Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 23-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Henosis

Thought I would share....

There’s nothing very new in this post, but I’m feeling in a particularly good and clear place today, so I thought that while it lasts I would share what I'm thinking about 'twin-souls' and what happens in these connections….

To begin with, of course, the twin show us our deepest essence, which many of us have not been in touch with before. This happens because the particular ‘flavour’ of this essence is the same in them as it is in ourselves. So seeing that part of yourself reflected in them means there is a recognition of it in yourself. This is not only the deepest and truest part of ourselves, but is that part of us which is connected to the source of everything else. So connecting to it can be an overwhelming experience.

What then tends to happen is that you get ‘addicted’ to this other person, because they can put you in touch with that part of yourself where you feel whole, and in touch, and alive in the most fundamental way possible. So without this other person who has the ability to give you this experience you are aware of an emptiness you may not have been conscious of before. You want to experience that amazing connectedness over and over again. You come to (wrongly) believe that you cannot have this sense of yourself as whole, and in touch with everything, without them.

However, this experience of connection to your own centre, and to life itself, is so overwhelming that there is usually also a need to withdraw and regroup. You still have to function in the real world. This withdrawing is often exactly the right thing to do. Being lost in over-stimulation and drama, and blowing each other up all the time, isn’t very helpful, though it feels exciting. But there is a feeling of loss and confusion. You want it, but you don’t want it. This is true for both people in different ways, there is no need for labels like ‘runner' and ‘chaser'. Both run from it, both pursue it, though it may not always be obvious seen from surface behaviour

Unfortunately if you have any mundane unresolved problems and traumas about relationships (and most of us do) these will also be triggered now. The feeling of loss and disconnection from the twin is at such a fundamental level that it will (probably unconsciously) remind you of other people with whom you have had similar feelings in the past, which will add a depth of pain and trauma and complexity to what is going on — particularly if you are both experiencing these sorts of reactions as well as the deeper spiritual connection and disconnection. It will also trigger any karmic stuff that exists between you. My experience of this situation was a feeling that the experience was at such a core level that it was essentially infinite — no matter from what perspective I looked at it I could just keep on unpacking ‘stuff’, there was never a point where it felt “that’s the end of it”. Every way I turned it went on forever. This was quite scary!

So usually when we experience this sort of connection we are experiencing things at three different levels: firstly our everyday emotional hang-ups, neediness and neurotic stuff (which we would experience in any relationship, but which are here magnified to the max); secondly any unresolved karmic history; thirdly the soul recognition and connection. It’s good if we can learn to differentiate between these levels.

Regarding the soul connection level, the lessons is simple (at least it’s simple to say it). It’s about realising that the other person doesn’t give us anything that is not already in us. The thing that makes us feel so amazing when we are with them is actually our deepest essence which they are showing to us by reflecting it back. We can learn to find that in ourselves: we can feel that good and complete and connected without the twin needing to be involved at all. In that place any sense of neediness or longing for the twin vanishes. Which is not to say that there may not be all sorts of potential for real-world connection (which may or may not be romantic/sexual) if both people want to and are in the right place. How could you not feel affection towards someone who shares something so fundamental with you? But you don’t now need them in this way, that is the difference. It becomes about choice rather than desperation, so long as…

...the more mundane emotional and psychological stuff that has been triggered by all this is not running the show. In many ways this is more difficult to deal with, particularly when we insist on seeing what is happening between the two people as only about the soul level and not also about the emotional psychological level. But a powerful SC does give us a big impetus to address things we may have been avoiding or not acknowledging in ourselves if we want to take it. And without looking at this other stuff as well we are likely to get caught in an ongoing drama with the twin which is not to do with the soul connection at all, but to do with our own unlearnt lessons from this (and often another) life.

That’s what I think anyway. What a journey. Thanks twin (not that I think for a moment you’re reading this). I’m sorry I’ve been judgmental in some of my posts, I know it’s wasn't always easy and, at the end of the day, we both did as well as we could under the circumstances... x

Last edited by Henosis : 23-07-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 23-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Master
Wow,wow,wow!!!

I think I've never read such a accessible piece about the twinflame experience ...AND addressing it from ALL layers...

Compliments!
Old 23-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Guide

Nothing to add for those TF believers.
Just one thing I am sure for while: the more you try to explain, or rationalize, the more it gets blurred (IMO).
Old 23-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzth
Just one thing I am sure for while: the more you try to explain, or rationalize, the more it gets blurred (IMO).

I agree with this. to add another thought, I think one of the strongest, if not THE strongest indicator that you have met your twin, is if at some point irrespective if you come from a religious background or not, you feel you have seen god, by looking at them, or being with them.
Old 23-07-2015, 03:46 PM
Henosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyzth

Have to say that in my experience the opposite has been true.
Old 23-07-2015, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henosis
Have to say that in my experience the opposite has been true.

Same here and it has made my life a lot easier...
Old 23-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Ascender
I loved your thoughts and healthy perspective about this, thanks for sharing!
Old 23-07-2015, 05:15 PM
Guide

So you say that the more it becomes rational, then it is closed to be solved, or finished because clearing things is to come to solution. I admire those that fully address issues through reasoning alone. I wish I could do it. I wish I could have a method for.
Old 23-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Deactivated Account

I'm a born analyser(maybe the Virgo thing, and being an INTJ). My understanding in some of these areas speaks for itself...

Anyway I loved your piece, greatly written, you addressed the points very well. :)
Old 23-07-2015, 05:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henosis
It’s about realising that the other person doesn’t give us anything that is not already in us. The thing that makes us feel so amazing when we are with them is actually our deepest essence which they are showing to us by reflecting it back. We can learn to find that in ourselves: we can feel that good and complete and connected without the twin needing to be involved at all. In that place any sense of neediness or longing for the twin vanishes. Which is not to say that there may not be all sorts of potential for real-world connection (which may or may not be romantic/sexual) if both people want to and are in the right place. How could you not feel affection towards someone who shares something so fundamental with you? But you don’t now need them in this way, that is the difference. It becomes about choice rather than desperation, so long as…

This is excellent. Good job....