Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 28-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Master
William: There is a site on the internet which has thousands of NDE stories.

This site is http://nderf.org which I mentioned earlier.

Xan

Old 17-03-2011, 12:43 PM
William Schuck

The conversation about God is still today where it was in the beginning. We make it up as we go along. Dreams are for sleeping people, for those awake it is their duty to arouse those that slumber. Don't spend a life time in the dark, just turn on the light switch. Don't buy into all the psychological/spiritual gobble gook, trust in your own acid test. Remember the created universe is more mysterious than can be imagined. It is not for our feeble minds to understand, it is for us to enjoy. Remember every body wants a following even if is one person. This gives them credence that their ideas are superior to your. From your perspective you are the center of the universe. Stay on your center! Remember that your thoughts are not self actualized they are like the printed words on a page of a book, it is only you the observer that is aware. If your want to share your bounty make sure it holds true for all. Look to nature for truth, however don't try to understand how it is. To do so is a waste of your time and energy, like throwing good money after bad. "Only speak or act when it is kind, necessary, and true". I believe this comes for Buddhism. Warm Regards
Old 17-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Administrator
Hello

The NDE reminds me of somting I watched not long ago. The movie Flatliners, while I KNOW the techno part of it is flawed the idea of it is I feel sound. We seek to KNOW.\

The other day I came to once again watch the movie “Flatliners” . If you have not seen this movie I do highly recommend it but with a WARNING its not for everyone, and there is a drug used to educe the NDE and I so do not condone the use of drugs in any way.

That said the movie is based on medical students trying to via scientific means to find out if there is more after we die. If there is something that comes beyond that point of death.

They educe the Near Death Event, BUT the results are NOT as positive as they feel they first might be. Like with all things actions do have at times negative outcomes.

In the movie a drug is used ( I so do not condone this to be tired ) to stop the heart. To put one in that state being dead. From there it is discover ( in theory) that there is something there and its comforting.

There is however some lacking in the films description for cardiopulmonary resuscitation, as the deliberator is of no use if someone has truly flatlined. If one had totally flatlined then one is in death. The defibulator works for ventricular fibulation or pulesless ventricular tachycardia.

Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is an emergency procedure which is attempted in an effort to return life to a person in cardiac arrest.

Ventricular fibrillation (V-fib or VF) is a condition in which there is uncoordinated contraction of the of the cardiac muscle of the ventricles in the heart , making them quiver rather than contract properly. While there is activity, it is undetectable by palpation (feeling) at major pulse points of the carotid and femoral arteries especially by the lay person.

Ventricular tachycardia (V-tach or VT) is a tachycardia or fast heart rhythm, that originates in one of the verticals of the heart. This is a potentially life-threatening arrhythmia because it may lead to fibrilation, asystole, and sudden death.
So in practical theory if one has truly “ Flatlined” there is no way the paddles would bring one back. One is in that true state of being dead.

flat liner
A popular term for a brain dead , so form there I pose the following question if one has truly flat lined and become brain dead WHAT would be there to function for one’s to have those memories come back with them of something more in the NDE event ?

One does not in a true sense come back from the dead, one goes to the place of being “near dead”. So do we truly see the other side ?

Lynn
Old 18-03-2011, 01:20 PM
spiritualysurrounded

lynn,

the concept is that are memories are not stored in are brains. but within the surroundings. its that are memories are stored in a manner that they all exsist at one time. and when you go to the other side. you still have the same group of memories existing, just in a pure energy state. it is posible to access past lives memories and memories form the other side. memories are not like a computer. the brain is more like a processor not the computer its self, the whole computer is the energy and flows which exsist to enhance the brain. your emotions and memories and thoughts exsist all at the same time within all the energy that you consume through out the day.

so it is completely posible to retain memories when the brain is so called brain dead. they may not be able to access them but there still there. everything remembers. in no mater what state.
Old 17-05-2011, 07:54 AM
primrose

NDE

Firepixie, I hav'nt personally experienced one, but my mother did and she told me about it. When she was 14 her apendix burst and she almost died, she was hospitalized and in a coma when she said she floated above her bed towards a white light, she did'nt see anyone but felt at peace then a male voice told her she had to go back as it was'nt her time, she then woke up.That's all I remember about it, she has since died at the age of 60. I must say she was a spiritual and loving mother.
Old 17-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Medium_Laura

Primrose, that is such a common phrase! That's exactly what my mother heard when she died. "You must go back, it is not yet your time."
Old 11-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Master
very interesting stuff. Loved reading them all. I've never experienced ND.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Master
This is so fascinating.

I've checked out that link from Xan. Very good reading and miraculous stories.

zipzip
Old 17-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Master
Here's a thread on the subject of...

What do we know about Death from Near Death Experiences? - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22123

Xan

Old 23-03-2012, 08:03 PM
dmhorn

Just something that came to mind...people debate so much over what constitutes an NDE, whether or not it can be authenticated. But consider psychic abilities...we are able to see the "unseen" while alive. It should come to no surprise to us then that we may be given a glimpse into the other side during a tramatic event, even to the gates of heaven. Such is the case with my NDE, although i do not have any proof that I actually flatlined. After years believing that my experience was created by my brain, i came across countless stories of children who had seen and experienced the same things as I did during my NDE. It made me stop and think...that what I encountered was a gift and indeed something real after all.
I was two years old, and fell ill with a fever of 106. My body seized up to "reboot" the brain by causing me to fall under a powerful seizure. This essentially saved my life, but temporarily paralyzed me on my left side. I remember waking up in the hospital, coming in an out of consciousness. My mother was speaking to me, but i could not comprehend what the words meant. At that age I was already speaking fluently, and reading, so I should have been able to understand but the fever made everything hazy and distorted. The doctors put me on an examination table and asked my mother to step out. I floated out of my body and looked down from the ceiling, observing and feeling totally calm and at peace. I could see what everyone was wearing, and could understand what the doctors were saying. I decided to explore a bit and enjoyed the weightless feeling of being outside of my body. I went outside the door and into the hallway, where my mother was sitting and crying while the doctor spoke to her. I was prompted by her distress to reenter my body and try to heal. I went into my body and opened my eyes looking up at the strong lights. I immediately went into a trance and started focusing on healing myself, at total peace.
Later that evening, I awoke to feel a presence next to me. I turned my attention and suddenly I was sitting up but completely outside my body. Sitting quietly was what looked like an angel, tall, filled with light and beautiful muted colors that seemed alive with consciousness. "It's time for you to go," he said, and stood up. He raised his hand and seemed to activate a portal with his energy. The energy/light that enveloped him seemed to communicate telepathically with me. He stepped into the portal and i reluctantly entered. Below me were foul smells, sounds, and voices. I felt this horrible magnetic pull drawing me below, and I cried out in fear. The angel was calm and said simply, "Touch me." The moment i touched his arm we were traveling with great speed, and i could feel something similar to wind against me. I watched the angel's face, which was expressionless and focused ahead. His energy lit the dark tunnel and after what seemed to be a long time, i began to hear sounds, and see strange geometrical shapes fly around briefly. The tunnel began to widen and soon we could see a small opening with two beings awaiting us. My angel stopped and they all spoke to each other, making sure they were all clear on what instructions were given concerning me. A relative of mine was standing with the two angels, smiling brightly, her cheeks ruddy and her hair was gleaming. She said hello and told me she was a relative. I studied her with childlike suspicion and curiosity. I had never met her before, so to me she was a stranger. The angels stopped conversing and told me to follow them. We stepped through the portal and it disappeared. I was then able to see my surroundings. I saw gentle beauty around me, grass, trees, flowers, birds, all complete perfection with total consciousness. I marveled at how I was able to communicate with these plants, that I could somehow share their secrets. I couldnt help myself and paused to bend down to study the perfect jeweled blades of grass. They moved towards me reading my energy and suddenly i was filled with joy. In response the little blades of grass vibrated and i heard what sounded like a tiny chorus of praise in a high pitch. I was astonished and stepped back, quickly joining the three angels and my relative. I followed them until we reached a powerful being sitting on a throne. He was larger than the angels, and had such power to him that I could not make out his face entirely. He immediately addressed the angels and they began a discussion in my regard, which i could not completely understand. He then turned his attention to me and with great love asked the angel to set me upon his lap. The angel lifted me up and as I was put on his lap, I was enveloped in this being's great and powerful energy. He spoke with his mouth but also within me at the same time, so communication was completely perfect. I felt him caress my hair and this powerful love flowed throughout me, and I could not help but touch his pure white robe between my fingers. It fascinated me because the robe seemed to have consciousness and power to it. I felt like I was in a trance as he spoke deep inside me, telling me with great sadness what my fate would be if i chose to come back to my body. He told me I would have to decide, and without words i thought of my crying mother. He spoke with authority and said I chose well. He immediately called the angel to take me back and I was so reluctant to pull away from the safety of the white robes. Quick action was taken after directions were given and i was taken back to the portal. The travel back is not in my memory, only the funny "crack" i felt in my head as I returned. Soon after I was able to regain mobility and I came out with no signs of brain damage, so yay for that