Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 20-06-2018, 01:47 PM
Guide

Moonstone

Hi,

Im not that familiar with crystals and their energies. I have some rose quartz but thats it. I bought a ring with a large moonstone on it. Very pretty, but as I was reading about the effects of moonstone I became more interested.

Some websites said to sleep with moonstone under your pillow because it heightens spiritual awareness, helps you sleep, etc. Another website said to put pieces of moonstone in your windows and doorways for protection.

Any experience with moonstone?
Old 20-06-2018, 02:57 PM
Master

Moonstone is great for pms and calm during menstrual cycle which it is supposed to help regulate. I like wearing it when I want to slow my pace and reflect calmly on things. It helps at times of emotional turmoil as well. Rainbow moonstone is also very inspiring.
Old 20-06-2018, 06:39 PM
Seeker
The stones all have energies and avenues of expressions (yes - you may discover them and your own relationship with them by tuning into yourself. When you were connecting with the ring with the moonstone, why did you? why did you bring it home with you? What were you feeling? what did it make you feel? Are you able to identify the feelings, the familiarity, thoughts ( potential memories it may have been invoking? If not then, what about now? Pick it up, put it on, gaze into it (what happens?

Report!

Casey
Old 20-06-2018, 07:03 PM
Guide

I thought it was very pretty. LOL. I bought it online so it is in the mail! Can't wait for it to arrive.
Old 20-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Deactivated Account

I just purchased a black moonstone. From what I read, the stone is intended to work with the Divine Fem and moon cycles. Although, not sure if the color matters? Even the black moonstone has white and gray strains tho......

Now, my personal experience, I find it to be a very calming stone. Before I held the stone, (got it in the mail) I was very irritable and filled with anxiety because I was entertaining the kids all weekend, anyways, I picked up the stone and I inadvertently started holding the stone and rubbing it while I was watching TV......no joke....but I started feeling very at ease. My moods felt lighter and felt my anxiety ease a bit. I just love the stone. Calming is just the word I have for it. It's healing but in a softer gentle sense. Its no wonder they say its a fertility/Fem Stone. Now metaphysical wise, I dont think I have seen any changes or occurrences.

I do love my black moonstone, it's much lighter than I anticipated, its not heavy. Black stones are good for absorbing negative energy. Personally, I like to purchase stones at least 60 mm and larger to feel the maximum effects

( The sellers hand)
Old 20-06-2018, 08:10 PM
Guide

Wow, that is a beautiful stone! I think my ring has rainbow moonstone.
Old 20-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Experiencer

I am going to assume you are talking about rainbow moonstone which is white or AAA quality which is clear with blue or rainbow flash. The reason I want to clarify is because as you said you are not very knowledgeable and sometimes people sell labrodorite as moonstone.

Moonstone works on your 6th and 7th chakra as well if its a blue flash it works on the throat chakra if it is a rainbow flash it works on all chakras. It is a gentle stone to meditate with, but can cause vivid dreams. It is also considered a stone of love.
Old 20-06-2018, 10:02 PM
Guide

The description said it has "blue flash." So is that labradorite?
Old 21-06-2018, 02:31 AM
Administrator
Moonstone

Moonstone has also been called Water Opal, Fish Eye, and Wolf’s Eye, and has long considered to have inherent insoluble connections to the moon and it’s energies by all ancient cultures familiar with this glorious gemstone.

Metaphysical Properties:

It helps to strengthen intuition and psychic perception and brings balance and harmony with the All. It is said to have the power to grant wishes. Moonstone Honors the Goddess in all women.

Healing Properties:

By unblocking the lymphatic system, Moonstone will help the digestive system by enhancing the assimilation of nutrients, eliminating toxins and fluid retention, healing and balancing the stomach, liver, pancreas and pituitary gland.

Magical Properties:

Moonstone greatly enhances the psychic, offering the gift of prophecy. It is a wonderful stone to keep with one’s divinatory tools. For one who is a true seeker of spiritual wisdom and development, Moonstone opens the gateway to the subconscious, while at the same time it will not permit full entrance for one who is not truly ready for the experience. One must still work with care.

Energy: Receptive
Planet: Moon
Elements: Water
Deity: Diana, Selene, Isis
Powers: Love, Divination, Psychic Abilities, Youth
Zodiac: Cancer, Libra, Scorpio
Chakra Classification: Sacral. Heart, Third Eye

It is a stone that does get confused at times with other stones so one does have to get it from a reliable and knowledgeable shop.

I had one that was mistaken for an Opal of low quality.

Its great for PMS I used to use it ( when I was not OLD lol )

Wonder where it is now actually might have to crystal hunt.

Lynn
Old 21-06-2018, 06:58 AM
Experiencer

No blue flash is very indicative of rainbow moonstone. I have a few I cabbed myself, some are clear with blue flash some are cloudy white with blue flash on one side and rainbow on the other. :) I love rainbow moonstone it is one of my favorite stones to play with. I am constantly fiddling with my crystals. When I plat with the moonstones I have very pleasent dreams. I bet your excited to get it, please share photos when it arrives.:)