Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 28-10-2011, 06:49 AM
duckstar

if i believe in spirits do i have to believe in god?

Im at a real crossroads at the moment, i really dont know what to think. I believe in spirits, hauntings, ghosts and i also believe in other beings not of our planet. I was told recently by a lady i know who is deeply religeous that there are no spirits or ghosts and if someone claims to have seen a ghost then what they really saw was a demon, i found this really hard to take as im not a believer in god, jesus or the bible but perhaps that they go hand in hand, can there be spirits without a god? I would love all your opinions.
Old 28-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Master
just don't believe in anything and you can't go wrong.
Old 28-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Wanderer

What you should first realize is that "God" is not an individual being as mainstream religions believe, but rather a force or energy of which all things in the universe are a part of. So in that sense, all spirits, whether incarnate as a living being or having passed on, are all part of "God", so the answer to your question is both yes and no, depending on how you look at it.

As for what that lady told you, that is absolutely false. Spirits/ghosts are very real, and most aren't "demons" as she believes. People are just naturally afraid of what they don't understand.

Hope this helps.
Old 28-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckstar
Im at a real crossroads at the moment, i really dont know what to think. I believe in spirits, hauntings, ghosts and i also believe in other beings not of our planet. I was told recently by a lady i know who is deeply religeous that there are no spirits or ghosts and if someone claims to have seen a ghost then what they really saw was a demon, i found this really hard to take as im not a believer in god, jesus or the bible but perhaps that they go hand in hand, can there be spirits without a god? I would love all your opinions.
Yup, there can be a belief in spirits without a belief in a god or creator deity.
Old 28-10-2011, 06:32 PM
SLeigh

I agree with Wanderer. Continue exploring the things that interest you and you will discover what you believe in.
Old 28-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Master
Quote:

Do you have to believe in anything? No. You don't. Believe in what you've found to be true, not what someone else tells you is true. You can listen to what they have to say if you want, take notes, see if it works for you. Dismissing anything out of hand isn't a great way to go imo but taking your time and finding out what's right (or isn't) for you will not steer you wrong.

Old 28-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Administrator
I believe in the great spirit.i too have come across misguided ppl who say all spirits are demons. thats their belief not mine. stay true to yourself then the answer will come to you,

Namaste
Old 29-10-2011, 01:49 AM
duckstar

Thanks you so much for the advice, yes i need to be true to what i believe, i have been talking with my guide for some years now and dont believe im talking to a demon, she really shook me but i guesse that religous people that want to convert you are trained to do that
Old 29-10-2011, 02:09 AM
Master
Quote:

I find this intriguing as the answer this religious person gave you seems to be a contradiction of itself. She claims there are no ghosts or spirits but then says there is demons. What would that make a demon? A human since there are no spirits or ghosts..

Saying there is no ghosts for a religious person kind of is confusing since they talk of the holy ghost which is, a spirit.

To answer your question can you believe in spirits and not of God? I suppose that is up to the person. No one can tell you what to believe. If you believe in ghost and no god then that is fine.

I know of some that do just that. Though they usually have a belief of source.
Old 29-10-2011, 02:25 AM
nightowl

Yes, I believe you can. In religious belief in spirits at least from a Christian perspective about spirits being demons kind of goes like this;

Demons are fallen angels. Satan is a fallen angel it is believed that his job is to deceive those who don't know the 'truth'. It is often taught that these spirits and ghost are just demons in disguise. They will use the following verses to support this teaching;

2 Corinthians 11:14

No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Galatians 1:8

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

Ephesians 6:12

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

So naturally if she is a Christian she will believe the scriptures she adheres to and the teachings of her leaders as to what they mean. As for you, beleive what feel right to your spirit. It is not necessary for anyone to take on another teachings or beliefs and especially if they are based in fear.