was hysterical, and probably just as it was! I could so clearly see what you'd described......too funny.

As usual Pounamu, short and to the point. I do so enjoy reading your short but packed postes! This next one's for you.

In that Asian past life I mentioned on another thread, my Master Teacher told me one afternoon after many years of living with him in his Temple Gardens, that, and I quote - "One day I'm going to go live for awhile in the right big toe of the Buddha...."

I have no doubt that that's exactly what he did when he was finished Teaching.
Old 19-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Dariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounamu
My understanding on this question is that as a human on the physical, we have quite a large collection of souls who are interested in observing and taking some part in mentoring us and experiencing through us. Some of these souls will change from time to time. There is our "immediate" soul (the I AM Presence), but above that are at least two groups of higher-level souls who are also connected (Oversoul and Source).

Some one or two of these souls may also have mentored the famous people whom we think we "were"; or we may have a connection through our ancient ancestral connections with these famous people, and as humankind is holographically intertwined, have some transferrance of some memories of these famous personages, or feeling of having been connected.

Pounamu

Good point Pounamu. I haven't thought about this subject before but even logically thinking it is correct that if one of the incarnated extensions of the higher self has been some famous in the past, the rest can feel it like "I did it" and even if there is soulmates incarnated from the same soul at the same time (which there are), they all can feel the same. Or one can be contacted to some group consciousness maybe and get the feeling from there through achasic records, I think it is possible as well as we are all One.

However there are also many beings around which are just happy to give false information to those not careful. So there are always many possibilities.

Then one point which is not so much talked about. Here are many incarnated st****eds on planet earth at the moment, which have had past lives here but not necessarily many. Those beings have received an energy package of experiences of living here on Earth which are not exactly their own past lives but kind of "copy lives" of others. The meaning is only to give the person some understanding and experiences how to manage here on Earth in low density energies and life. These copy lives has traumas and feelings which need to cleansed in a same manner than really lived lives but the difference is that these do not give any karma as it has not been the person living those lives self. Clairvoyants see these lives in the energyfield but those are somehow not so strong that the lives really lived. I do not know from experience how to observe the difference but I have been told that I have many of these kind of copy lives on Earth which are not mine.

Lots of love
Dari El
Closed Thread