Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 28-07-2017, 11:23 PM
Seeker

Member of Ojibwe tribe, Anishinaabe

Boozhoo! I'm a new member to SF who's enrolled in the Lac Courtes Oreilles Band of Lake Superior Ojibwe and I'm knowledgeable on native healing techniques and my own tribe's culture. I am happy to answer any questions if any are interested. I should let you all know that we don't have shamans or a concept of shamanism. We are simply medicine people and most of shamanism is just incorporating our ways under an umbrella term for all. It's good info to know if you are interested in either shamanism or native medicine because there is a big difference. :) Blessed be all!
Old 29-07-2017, 05:14 AM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Oki and welcome to the SF.
I hope you find the forums interesting, it's a nice place.
I'm Canadian First Nations so nice to meet another NDN here, there are a few of us kicking about o the forum and in the chat room. Look forwards to reading your posts and getting to know you.

Makoiyi

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 29-07-2017, 07:32 AM
Seeker

miigwech! (thank you) I am seeing all positive things and many topics I'm interested in. :)
Old 31-07-2017, 02:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Hello, Mikaela :) Hello, Makoiyi :)

I'm delighted to find this thread amongst other treasures.

Although I'm a fifth generation white Australian person of Anglo descent, I just don't relate to that ancestry a soul level... Nor did I relate to any other, until I became better acquainted with North American Indigenous spirituality...

I respect indigenous Australian culture, very much, and wish that all australians would live ore in accord with the Australian aborigines' way of being, but sadly it is still a precious and rare treat to come into close contact with first nations australians willing or able to share. It is sad, but I truly do understand the reluctance re sharing of culture with people born from those who would destroy one's own...

I thank you from my heart for your generosity and willingness to share your knowledge with us. :)

i just wanted to introduce myself in this post, but i look forward to sharing in the future.

Many blessings to you both
Old 01-08-2017, 01:18 AM
Deactivated Account

Welcome aboard, I originally am from Michigan and I use to frequent the Lake Superior areas ( very familiar with the areas) although I am not tribe affiliated. I just love/cherish the lands of the Mid West including the Northern Peninsulas

Makoiyi and I are chat regulars, definitely stop in and say hi.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnie
Hello, Mikaela :) Hello, Makoiyi :)

I'm delighted to find this thread amongst other treasures.

Although I'm a fifth generation white Australian person of Anglo descent, I just don't relate to that ancestry a soul level... Nor did I relate to any other, until I became better acquainted with North American Indigenous spirituality...

I respect indigenous Australian culture, very much, and wish that all australians would live ore in accord with the Australian aborigines' way of being, but sadly it is still a precious and rare treat to come into close contact with first nations australians willing or able to share. It is sad, but I truly do understand the reluctance re sharing of culture with people born from those who would destroy one's own...

I thank you from my heart for your generosity and willingness to share your knowledge with us. :)

i just wanted to introduce myself in this post, but i look forward to sharing in the future.

Many blessings to you both

Sure. It is hard sometimes to find those who will listen. And also those who aren't out to exploit or abuse us, etc. However, the ways are important, I feel. Especially right now. The medicine belongs to everyone. There is no word for ownership in my people's language. The Earth is everyone who lives here's home. We have to take care of her. We have to really heal ourselves from within. I don't believe any one way is the absolute, "right way" for everyone. But maybe by sharing ideas and cultures, medicine, and healing techniques for ourselves and our planet, we can help our world.

It's good to meet ya. Thanks for responding. :)
Old 02-08-2017, 11:32 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Welcome aboard, I originally am from Michigan and I use to frequent the Lake Superior areas ( very familiar with the areas) although I am not tribe affiliated. I just love/cherish the lands of the Mid West including the Northern Peninsulas

hi clover! I've been in chatting a few times. I've gotten to know Makoiyi too :)

I miss up north so much :) I was born and raised in Detroit, but when I visit I usually hang around the Port Huron area since none of my family is in the city anymore. It has been way too long since I visited my rez in Wisconsin too. I hope I can get up there to see rez family soon.

Nice to meet you, clover :)
Old 04-08-2017, 07:23 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaela Kurahla
Sure. It is hard sometimes to find those who will listen. And also those who aren't out to exploit or abuse us, etc. However, the ways are important, I feel. Especially right now. The medicine belongs to everyone. There is no word for ownership in my people's language. The Earth is everyone who lives here's home. We have to take care of her. We have to really heal ourselves from within. I don't believe any one way is the absolute, "right way" for everyone. But maybe by sharing ideas and cultures, medicine, and healing techniques for ourselves and our planet, we can help our world.

It's good to meet ya. Thanks for responding. :)
Thank you so much, Mikaela :) I feel the same way that you do ... especially right now... We really need to act as one, don't we, to stop the hurting and pave our way to a more peaceful way of being. I do feel a profound responsibility to care for this beautiful planet. That is one of the major reasons I believe the Indigenous NA Spirituality feels so right with me... Thank you. I truly do feel gratitude to meet those willing to share. ❤️ Many Blessings to you. :)
Old 04-08-2017, 07:25 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover

Thank you, Clover :)
Old 07-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Knower
I am new too...can you explain the difference more here?