Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 26-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Master
Transparent Tarot

Does anyone use the Transparent Tarot cards?

I've just received my cards, which are amazing. However, being made of plastic, they were all stuck together. I gently washed them all in mild soapy water, separating and drying them off with a clean cotton tea towel, which seemed to do the trick and get rid of the sort of greasy, sticky substance, so I could shuffle them without them getting stuck together.

I used them again this morning, but some of the cards are still prone to get stuck together. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these cards, advice or ideas to keep them nice and smooth for easy shuffling. I thought of baby powder lightly dusted but apart from that, I can't think of anything else. I wash my hands thoroughly before I touch them, as I'm sure hands would transfer oils, etc.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Hi Pandora, great to see you around...

I haven't owned those, how are they holding up? Worth the purchase?
Cloves
Old 03-12-2018, 02:08 AM
Master
Hi Pandora,

Sounds interesting there. I think yes drying and dusting them with a bit of powder will do well. Ordinary cards also tend to stick sometimes when not used for a while. It can be a bit tricky. Some cards from some of my decks got damaged...because they got stuck together.

I hope others can advise you on it.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Master
If you still got the problem, maybe fanning powder. It works on other cards, including the ones with a (plastic) coating.
What I'm thinking, wasn't it static?
Old 04-12-2018, 03:30 AM
Master
Thanks for all the replies.

Hey Clover ... they're holding up really well. Yes, I think they were worth the purchase. They open up a different level for reading. Quite interesting. The only thing that I don't like, or rather, takes some getting used to, is that the artwork is extremely minimalistic. I'm used to decks with images and colour, whereas this deck is a bit of a shock to the system with its rather boring, simplistic pictures and lacklustre colour.

I got some baby powder and gave them a light dusting, which did the trick. They haven't stuck since.

No, wasn't static. Just a sort of oily film. Can't really describe it any better than that. They were ok after washing them - I found a couple I didn't wash as thoroughly (got sick of washing 78 cards one at a time ... ). I think it must be something to do with the manufacturing process. Anyway, they're good now after washing and a bit of powder. I always make sure I wash my hands first too, so no oil gets transferred from my hands.

One thing I've noticed - they are heavier than normal cardboard stock, even though the plastic's not that thick. It feels different shuffling and I notice the weight after shuffling for a while.

I've been using them in conjunction with normal cards. I'll do a three card reading, then see how they look with the Transparent Tarot. Gives you some good insights.

Next time I use them, I'll try and post a picture to give you all an idea.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:13 AM
Master
I looked it up the other day and saw that they are that minimalistic. It doesn't appeal to me at all.
I'm curious why you bought them if they didn't really appeal to you much either?
Also, how do you choose a card? With them being transparent, you are quite limited as you can see which card it is.
Similar to the Lovers Oracle that has text on one side, accompanying image on the other. I basically have to not look at them or put them in a satchel or something. Lovely cards, but in that sense not practical in use.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I looked it up the other day and saw that they are that minimalistic. It doesn't appeal to me at all.
I'm curious why you bought them if they didn't really appeal to you much either?
Also, how do you choose a card? With them being transparent, you are quite limited as you can see which card it is.
Similar to the Lovers Oracle that has text on one side, accompanying image on the other. I basically have to not look at them or put them in a satchel or something. Lovely cards, but in that sense not practical in use.

I know, there are terribly minimalistic. I was curious though, and wanted to see what they were like for me and how they would work. I really liked the concept, which I thought was very clever.

Choosing a card is easy for me because I shuffle and choose cards with my eyes closed so that doesn't bother me. Mind you, that's for just picking a few cards. I wouldn't use them in a spread anyway I don't think, which would be a bit trickier as I'd have to then look at where I was putting the cards.