Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Deactivated Account
"It is truly a great cosmic paradox that one of the best teachers in all of life turns out to be death. No person or situation could ever teach you as much as death has to teach you. While someone could tell you that you are not your body, death shows you. While someone could remind you of the insignificance of the things that you cling to, death takes them all away in a second. While people can teach you that men and women of all races are equal and that there is no difference between the rich and the poor, death instantly makes us all the same.**So start using every day to let go of that scared part of you that won’t let you live life fully. Since you know you’re going to die, be willing to say what needs to be said and do what needs to be done. Be willing to be fully present without being afraid of what will happen in the next moment. That’s how people live when they face death. You get to do that too, because you are facing death every moment." ~ Michael Singer
Old 13-07-2015, 07:07 PM
Deactivated Account
"Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to die before you die - and find that there is no death." ~ Eckhart Tolle
Old 13-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Smile

Death?
There is no 'death'....you got it, Spiritalker...

We leave 'here' just like we leave China when we have to go there on business.
Is China our home? No.
We eat some food there, see some sights, meet some people,
sign some papers...and come home.

Do the people we meet in China think we died? No.
They know we went home...and continue on...

That just came to me...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Knower
I think you have some good points I somewhat agree with, Spiritalker.

I am positive that we never die. if we really did, Life would be rigid and a finite and doomed existence with no eternal spiritual lifespan.

For the quote "spiritual beings experiencing a human existence"
I have heard of this before and I agree with it on a spiritual level that if we are really spirits, then what is our REAL world, not this physical world that confines our souls like a prison in some ways?

I am intrigued of the feeling being transformed and transferred, but I don't want to see it as finality either, neither want to think about death constantly and let it bother the present.
Old 14-07-2015, 01:53 AM
Pathfinder
exactly!

Thanks so much for sharing your feelings on this one;some of you know exactly what I mean here and can probably relate on some very deep levels. I've learned a lot from loss and things that "shoulda been " that now is the only thing that is real besides love and truth;everything else is an illusion of perception that we create. Nothing real can harm you and nothing unreal exists. Love &light to all of you.
Old 24-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritalker
Hello everyone I'd like to share with you a very personal decision I chose to make two days ago. I based this decision on years of experience which have allowed me to attain a state of absolute belief that the physical death of our human forms is not a finality. I also have based this decision on the idea that our perception of death is the only thing that separates us from the rest of the spiritual realities as we are "spiritual beings experiencing a human existence "(I can't remember right off hand who said that ).There is also a bit of residual fear of losing those I love involved as we've all become so accustomed to and comforted by their physical presence in our lives. Some would no doubt try to say that this decision is a desperate attempt at absolute denial but I choose to see it as an empowering way to channel any fear into a change of perception and belief that could potentially alter my own personal reality in dramatic ways if our beliefs truly shape our realities as I believe they do. So this decision is going to be kind of like a lifelong experiment because I am no quitter!
A little background history goes along with this :I recently found out that I may have a potentially life threatening genetic disorder for which I am undergoing testing tomorrow and from which my biological mother may have died and which my children may have inherited. I refuse to give my power to fear. I would much rather choose to give it to life and love.
So my very personal decision is to STOP BELIEVING IN DEATH.
I will cease to believe in the finality, the separation and the loss and I will see those who have passed before to have been released and transformed,which is that not something to celebrate instead of mourning?
I don't know where this will take me but I'm excited to find out when the time comes, and who knows maybe it'll only happen when I choose to ascend as it is said to have happened for many ancient and current masters, which we are all but have simply forgotten our identities along the way.

Very nice, I have the same belief. Over the last couple of years I have been "communicated" to by deceased loved ones. Not hearing voices or anything, but things in life being orchestrated. No doubt in my mind, heart or soul that this is just a human experience.
Old 25-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Master
Hi Spiritalker,

I would highly recommend checking out a book called 'On Death & Dying' by Elisabeth Kubler Ross. You may have heard of, or read it already, but acc. to a nurse or two I know that worked in Geriatrics, it was required reading. I actually haven't read the entire thing yet myself, but it's come up enough in different places and is apparently a land mark kind of book in the area, plus Kubler-Ross imo was one of the greats far as doctors involved & experienced in dealing with death.

Btw I find it courageous in a sense that you would be open enough to post this in the first place.

Anyways, blessings & all good vibes out to you and yours. ~ Wish you luck w/ it.

-edit- 'we aren't human beings having a spiritual exp...' quote was from Pierre Teilhard de Chardin who was a french geologist/philosopher/Jesuit Priest from the early 1900's.

Also, i like your attitude going into it. Not wanting to suggest anything by the recommendation it's just that death has been sort of a looming theme for me as well lately in my life, so another good book is the Tibetan Book of the Dead. The way i currently see it, death is as the NDE'ers (well, most of them claim) say, just a transition to the great mysterious, divine beyond. Making peace with that (we're all going to end up there eventually regardless) however possible is good i think to do, easier said then done though maybe.

On the other hand, maybe you want to put that out of your head for now, idk. That would make sense as well.

Hopefully though you've got a lot of time here left yet!