Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 27-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Loldawg

Strength, only strength. When your body is strong, your mind is strong. The key here is pushing yourself. You can do 2 push-ups? Do 3. You will instantly feel better as you've achieved something you never deemed possible. Then take it from there =)
Old 18-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Kenneath

Hi Greg,
Agree with you that walk and yoga helps in soothing stress and prevent from depression. Like to add aerobic exercises are also effective in curing depression and besides workouts watch what you eat, avoid alcohol, smoking and caffeine and share your problems with your friends and family members to cure depression.
Old 20-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Master

Clinical applied science angle coming in :)

"Happy chemicals" (endorphins, serotonin etc) will be released when you do anything you enjoy in addition to physical exercise. You will stick to an exercise when it's appropriate for your needs and preferences. You will reap the greatest benefits when you stick with something for a long period of time.

My suggestion, if you don't like the high intensity stuff, is just go for walks. Find a book you enjoy and read a chapter in a park. Then, walk around the park a few times, or walk to a different park. Repeat. Even incidental exercise can be very powerful... fresh air can do wonders.

I've struggled with down moments this year as well, and I find walking along the beach to be a wonderful experience because it's so sensory. There's the water washing over my feet (I walk barefoot in the surf). The wind is usually blowing, the sun's around somewhere, there's a smell of brine in the air, and the sound of waves hitting the shore. I might find it difficult to "get out of my head" sometimes, but never at the beach :) And if I can't find a beach, somewhere with a fountain, pond, or lake is a good second choice - or even just a really nice park. Go take some photos or draw some pictures :)
Old 25-06-2013, 01:17 PM
MarkHerry

Exercise is good to reduce stress and depression. Exercise helps to maintain physical fitness and also good for brain. It provides freshness to the body and mind so it is important to do exercise daily.
Old 29-06-2013, 06:22 PM
MarkHerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHerry
Exercise is good to reduce stress and depression. Exercise helps to maintain physical fitness and also good for brain. It provides freshness to the body and mind so it is important to do exercise daily.
Reply must.
Old 29-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Master

Agh - not the exercise today - long walk produced 2 blisters. Big ouch. That has produced a degree of stress and glum. And I couldn't complete the walk.

Never mind ... it will heal. I'm so much stronger and leaner and healthier from my recent exercises. And I believe I can incorporate that into my body.
Old 30-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Softkitty83

Hi Greg,
I find for myself that walking is the best for my depression. I go four out of five weekdays as well as I do some on the weekend. It has helped me out a lot.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 AM
Master

More blisters, more challenges!

But it was lovely walking yesterday - about 16 miles covered.
Old 26-03-2014, 05:15 AM
Landon

Exercise can be helpful to deal with the depression.
Mental relaxation exercises such as yoga, and meditation are more effective exercises to get rid of the depression, stress, anxiety, and other mental illnesses.
Old 29-03-2014, 06:59 AM
Landon

Exercise can be helpful to deal with the depression.
Mental relaxation exercises such as yoga, and meditation are more effective exercises to get rid of the depression, stress, anxiety, and other mental illnesses.

Last edited by Landon : 29-03-2014 at 08:01 AM.