Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 30-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Mick in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
....do not think that I have anything against Christianity. I believe all religions are a way on the path of spirituality and many things can be learnt by studying their religious texts and histories.

Is it best to study religions that don't have the Son of God in them?
Old 30-08-2006, 06:59 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick in England
Is it best to study religions that don't have the Son of God in them?

Hi Mick In England, I'm not sure as to whether you are being sarcastic there or not. Regardless, should you be so inclined, study all religions for each have their own truths.
Old 30-08-2006, 07:05 PM
Mick in England

How many truths are there in the universe, one truth or many truths?
Old 30-08-2006, 07:25 PM
kundalini

Quote:
How many truths are there in the universe, one truth or many truths?

That is a matter of perspective.
Old 30-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Deactivated Account
and opinion
Old 30-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Mick in England

Ah but "perspective and opinion" are just human guesses and opinion without any solid backup.
By contrast, Christians have the 66 books of the Bible to back them up, they're a chronicle of humankinds close encounters with a divine entity (God) over several thousand years, surely they can't all be wrong?

Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy Joshua Judges Ruth 1 Samuel 2 Samuel 1 Kings 2 Kings 1 Chronicles 2 Chronicles Ezra Nehemiah Esther Job Psalms Proverbs Ecclesiastes Song of Solomon Isaiah Jeremiah Lamentations Ezekiel Daniel Hosea Joel Amos Obadiah Jonah Micah Nahum Habakkuk Zephaniah Haggai Zecharia Malachi Matthew Mark Luke John The Acts Romans 1 Corinthians 2 Corinthians Galatians Ephesians Phillipians Colossians 1 Thessalonians 2 Thessalonians 1 Timothy 2 Timothy Titus Philemon Hebrews James 1 Peter 2 Peter 1 John 2 John 3 John Jude Revelation
Old 30-08-2006, 08:50 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Ah but "perspective and opinion" are just human guesses and opinion without any solid backup.
By contrast, Christians have the 66 books of the Bible to back them up, they're a chronicle of humankinds close encounters with a divine entity (God) over several thousand years, surely they can't all be wrong?

Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy Joshua Judges Ruth 1 Samuel 2 Samuel 1 Kings 2 Kings 1 Chronicles 2 Chronicles Ezra Nehemiah Esther Job Psalms Proverbs Ecclesiastes Song of Solomon Isaiah Jeremiah Lamentations Ezekiel Daniel Hosea Joel Amos Obadiah Jonah Micah Nahum Habakkuk Zephaniah Haggai Zecharia Malachi Matthew Mark Luke John The Acts Romans 1 Corinthians 2 Corinthians Galatians Ephesians Phillipians Colossians 1 Thessalonians 2 Thessalonians 1 Timothy 2 Timothy Titus Philemon Hebrews James 1 Peter 2 Peter 1 John 2 John 3 John Jude Revelation

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Whilst the bible does act in this manner, it is not say that other people's views do not count simply because they are not Christian. I believe there are aspects to the Bible that are totally correct in what they say whilst there are other parts which I find to be fantasy rather than reality. There is 'good' and 'bad' in all things.
Old 30-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Deactivated Account
ever heard of chinese whispers? no one can say for sure the bible is 100% accurate either, it's about belief and faith, religion isn't it, i don't know anyone who has met god either therefore in my eyes he cant be proved and backed up either but millions beleive in him i'm not having a pop at you by the way i just have strong feelings on this
Old 30-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Mick in England

Jesus's credentials were pretty good you know ;)..
For a start his arrival was foretold centuries before just as he said, - "All things about me in the law of Moses,the Prophets and the Psalms,must be fulfilled" (Luke 24:44)

And when he arrived he didn't skulk in some underground hideout, he travelled all over Israel for 3 long years in front of the people and the occupying Roman Army, that's a lot of eyewitnesses -
Old 30-08-2006, 10:19 PM
kundalini

Mick In England, I seriously believe that not one member at this forum so far as turned around and said that they do not believe in Jesus. I for my part know he existed and I know he was a powerful spiritual man.
Closed Thread