Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-11-2017, 01:39 PM
Knower
The Dark Night of the Soul

I wanted to know if anyone has experienced it or is currently going through it?

I want to know that I'm not alone in this...

I feel like I've been in a looong winter on the inside. I can't produce anything great, no inspiration or motivation, can't form relationships or talk to people, I feel fatigued even after sleep or even counting to 5... I feel like a blank canvas. An empty well. A frozen lake.

I feel like a 0% battery since 2015.

I haven't gone to college and have no job.
What's there to do but let go and do nothing....

But I want to get back into life...Or at least I wished I had some message from God letting me know what to do or where to go...

I feel so lost and have no energy or direction... I feel disconnected from everyone...

I'm going to leave this here and do some thinking and be away from the internet. I'll come back in a few days to read any replies.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Renew

I feel like I've been in a looong winter on the inside. I can't produce anything great, no inspiration or motivation, can't form relationships or talk to people, I feel fatigued even after sleep or even counting to 5... I feel like a blank canvas. An empty well. A frozen lake.

But I want to get back into life...Or at least I wished I had some message from God letting me know what to do or where to go...

I feel so lost and have no energy or direction... I feel disconnected from everyone...

I'm going to leave this here and do some thinking and be away from the internet. I'll come back in a few days to read any replies.

Hi there
I have been there and I know how you feel, yet we kinda have to move through it or we will get stuck. This stuckness is what you are describing above, your doing no thing...

After my dark night everyone disappeared and to some degree a sense of isolation permeated my very core. I am slowly re-integrating myself back into the world.

This is not always easy when the main connections in life have fallen away.

How are your family, can you lean on them? I have been filling my spaces with some people, people that I have known a long time. If you have younger, like little family members see if you can spend time with them. They help us with healing because they have not been tainted by conditioning yet.

Oh and laughter, find a way to laugh. It does not have to be a huge experience, just a little tune up, it will help your body with the healing.

I wrote a great deal, anything and everything and just let myself express the horribleness of what I was feeling. As I sit alone here now I wonder about the dark night of the soul. I have many books filled with that writing and with the fact that I could not breath back then and my chest hurt a lot of the time.

The good news is that once someone hits rock bottom, which I did, there is only one way to go and that is upwards. This needs to be a slow and steady progress to ensure that the system does not get shocked.

The whole hitting rock started in 2007 for me and I am steadily building myself back up. Ignore the 10 years that was me, I needed it to stay sane. We are all different I am sure that you can and will do this a little faster.

Maybe work with someone too.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Master

Hi Soul Renew,

Do what your name suggests.
In Latin: "solvitur ambulando"; it is solved by walking.
Go for a brisk 30-45 minute walk every day.
Just by doing that you will see changes.

~ J
Old 09-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Suspended
Quote:

To me this "Dark Night Of The Soul" is a time of great change and growth within yourself and that includes your life as well.

It's the process of transformation, a metamorphosis This "Dark Night Of The Soul"

To me at times it has been like standing on the edge of a high cliff in a violent storm looking out over a rough vast ocean with huge sea monsters in it and just running and jumping off the cliff into all that, or even sailing on a raft though all that, like a very fast powerful rush.

At times it has also had a very dull, depressing, hopeless, or no feeling at all type of feel to it or a disconnected kinda feel kinda like what you have said here.

Another image that describes it is a snake squirming shedding it's skin aggressively, letting go of stuff which no longer serves it, stuff it has out grown. This is all beliefs and ways of being that have been holding you back within yourself and your life.

Even the phoenix bird can be used to describe it, a rise from the ashes, setting yourself on flames, dying an being reborn.

So imo it's a powerful in your face kinda shift, change, letting go and transformation its a process and you will come out of it and when you do you will be laughing in joy like a lunatic.

Quote:

What you have said here, you want to get back into life but are looking for a sign from God? maybe you saying you want to get back into life is the sign your looking for? maybe it's not but at least you do have a goal "getting back into life"

Quote:

If your feeling lost with no direction what may help is to just do anything because doing stuff can lead to other stuff happening, if you decide you want to do something else later on, then you can.

Thats what i have to say atm, peace.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Master

The true dark night of the soul is a spiritual crisis where we seem to lose all that was of value, where we have to face all those things within us which we have not yet reconciled, where we cannot see the way ahead or even the next step to take. Esoterically this is called crossing the burning ground. Such a crisis usually precedes an initiation into something greater because we have been forced to discard all that does not serve us on our journey.

But I cannot help wondering if Soul Renew is really going through such a spiritual crisis or if it is more of a physical crisis. If you have been on 0% battery for over two years then could it be a more material problem such as chronic fatigue?

Sometimes all we can do is hang on in there and remind ourselves "This too will pass".

Peace.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:02 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm currently stuck in the same thing, if not something related to it. To me, one of the worst part is that you can't talk to anyone because people are quick to assume something which is totally the opposite and they just don't understand at all. That's why I'd rather keep it to myself in my personal life. The only person who understands you better than anyone else (possibly even God) is none other than yourself.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
The true dark night of the soul is a spiritual crisis where we seem to lose all that was of value, where we have to face all those things within us which we have not yet reconciled, where we cannot see the way ahead or even the next step to take. Esoterically this is called crossing the burning ground. Such a crisis usually precedes an initiation into something greater because we have been forced to discard all that does not serve us on our journey.

But I cannot help wondering if Soul Renew is really going through such a spiritual crisis or if it is more of a physical crisis. If you have been on 0% battery for over two years then could it be a more material problem such as chronic fatigue?

Sometimes all we can do is hang on in there and remind ourselves "This too will pass".

Peace.

You are right. Crisis comes in many forms all the same..The unknown and our need to reconcile to move forward in life often reflects those times...

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 10-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Peace.

To my mind even the chronic fatigue, or whatever is happening to an individual can be linked to the dark night. Physical crisis can mesh with the spiritual side. In fact I think that is how it works.

By this analogy one could say that no one goes through the dark night of the soul if they are not experiencing the spiritual side alone, however I would say that one informs the other.

When I went through mine I had to release many things that I was attached to. However I was also fainting, losing weight etc, because when we are experiencing one level the other will come to pass to. The body is a messenger that the soul has not been heard or to ask you to listen to the soul.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Master
Quote:

Hello,

My personal experience with this was in 1997. I needed some magic to get me going in Feb of 1998. It still took some time to get things back in balance however.

We are all very unique. I hope that your personal reflections are productive and that you can get going again. The truest reality is that just being alive at this time changes the fabric of our world and galaxy. That is because you are an eternal blessing. Your soul knows this, your intellect does not.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 11-11-2017, 10:13 AM
Guide

I’m going through just the same, word for word. I think it’s a shedding of previous foundations, but it’s agonising and scary.

Feel free to pm if you need to talk about it.