Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Bellasong

Loners!

What are loners like? Besides liking to be alone a lot. what are some of the common chracteristics of loners. A man i was recently talking to, who doesn't seem shy at all and was very talkative described himself as a loner.

Love and Peace,
Bellasong
Old 16-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Master
Well I would say that I'm a loner, I have always love being alone ever since I was a kid, I never get pored, I'm always creative when I'm alone, well I just love being alone that's all.
Old 18-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Roseburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Well I would say that I'm a loner, I have always love being alone ever since I was a kid, I never get pored,

Yeah, that would be me too. I only like to hang out with four good friends and my mom. I don't feel comfortable when it's crowded and enjoy being by myself.
It's a part of my personality, and I accept and embrace that, because i like it that way. You know, I've noticed I only like to be around people that are close to me, with whom I have a bond or a few people with whom I "click".
Nothing strange, maybe you might find it that way because you are more of a people person.

Old 16-01-2011, 12:15 AM
Cherub T

I'm very honest and chatty with people. My job is making others feel good about themselves and i'm an empath too, but sometimes i need to shut off from people altogether. I used to be really shy, but my work brought me out a bit more.

I feel at the moment I'm needing time alone again, also as a child I never got bored and always found creative ways to amuse myself. Even now i can find little projects to keep myself busy with.

Yeah I feel very much a loner, i think it's my path really. Sometimes i feel lost being one, but there is also a sense of freedom too. Depends on how you look at it on that day.
Old 16-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Sundialed

in high school i made all the loners feel cool, i hung out with every single "group" in my high school and i mean absolutely every group u can think of. so for me it was easy to bring "loners" into a circle and bring light into their lives. some ppl just like to be alone which is okay and sometimes ppl are mistreated or judged which excludes them from social stuff and that's dumb, ppl are immature at times... for me though as you get older everyone is pretty accepting and welcoming of all
Old 16-01-2011, 12:39 AM
shepherd

Some loners have become a little too self important and take life too serious. They will do anything to avoid anything which may upset them as they think they cant handle emotional pain. Being in groups of people is too risky as well is having a partner, usually bad experiences from the past cause them to make sure they dont risk their emotions again and try to cocoon themselves with a false sense of security. Their social skills sometimes are poor due to lack of experience and this nervousness can create barriers as it tells other people that there is something wrong with them.

They can change this though through various techniques, learning not taking life or themselves too seriously and developing a confidence to handle the emotions they fear being at risk from.

Obviously before anyone takes this personally, this is just an observation from experience with people who class themselves as loners who don't want to be a loner any more. Not all loners are as described above, I am just mentioning one aspect of something I see on a regular basis.
Old 16-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Some loners have become a little too self important and take life too serious. They will do anything to avoid anything which may upset them as they think they cant handle emotional pain. Being in groups of people is too risky as well is having a partner, usually bad experiences from the past cause them to make sure they dont risk their emotions again and try to cocoon themselves with a false sense of security. Their social skills sometimes are poor due to lack of experience and this nervousness can create barriers as it tells other people that there is something wrong with them.

They can change this though through various techniques, learning not taking life or themselves too seriously and developing a confidence to handle the emotions they fear being at risk from.

Obviously before anyone takes this personally, this is just an observation from experience with people who class themselves as loners who don't want to be a loner any more. Not all loners are as described above, I am just mentioning one aspect of something I see on a regular basis.
Then you have those who feel that they are nothing without being in a group of people, these can be the ones who are the real loners. There is a difference in being a loner and being lonely, the lonely is who I think you mean ?.
Old 16-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Ascender

I wouldn't say I was a loner/lonely, but I prefer spending time/being by myself. I only have a small group of friends and we meet up every now and then, otherwise, I'm happy doing stuff by myself.
Old 16-01-2011, 12:59 AM
dogninja

I am a stray dog. However, my friends have helped me view people differently. I think people who would classify themselves as a "loner" may have some serious resentment issues. I was only isolated due to my behavior throughout childhood, adolescence and then became habituated.
Old 16-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Master
loneness is the joy of being just yourself. It is being joyous with yourself, it is enjoying your own company. There are very few people who enjoy their own company. And it is a very strange world: nobody enjoys his company and everybody wants others to enjoy his company! If they don't enjoy he feels insulted -- and alone he feels disgusted with himself. In fact, if YOU cannot enjoy your own company, who else is going to enjoy it?
The aloneness is total and complete. Not loneliness but aloneness. Loneliness is always concerned with others; aloneness is concerned with oneself. osho