Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 12-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Yogagirl

Red face Emotional Healing

Hello All,
I need a little advice.
Lately I have been quite sad...an unexpected sadness.
So I get the beautiful opportunity to heal myself.
Just thinking about healing myself makes me happy because I would always look for outer circumstances to make me happy.
But now I know for the particular healing it needs to come from myself.
I just wanted to know...how do you heal yourself when you are sad?
And it's not a type of sadness that only lasts a day...it will be a little while.
I know know know meditation is a HUGE thing and that will help me a lot.
But the thing is...I have no motivation to meditate when i'm feelin' blue.
I haven't gotten many chances to heal myself so I really don't know where to start...if anyone has any guided meditations or anything secrets to feel secure in yourself please share!

Blessings
Old 12-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Master
If I need to heal and can't meditate I just take it easy and relax and try to put myself into a spiritually minded mood, whether I think spiritual thoughts, read a spiritual book. Also I like to swim so personally swimming for me is opening up my spirituality.
Spiritlite.
Old 13-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Yogagirl

Can you recommend any books Spiritlite?

Thank you thank you beautiful soul
Old 13-06-2011, 05:09 AM
Master
Conversations with God really puts me into a highly spiritual way. They are by Neale Donald Walsh and they come in books one, two, three, obviously start with book one I'm sure you can find cheap used on Amazon I really really suggest it.
Spiritlite.
Old 14-06-2011, 12:56 AM
Pheonix

Find things to enjoy, like pampering or reading that book you've always wanted to. You need not do anything large to be happy. Just by looking fondly on a loved pet can instill the love that you need. Tender to your thoughts (garden daily) and it will grow. Embrace the sadness that you have and allow it to be, for one can not leave sadness until it has passed.
Old 20-06-2011, 12:26 AM
gentlesoul

I have a book to suggest. The Seat of the Soul is a book I live by. It talks about how there is a choice between love and fear. All negative emotions, like sadness, are from fear. Sometimes it's still hard to feel love even though you know this. But it helps me to read from the book when I have doubts. It reminds me that I really do believe in the power of love, and helps me get that love back.
Old 20-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Any book by Pema Chodron is good. Her approach is very grounding and teaches you to start where you are right now and embrace the truth of how you feel. It is only through doing that you will realise inner peace. Best wishes.
Old 20-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Pema Chodron is good. .

I agree
Old 20-06-2011, 03:54 PM
Master
Yoga Girl I hope you are okay :)
Spiritlite.
Old 22-06-2011, 02:53 AM
Master
Yogagirl... A very good method for emotional healing is called EFT - Emotional Healing Techniques.

There's an introductory article about it at: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

Xan