Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-05-2019, 09:52 PM
Master

Hi IA John. Yes, I considered myself to be a survivor and a victim. Now I am neither.

I read somewhere that the only thing we have to overcome in any incarnation is what is in our own back yard. I have done that and much more. I am very proud of myself for my accomplishments. Not that I put myself on a pedestal but I came into this world a much less spiritual person than I am now.

And I know it's not over yet. I have several more mountains to climb before I am ready to go home.

That A+ I spoke of in my last post was only in the spiritual subject, lol. I get quite a few C's and D's in people skill, anger management, self love, etc.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:33 PM
Suspended
Who can explain the Buddhist monks suicide by burning themselves alive in the 70's?
Old 04-05-2019, 12:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
Who can explain the Buddhist monks suicide by burning themselves alive in the 70's?

Was he protesting?
Old 04-05-2019, 03:37 PM
ketzer

I believe the experiences we have in this life are created by our own consciousness and are designed to help us grow and understand at a higher deeper level. Yes the suffering we endure may seem intense, but our soul seeks out these experiences for the growth that may ultimately come of them. Tenth grade may be tough, but if we don't tough it out and learn what we need to learn, we don't get to go on to eleventh grade...so to speak. Suicide is like dropping out halfway through the year. Eventually we realize we need to go back and try again, and again, and again, until we learn what it is we need to learn. The only way to get beyond the fire is to go through it and have its lessons burned into our souls.
Old 04-05-2019, 08:35 PM
Master

Quote:

That was a completely different situation.

For the Buddhist monks it was an act of protest against events in Vietnam, and demonstrated their detachment from the physical body.

This is quite different from someone who kills themself because they cannot cope with life and its burdens, and they hope that death will somehow solve all their problems.

Peace.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Suspended
I would like to stay open minded so I'm asking myself why it is OK for a Buddhist monk to commit suicide to protest a "greater cause" than that of an individual that is protesting personal matters.
BTW I'm not promoting suicide!
Old 05-05-2019, 12:34 PM
ketzer

Quote:
I would like to stay open minded so I'm asking myself why it is OK for a Buddhist monk to commit suicide to protest a "greater cause" than that of an individual that is protesting personal matters.
BTW I'm not promoting suicide!

I am not sure what is OK or not when it comes to suicide, but there may be a difference here. The monk assumidly is not trying to escape suffering arising from unresolved personal karma, while the individual may be. I don't use karma here in the crime and punishment sense, but instead in the sense of unresolved issues or lac of understanding. Commiting suicide to avoid suffering that arises as we try to resolve our karmas is useless. We will only have to recreate the situations that are causing our suffering in another life to work through them.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Suspended
Is it possible that suicide is part of karma? also karma of the monk? was he forced by circumstances? I don't think that he was happy and full of joy at that moment.
I assume suicide isn't a pretty experience and because of a point of no return a lot of people die, if it was possible most suicide victims would change their mind in the last fraction of the last second.

Last edited by Taking a Break : 05-05-2019 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 08:52 PM
Administrator
I Have seen people who say that they are going to commit suicide.do nothing about it sometimes it can be a cry for help.
the ones who in my experience have commited suicide have not spoken about it.

Namaste
Old 05-05-2019, 09:55 PM
Suspended
Hi Native spirit,

Sometimes I still think about those poor victims that jumped out of the Twin Tower buildings and I try to visualize myself in such a position to understand their decision.
Their options to die were:
Suffocate from the smoke.
Burn alive.
Falling debris
Jumping out of the building (as a reflex when in danger)

The victims were trapped and in a panic, they had no other options at that moment, I assume they were forced to "commit suicide" by jumping out of the building.
Was that part of karma?

BTW I hope that smart/intelligent people have already developed or invented techniques or equipment to escape/save (yourself) when trapped in a burning skyscraper.

Is it possible that victims who (consiously) plan their suicide are also forced to do suicide?
Is it possible a suicide spirit is trying to manipulate/force/misled the OP?