Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-11-2019, 04:21 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
My take is all the different faces of God worshiped by all the various religions and traditions are the same Divinity.

So in the end, we should probably acknowledge and worship that Divinity in a way that resonates personally.

Once we "have slipped the surly bonds of earth ... and touched the face of God"
our Earthly concept of God won't really matter and It will be grander and more profound than we ever could have imagined.

I just had to respond to these ideas of yours as they mirror my own so perfectly. The highlighted part of what you put forth here I have experienced when I came out of intensive care for a bout of cancer that initially stopped me breathing - and just as you say it was “grander and more profound" than we could ever imagine and on top of that it was very familiar - in fact more familiar than anything I had ever experienced - more familiar than the faces of my own parents. This showed me that I had been ‘there’ before I was ‘here’ (on this earth). This experience so radically changed me that I was living the blissful life of the enlightened for about a year, after which the experience slowly left me and, with resigned regret, I watched myself return to my unenlightened state but with many, many lessons learned.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:27 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaid
I just had to respond to these ideas of yours as they mirror my own so perfectly. The highlighted part of what you put forth here I have experienced when I came out of intensive care for a bout of cancer that initially stopped me breathing - and just as you say it was “grander and more profound" than we could ever imagine and on top of that it was very familiar - in fact more familiar than anything I had ever experienced - more familiar than the faces of my own parents. This showed me that I had been ‘there’ before I was ‘here’ (on this earth). This experience so radically changed me that I was living the blissful life of the enlightened for about a year, after which the experience slowly left me and, with resigned regret, I watched myself return to my unenlightened state but with many, many lessons learned.

Thanks for that bit of confirmation! I'm also intrigued by NDEs and always felt what the experiencers related was one of enlightenment.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:16 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:

I Love reading and talking with people that have had this experience.
Since I have had such a similar experience and see things in a similar way.

The part that your talking about more familiar then your own parents.(Same with me)
I often said "I've been where I come from and know where I am returning to".
(I call it HOME)

Anyway, a big WELCOME to the forum.
Old 06-11-2019, 05:26 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
it was very familiar
This resonates with me something mightily.
Thanks enaid
Old 07-11-2019, 04:11 PM
Pathfinder

Feels good to have affirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
I Love reading and talking with people that have had this experience.
Since I have had such a similar experience and see things in a similar way.

The part that your talking about more familiar then your own parents.(Same with me)
I often said "I've been where I come from and know where I am returning to".
(I call it HOME)

Anyway, a big WELCOME to the forum.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and I am in hearty agreement with everything you’ve said. Great idea to call it ‘home’.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:07 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I have learned about cosmic consciousness, the inner light, the universal I and so on. But I still find myself wishing there was a *real* God up there in the heavens. I wish personality and ego were important, other people were real and wish that we are in the process of Creation.

Christ offers that my wishes come true. I'm with Him.

Cosmic consciousness, or rather the consciousness of the cosmos, or if you will, the conscious cosmos is not considered a deity, although some may worship it.

Let us look at this from the smallest and move up from there; there is consciousness in:
atoms
Minerals
Plants
insects
animals
Humans
air, land, waters, trees, sky
planets
solar systems
Galaxies

And the collective name for all of these is the Cosmos. So the cosmos Is the collective consciousness of created things and does not include the Creator.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Exactly. Stand by your understanding. In my experience Christ is far stronger and more loving than any number of enlightened men. Christ has a relationship with those who believe in Him. Everything else is just inert numbness....

Christ has a "relationship" who also does HIS FATHER'S WILL. do you NOT believe what Jesus said? (Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother). see also (Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven).

Jesus told us that if we wanted LIFE, we have to know NOT ONLY himself, but the "ONLY TRUE GOD" ,(John 17:3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent). I believe what Jesus said, and obey his words. so I "stand by" the words of Jesus, how about yourself? peace
Old 11-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Master
There is a God. The highest power is a Personal being. Not some abstract thing. The source of the Universe is our Father/Mother.
That’s why the Christian theology or the early Christians baptized people in the name of three Entities- “The father the son the Holy Spirit “
The father is our transcendent creator. He’s more Person or personal than we are to each other. He is an infinite Person which is impossible to grasp.
The son was the human , identical individual -possible to understand image of God. Someone we could relate to and is always there for us.
The Holy Spirit IS the cosmic Consciousness of the Father And Son, the cosmic Essence of God shared ito all creation for not just the Father and Son to have but for all children of God to have access to, because the Holy Spirit isn’t just some power one taps into, but also an independent Higher Consciousness who guides and intermediates for humans and even coaxes them into It’s Being because the being of the Holy Spirit , the being of the Cosmic Consciousness is the Father. The Cosmic consciousbess of God is best described using a metaphor.
Imagine those old Christian paintings of a saint. They have a halo over their head. That means their holy or perfected. They don’t own holiness and it doesn’t come from them, it comes from within, but from within is the Holy Spirit. Where does the Holy Spirit, our Guide and Protector come from?
The Holy Spirit would be the Halo over the head of the Father if we are to use that metaphor. Thus the Spirit, the higher Cosmic Christ Consciousness is the presence, the Aura, the Mind, the expanded Self of God for all to experience and have within them to be perfectly loved by God . But The Father doesn’t have control of the Holy Spirit, his shared Consciousness/Spirit/Essence with the son. That Spirit is free and It’s own Agent. The spirit may be called the impersonal aspect in the Godhead. Not because the Holy Spirit isn’t personal, but because the Spirit’s very existence being the Cosmic consciousness of all Life is Love itself. The force of Love.

It sounds complicated but it really isn’t.