Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 09:38 PM
Guide
Sylvia Browne, Amanda Berry and reincarnation

Recently I got into a discussion about Sylvia Browne. My friend was really disappointed with psychics, mediums, etc., due to the purported error that Sylvia Browne issued about Amanda Berry's death.

In 2004, Sylvia Browne informed Louwana Miller, via a Montel Williams show, that her daughter Amanda was dead. In 2006, Louwana Miller died--some say of a broken heart as she never found her daughter and was devastated by Sylvia Browne's reading.

I do not agree. Sylvia Browne, I believe, was given the BEST information that Louwana Miller needed to hear at that time. It may not have been right, but I believe it was the best because if you look at the timeline of Louwana's death (March 2, 2006) and Amanda Berry's birth of her daughter (December 25, 2006--it comes out to 10 months, or to be exact--42 weeks.

Ariel Castro aborted all other pregnancies in his house of horror for 10 years, except this pregnancy. Amanda had been in captivity for four years when her mother died, so why now would Castro allow a pregnancy? If you look at the pictures of Louwana and Amanda's daughter, there is a striking resemblance, especially with the smile, the chin and eyes.

I believe Spirit gave Sylvia Browne the best information for Louwana, because reincarnating as her daughter was the quickest way for Louwana to be with Amanda again. Given Louwana's health in 2006, she would have had to continue on for another six years before Amanda Berry would be freed. Lastly, Sylvia said that she saw water. Amanda gave birth to her daughter in a kiddie pool, so maybe Sylvia saw Louwana being born, and not Amanda's death.

Just a thought. What do you think?

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 02-04-2015, 02:54 AM
Everly

I think Sylvia Browne might have had some ability early on (many, many years ago). But her ego got the better of her and she ended up a joke. Nearly everyone had the same spirit guide(s). She said over and over that OJ didn't do it and the real killer would be discovered the following year...and the following year...and the following year... She was downright ugly to people who turned to her for help and in my life, there is never an excuse for that kind of nasty rudeness.

I don't think it's that Browne was given that information just to give the mother some kind of (bizarre) closure. I think Browne either A) believed it, or B) was just yammering, as she often did. She always saw water in darn near every reading she did. She put forth things that are just stupid...like we all become 30 when we die.

I love and respect good psychics who are ethical and not egomaniacs. Browne ain't one of 'em, imo.

Anyway...

That said... No psychic is 100% right. So perhaps she was just wrong.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:53 AM
Knower
When my mother moved into a retirement home I had the job of going through all her spiritual books. She had a copy of Sylvia Brown's book on future predictions and the publishing date was something like 1981. The sub-title of the book stated something like, "30 Years of Future Predictions!". Since 30 years had already passed, I figured that the book would make an interesting read. Of her predictions, I'd say 5% came true and maybe another 5% came true, but perhaps we just did not notice. Not a great record.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Ascender

The future can easily change due to free will and different life path choices. About 4 years ago, I met a psychic who spewed out literally hundreds of details about my life and people close to me and also things about my boyfriend and people close to him. She was giving us our reading for hours (for free). She was spot on accurate about everything that had occurred in the past, and I mean details, not just generalizations. I never knew someone could be so accurate. We were floored that she knew private things no one else knew. She also gave predictions of the future, but these have been not been very accurate. A little bit accurate though.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
The future can easily change due to free will and different life path choices. About 4 years ago, I met a psychic who spewed out literally hundreds of details about my life and people close to me and also things about my boyfriend and people close to him. She was giving us our reading for hours (for free). She was spot on accurate about everything that had occurred in the past, and I mean details, not just generalizations. I never knew someone could be so accurate. We were floored that she knew private things no one else knew. She also gave predictions of the future, but these have been not been very accurate. A little bit accurate though.

I've had that experience too. The future can be a fickle thing. I too believe it has to do with the constant changes due to free will, and that future time is hard to pinpoint.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Master
I have a couple of her books, and I find them interesting. I like her book of prayers. Some things are not revealed to us, and maybe her ego couldn't accept that. There were several cases where she was WRONG. There was a boy who had been kidnapped and found years later who she said was dead. He was very much alive.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:57 AM
Experiencer

I'm not a big believer in Sylvia Browne's predictions. At the same time, I don't think Louwana Miller's death had anything to do with Sylvia's assessment that Amanda was dead at the time. I think it's heartbreaking enough that her daughter had been missing for so long, and whether she was dead or not made little difference when it came to how long Louwana could sustain life.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:43 AM
Master
Oh my God. Sylvia Browne was such a dreadful person.

If you just examine her body language and the way she talked to people on Montel Williams, it is so obvious. You don't have to be a psychic to know that she went home everyday with the knowledge that she had no abilities, didn't believe anyone had abilities, and was only a hobbyist for metaphysical junk.

I wouldn't even give her the benefit of having any psychic ability prior.
Someone who not only gets things wrong, but builds a Church in her name, tries to rewrite history and already well developed spiritual and religious concepts based on her "guide", and arrogantly can channel anything at will is such a slap in the face to so many genuine and real psychics. I know a real psychic when I just see one. I can pick up the Energy-vibration, My GF has an energy where she can even manipulate certain energies and does read the future without wanting to because majority of psychics see their ability as both a gift and a curse. It's great but it can burden your mind. Terry and Linda Jamison have the same energy and consciousness. Google them. I always say this about real Psychics-You can almost see or sense a Purple-violet glow coming off of them due to their aura even if you can't read auras.

I don't even think Sylvia Browne transitioned to a good place on the Other Side. You don't send God's flock into a slaughter of deceit and misguidance. I'm sorry, but charlatan is by far one of the worst things a person could be. You have no respect for yourself or others and if you did lose a gift and continue afterwards, you are irresponsible to other people who are seeking comfort and a spiritual connection.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:30 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
Oh my God. Sylvia Browne was such a dreadful person.

If you just examine her body language and the way she talked to people on Montel Williams, it is so obvious. You don't have to be a psychic to know that she went home everyday with the knowledge that she had no abilities, didn't believe anyone had abilities, and was only a hobbyist for metaphysical junk.

Thank you. I was ill for a while back then and watched way too much daytime TV. I saw her often and was appalled every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
I wouldn't even give her the benefit of having any psychic ability prior. Someone who not only gets things wrong, but builds a Church in her name, tries to rewrite history and already well developed spiritual and religious concepts based on her "guide", and arrogantly can channel anything at will is such a slap in the face to so many genuine and real psychics.

It's interesting to read some of the reports her former followers have made. There is a ton of stuff online about what a horrible person she was. There is also a lot of supportive stuff. But I figure that where there is that much smoke for that many years, there's a fire somewhere. (Think Lance Armstrong.)

She was also a very, very heavy smoker. If smokers only affected themselves, I'd say go for it, it's your choice. But smoking has seriously damaging effects on everything. How enlightened is that?

And really...that church thing was very, very creepy.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:15 AM
becklyn37

I feel that it's frauds like Sylvia Browne that make it so hard for legitimate psychics to be taken seriously. She was motivated by nothing more than greed and didn't care about the people she lied to or the effects her words had on people's lives. Good riddance.
Closed Thread