Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 12-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Seeker

sometimes i feel out of place

I don't have anything in common with people my age I'm 30 and I've always like music movies clothing cars etc. from the 20s and 30s i really don't have any interest in anything modern does this have to do with my past life
Old 16-05-2015, 03:23 AM
Knower
Trust me, you're not the only one who feels that way.

From what I've learned from my own experiences, as well as watching others, you tend to gravitate towards that which you find familiar. Which is, fundamentally, really simple logic. I mean, for example, if you were born into a home and grew up around cats, but, as an adult, then moved away from home where there were no cats of any sort, as soon as you'd see a picture or a video of a cat, you'd feel all warm and fuzzy and it'd be familiar to you. Because it *is* familiar to you.

Well, along that same line, at least for me and what I've learned from my own past life rememberings, it's exactally the same.
For years, WAY before I even knew anything spiritual or past life-y or anything like that, whenever I'd see a picture of an Asian person, or of a Japanese pagoda, or the kimonos, it was an instant feeling. A warmth and familiarity towards that. Not of modern day, but of something way older. From the past.
The thing is, growing up, I wasn't really exposed to Asian stuff. The most even remotely Asian anything in my life was 1 Philipino classmate and a Chinese restaurant that was some distance from where I live. I never really knew anything about the people, the history, the clothing, the culture, none of that. And yet, any time I'd see a picture, there was this instant warm, fuzzy, familiar feeling within me, like I was somehow connected to that.

It was only as an adult, and over the course of almost a decade of remembering past lives, that over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, I kept recalling lives I'd lived in, not only Japan (though there were a few scant times I'd lived in the China and Korea areas), but very speficially in a set time / era of Japan. AND! Not only that, but, also, in a very particular sort of living arrangement.
It was basically like living the same way, in the same era, but in a different body and different family.
When this fact finally dawned on me, and I'd realized that me / my higher self and *PURPOSELY* kept coming back to a very specific location in a very specific time, it got rather difficult to miss. Even moreso when those past live memories were sparked when I'd (unexpectedly) crossed paths in this life, with someone I'd shared one of those past lives with.
Suffice it to say, it left me in a state of dumbfounded awe by the time I stepped back and realized this.
And, not only that, but that wasn't the first time (and I suspect not the last either) that my soul / higher self had purposely chosen to keep coming back to a very particular set time and location for a purpose.

For a long time afterwords I sat back, looking over my life, thinking over this new information, and wondering why the heck I was even incarnated into the here and now? If I my soul/ my higher self clearly had such a strong love for and desire to incarnate REPEATEDLY in a far Eastern life, why the heck was I even here now?
For years I've behaved in a way that's set me apart from my classmates, from my sisters, from my family members. I'm the odd one out, but not in a bad way. And even I've noticed that I don't fit in with everyone else. From my mannerisms to my personal choices to my behavior, I'm just. . . different. It's clear that I don't *really* fit in with the here and now, and yet, here I am. I've basically adapted to living in the here and now, and I'm comfortable enough, but I'm not really comfortable. I don't really fit in.
I've wondered 'why' for the longest time. To a good degree, I still sort of am wondering that, however, the best bit of a feeling I can get to answer that, at least for me, is because
1, I *chose* to be here.
2, I am both an example here as well as a helping force here.
(Those are the two main reasons. The third is that I'm still going and growing, learning and experiencing, and evolving.)

Because of, what I can remember, a BUNCH of past lives lived in that era, in that civilization, in that way, it's left a mark on me that still shows through my most basic mannerisms. And, at the back of my mind, I sat back and watched quietly that others have noticed this and are affected by it. By simply how I act and behave. I am different, yes. I don't fit in. However, this is a good thing. Sure I have my rough patches because of it (I tend to get an earfull every now and then from family members because I'm not living in the same cookie cutter life that they are), but, overall, it's not a bad thing.
Sure I don't fit in with everyone else around me, but, because of that, however subtle or unconscious I may be about it, I am making changes to those around me. And, over time, those that help me, comfort me, reassure me, and remind me that I'm not the only one like this do appear in my life as a reminder of 'though it's not easy, you *are* doing the right thing'.

but... yeah. Long, rambly way of saying, you're not alone in how you feel, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you end up finding out, at some point, that you lived for a while in the 20's and 30's era more than a few times. That you have a strong connection with it. More than simply 'I like it and I don't know why'. You do know why, even if you don't quite know 'why' *yet*.

If it'll help you out any, feel free to delve into that side of your life. Look into it. Let yourself fall in love with that era all over again, and, maybe, get a little lost in it for a while. You'll find answers you never knew you had a question to, and may even end up remembering things from past lives. And, given enough time, you'll come to understand the reason why you are here now, despite feeling as connected to and in love with that era that you are.

No one is here by accident. The tricky bit is figuring out the 'why am I here now?'. That's important to remember.