Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 22-03-2011, 05:44 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladofthelight
MAN! Such differing opinion here...

I personally don't understand why people want to always "rain on someone's parade"...

If someone wants to label themselves, cool.

If not, cool.

Who is anyone to judge what is "right" and "wrong"?

Just a few thoughts...

Lad

Lad ...

I totally agree. I for one feel that the term Indigo may mean the 6th chakra is really active/open. I know it is for my daughter AND she has most of the qualifying characteristics of Indigo children. She is psychic,

she is a developing telepath....she can talk to animals (those who want to), she feels that she should be entitled to have things her way, rules are stupid and she's very intelligent, gifted and creative, and very strong

willed. Before realizing this, she had a lot of hard bumps and knocks as a young child. Now that I am a little aware of it, I've been helping her reign in some of her righteous indignations, and tendency to always rebel

against authority. She's wise beyond her 13 years in some ways and sees just how broken our current governmental system is and is leaning towards getting involved in politics so she can help change it.

But, this animosity towards someone embracing being indigo is a little troublesome. I mean, would the same venom be there if someone came here and announced that they were gay, or identified with a

particular heritage, or religion? Everyone is searching for answers, trying to figure out where they fit in or why they don't. Once you find something that clicks with you it's a Ah Ha moment and you become so happy

and elated, you want to tell everyone. I think this place should be a safe place, free of the criticism that most of us are familiar with in the outside world. That being said, labels do have their limitations and are as

changeable as clothing. It reminds me of my daughter when she was a toddler and would play dress up or pretend to be a cat and crawl around on the floor meowing. I would fuss over the pretty kitty and she would

purr with delight. She felt accepted and loved. Once she grew older, she didn't do it so much, she matured and moved on to other things and explored other aspects of herself and life. I think embracing the label

"indigo" is a necessity for some and like the kitty ears, feather boa tail that my daughter delighted in wearing EVERYWHERE, will eventually be set aside, but in good time and when it is no longer needed.

Last edited by iolite : 22-03-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 22-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Master
Quote:
What makes yours any better?
Nothing. I don't use the better label.
Quote:
I have asked you this before, Chrys, please tell me what it is like to be "right" all the time...Much love.
I never said nor implied to be right all the time. I am quite agnostic to many subjects here. But what I do know is that many New Age beliefs are not really what it is presented to be. Cold readings, Forer Effects, and selective thinking are real and happen a lot in the New Age movement but of course also religions like Christianity. I think it's worth mentioning, people need to watch out a little.

Many people share similar characteristics, even more so when they have the same interests and visit the same sites. We also shouldn't forget cultural influences. The kids of today just have a lot to say, lol. They are allowed to. We live in a liberal society which also seems to have a huge interest in psychology. We can bet on it that you won't find all these animal-loving kids in Saudi-Arabia, but you will find many in America. It's all cultural phenomena.
Old 22-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Ladofthelight

I say to you again, Chrys, that I think your perspective is a bit too narrow, but I respect your opinion.

You are quick to mention labels (Forer Effects) for "conditions" that many "New Agers" possess, whatever a "New Ager" is...

I have often wondered why you choose to get involved in threads that you so obviously disagree with.

You may have good intentions for people in wanting to perhaps elucidate them in other schools of thought, but perhaps your approach for doing it is misinterpreted as a belittling of someone's beliefs. Just a thought.

I know this isn't the first time I, or others, have said this to you, so take it as you will.

Iolite,

Thank you for sharing... why should any child be limited to the current "system" of rules and social behaviors? To me, only those who hold fear in their hearts will wish to control the behavior of someone else.
Old 22-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617zBB
I just have to write to all the people who just dont believe this, its absolutely true. It is not a "LABEL" its a real group of people. I know this to be a fact because of personal experience. I am actually an Indigo myself. All my life I felt different. I felt like I felt things more intensely, felt a lot of strange feelings, and just had different thoughts than the people around me. I always felt like this and it only intensified when I got out of high school. I went through a deep depression and had no idea why I felt so depressed. The world just did not interest me I didnt want that college, 9-5, kids, average life. I started getting into spirituality and that helped a lot. I remember one specific moment though where I was just alone with my thoughts and I was thinking about how I felt so different and I wondered if there were more people like me, and in that instant I got an answer but it didn't come from my thoughts. Its like someone speaking in my head said "Yes , there are more people like you and they have a name." I thought wow that'd be cool and didnt think much of it till lik 2 weeks later I found an article on Indigo Kids an read it. It resonated with me so much and made me understand why I am the way I am. It was great to finally understand myself better. To hear people say its just a label and all the other things they say is understandable but they have to realize that it is a very REAL phenomenon.

I appreciate that finding the article about indigo was beneficial to you at the time...and that is a positive in all of this. But now you have found what you needed....why does it matter that everyone believes you?

If you could try to understand my point of view...I also dont 'fit'...and I have my own idiosyncrasies that have led to a unique life. I could tick over 90% of the indigo boxes and say that at my core, the driving force of my passions can be related to what Ive read on indigos. But the indigo movement is a little like animal farm....apparently, the 'first wave' of indigos were meant to question metanarratives....so why must I offer up some belief to the indigo movement when it is fast becoming a metanarrative itself?

Its a metanarrative that preys on children and people with a need to fit in. I do believe that people are different and that there are traits that we share with others. I do believe that our natural traits influence the ripples we leave as we live our lives. But indigo IS a label...and to me, it is an offensive label and an offensive movement because it would try to colour all that makes me unique to me.
Old 22-03-2011, 10:24 PM
iolite

Quote:

Iolite,

Thank you for sharing... why should any child be limited to the current "system" of rules and social behaviors? To me, only those who hold fear in their hearts will wish to control the behavior of someone else.

Unfortunately, we all are by some extent. Children, more so. Plus, I WANT my child to follow proper rules of social behaviors. I want her to be polite, well mannered, law abiding and unselfish. They must abide by the rules in the classroom, rules of their school. They must abide by the rules that their parents set. Rules like: bed time so she can get up for school, rules like getting to school on time and not be tardy every day. It's that kind of thing. She will argue a point to death and to the distraction and frustration of her teachers and parents. She needs to learn to pick her battles.
Old 22-03-2011, 11:07 PM
blackfellawhitefella

if we are all 'special' doesn't that actually mean no one is 'special' ?

personally , i think the belief in 'specialness' is our first insanity.

Old 23-03-2011, 04:19 AM
tooty~frooty

Book1 Indigos always existed - Newage Hype?

I have a theory - Opinions appreciated.

I resonated with the Indigo Children Concept 2 years ago when I heard discussions about this new breed?

I do not resonate with the Author's other books though. I'd narrow down to just 1 or 2 books by the author Doreen Virtue - who's books/passages led me to the Indigo Concept.

If I dared to define Indigo Breed in my own words I think I'd use the following words in the now.. maybe my definitions will change with your opinions if they resonated with my life experiences?

Indigos are souls that are sent to earth in this period of time with life lessons surrounding the third eye chakra where they are meant to clear debt/chakras through the following...

1)Finding the environment unpleasant
2)Shedding tears over sad memories
3)Finding their self imperfect
4)Unpleasant anger inducing flash backs
5)Sometimes things seem more ugly to them than they would appear to others (the ones who are not of the Indigo or Third eye chakra frequency in this period of time)
6)Nightmares
7)Sleeplessness
8)Illness like migraines, sinusities, eyesight defects, problems tolerating news as they trigger passive fury within them?, etc
9)There is also a major Root chakra contribution here (Anger and feelings of Paralysis, rigidity, inability to free oneself from bondage)
10)There is also a major Crown chakra contribution here since most Indigos love God, an agnostic or atheist indigo is rare. Everytime this person suffers they remember God and pray for help. This takes them further close to the source.
11)High sensitivity - Nothing ever suits them - Designer clothes don't look as gorgeous as they'd like them to be - Water PH never suits their health - sunlight causes stubborn skin problems - All indigos have a problem being active in daylight - Sometimes medicines, cosmetics, ointments, therapies just won't work like they are supposed to or like they work for Non-Indigos - Their psyches are more sensitive than their bodies - They might be bad tempered but most of them have no way of releasing it on others - They all tend to focus anger towards themselves.

At the moment I can only remember these 11 points which I have experienced personally and which seem to be predominant in other Indigos.

I think, the fact or concept that says - "Indigo like temperament Always existed but is getting Noticed now" is true but time is the key here? Like, the ones born in this period of time are the ones who have been sent to specifically do something for the society.

And I feel, every soul is born in the Indigo Vibration in this period of time. All of us? So the discussion about them being around us for ages is surrounding the time factor perhaps? Indigo Vibration would be a state of existence aligned with the above mentioned 11 points plus a few more but the person here goes through this life experience for a Global/Universal cause - for mankind's betterment - while the Indigo Temperament carrying people who were Not Noticed In The Past are the ones who suffered their personal sufferings for a rather Personal Cause.

Opinions welcome. I have not read much about them although. Just a few excerpts available online from the author's books. But the things I have analysed and acknowledged were the ones that made sense and resonated to my personal life experience and I have always wanted to fight for justice or do something just for people. A constructive Indigo in this period of time is ultimately what is the requirement. Is it wrong for these constructive Indigos to take a break from sadness, suffering and celebrate group oneness once in a while. It aches to be called (proud of carrying a label) when it is actually (a sort of honour for the burdens they have been carrying for years without knowing about the actual purpose?). Sometimes pride can be healing when it has been an earned Pride? I feel if someone feels a concept is wrong they need to soften or cushion their point keeping in mind the opponent's state of existence? If someone calls them an Indigo is it not obvious that they have actually suffered all the mentioned traits under the "Indigo Label" for years and have discovered that there are people like them? Is it not a cause for Celebration? Why are we mourning here in this thread then?

I am open to compassionate opinions though. As the object of any discussion/debate is not winning an argument but learning and being able to perceive every aspect of the theme/topic. And when the aspects are presented in a bearable and compassionate format they are worth consideration? (If you can't handle the truth then you need help) is not a compassionate way of saying (I am sorry my speech is harsh or too true or too factual). But when in a society, we need to keep in mind the heart first and then the mind and finally the Ego?

Old 23-03-2011, 05:19 AM
pre-dawn

Based on when the indigo idea was raised and such children were identified they will now be in the late 20' and early 30's.
My question is "what have the indigo children achieved which other children have not?" As far as I can make out, not much. If there is something different in them why does it not manifest in the social, political, economic and science fields?
It would be helpful for someone to compile a list of indigo children who have exceeded expectations far beyond the ordinary in terms of creativity and innovation in whatever field they are working.

I think true achievements in the world be a good measure to evaluate whether this indigo concept has any validity.
Old 23-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Master
People feel they are 'different somehow' then they read something in a book and say 'hey that sounds like me', but everyone feels 'different' and then many people read the book which attributes a 'name' to this 'differentness' so then they gather under that umbrella... but by so doing they are no longer 'different' they are now the same as all under the umbrella... and the initial qualifier of 'feeling different' becomes mute thus invalidating the reason they are what they claim.
Old 23-03-2011, 06:07 AM
tooty~frooty

Book1 Indigos always existed - Newage Hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Based on when the indigo idea was raised and such children were identified they will now be in the late 20' and early 30's.
My question is "what have the indigo children achieved which other children have not?" As far as I can make out, not much. If there is something different in them why does it not manifest in the social, political, economic and science fields?
It would be helpful for someone to compile a list of indigo children who have exceeded expectations far beyond the ordinary in terms of creativity and innovation in whatever field they are working.

I think true achievements in the world be a good measure to evaluate whether this indigo concept has any validity.

Like I have observed from my life experiences, when a soul is sent to this period of time to live the Indigo Vibration for a reason that complements the Humanity at large, this existence is solely meant for suffering and not yet being able to see (how) this suffering brings rewards.

The rewarding journey usually follows after the suffering has ceased. For some Indigos this journey continues into the next incarnation or it might also be that one Indigo splits him/her-self and lives 2 lives simultaneously wherein he is suffering and the other part of him is experiencing the rewards - as in being able to successfully work for the world's betterment.

The Indigo Vibration is ultimately the platform for preparing oneself for being a symbol of Justice Consciousness - One can not yet see the rewards manifesting/materialising in a single Incarnation. No Indigo Vibration nor A Non Indigo Vibration (the indigo temperamental people but who aren't exactly Indigos) is pointless suffering nor is the Indigos getting Noticed phenomena Useless. Both experience rich rewards, usually the only way to conclude or distinguish between a real Indigo and the Indigo-type existence is the reward factor and the time factor.

Have they been born in this era and have they lived a martyr's life and died a mysteriously incomplete death (wherein their loved ones have begun to believe that the poor thing was a victim of great injustice and more should have come to them or the deserved much better/God was so unfair to them)

The Indigo Vibration is about fighting the fear of betrayal from Justice.

There Might be certain Indigos who make it till the end and get to see their rewards in the very same incarnation, especially the ones who chose to suffer intensely.

So again, time will tell the Indigo - How far they have reached and How have they suffered and Is the journey going to end in this very incarnation or move on to the next.

Compassionate presentation of Opinions welcome again.