Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-11-2018, 08:34 AM
Guide
Hi Mr G,

What a week! I’ve had two days off work to do some DIY and other chores as well as relaxing, although there doesn’t seem to be much relaxing happening, too much to do.

Quote:
Even in the worst of weathers there is always sunshine in my heart, and above the clouds the sun is never obscured. It's an opportunity to practice my indomitable Spirit.

That’s a lovely ability to have.

Quote:
I have a 1TB external hard drive and anything I need to transfer over to another computer is simply copied onto there. Bookmarks are exported and the rest is a straight copy so it's a lot less palaver. I like simple and easy.

I’ve also got a couple of external hard drives. I’ve actually got two laptops; one for documents, music, photos etc only and not linked up to the internet and another for the net only, both running Windows 7.

Quote:
That's one of the signs of being an Old Soul, doing your own thing regardless.

Wished I known that years ago, I’ve always been accused of ‘going your own sweet way’ and it landing me in trouble - especially in the face of ‘authority’!

Quote:
It's in that space where it becomes really interesting. There are times when I've not needed to express anything, the other person just knows because they've been there. It's the look that Sam and Frodo have between them when they arrive back in Rivendell. It sets people apart yet creates another layer of understanding.

Ah yes, LOTR. I’m actually watching the Harry Potter films on a Saturday night, just love that series and the first two in particular are just magical. Even though I’m not a huge fan of autumn/winter, the darkening evenings with fireworks going off outside, is the perfect time to watch them.

I may well do a similar re-visit with Lord of the Rings. The Fellowship of the Ring (my favourite of the three) also holds magic.

Quote:
I mean in the Life before time, the one that you haven't connected with as yet. You have never been on your own, even when you were totally alone

Do you mean life between lives? That time before you come down to the earth plane? I know we’re not alone, but I do feel alone. I’ve always felt a strong sense of being alone (I don’t mean being lonely which is different). But being alone as in my likes, desires, views being different from the crowd. That aloneness has become more keen since my parents have gone, I rarely speak to my brother (my fault, I know, because I am ***p at picking up the phone)

Quote:
I still haven't found a way to connect you to 'that Life, the one from before time and in a way it's so damned frustrating lol. Yeah I know, it'll happen when it's ready if ever

Sorry about that, I don’t like to be the source of anyone’s frustration. Perhaps if you could give me some information about it, it may strike a chord.

Quote:
But I have to admit, it's a cool feeling just the same, that you have that capability.

I’d not thought of it as a capability, I’m sure looking back that I pick up on the collective unconscious more than I have realised. I wouldn't describe that particular experience as pleasant.

Quote:
. This is where the understanding of how the Vesica Pisces and the overlapping spheres of consciousness comes into play. If I had never replied to this thread perhaps you would never have met Matt. I'm not taking credit for that but using it as an illustration. I'm not sure how you could quantify meeting Matt but it happened anyway in the 'eye' where our two circles overlap.

I know, I often think that if I hadn’t have joined this forum, I wouldn’t have linked up with you and I wouldn’t have met Matt. A real changer on both accounts. Thing is for me, I haven’t joined that many forums, a couple of practical ones like a windows seven forum. But forums aren’t usually my type of thing because I know my views / opinions / knowledge are not ‘of the majority’.

Quote:
At this time of year many people have a psychological disorder called Seasonal Adjustment Disorder. It actually comes fro the collective subconsciousness, would you believe 'Back in the day' the onset of autumn and subsequently winter badly affected our distant ancestors. To them winter was Life or death, very literally.

I think I do get the seasonal adjustment disorder. Once I get into the autumn/winter and a routine, I can tolerate it and even find the occasional good thing, like the aforementioned film watching. So when the clocks change again, and the lighter nights come in, I’m then sort of grieving for the loss of that stuff, so I feel I can’t win! But yes, I hadn’t thought about the impact of winter on our distant ancestors and the collective unconscious (again!).

Quote:
Your dreams are your subconscious mind trying to communicate with you, but your subconsciousness can only use the surreal and symbolisms to communicate. You can learn things from your ex-partners, more of then than not they were their for just that reason. The drains are blocked because your mind is blocked and you still need to flush your old paradigms that no longer serve you. Not being able to find your car is not being able to find something that will move you forwards, retracing your steps is retrospection and painting the castors is differentiating aspects of your consciousness.

Thank you for all that, that’s really insightful and feels kind of on the money. I shall have to tell you about the repetitive dream of my teens/twenties at some point.

Quote:
If you imagine how that conversation would go?

I knew you were going to ask me that! To be honest, I wouldn’t want to try and pre-empt it because I know I wouldn’t do it justice.

But …. that comment led to doing some in-depth dowsing last Sunday evening and amongst various questions, I asked, do I have the same level of trauma from the experience in my physical body now as five years ago? And it gave me a huge ‘no’. I checked a few times, re-phrasing the question but each time it gave the same answer. And it is true that although I still have the symptoms as a result of the trauma, they are slightly less, very slightly, but it is noticeable. This reduction, according to dowsing, is a result of the impact of Matt’s teachings alongside ascension.

And following that, during the week I had the most extraordinary experience. I woke up one night at 3 am precisely and instantly started thinking (in that semi-sleep mode) about the trauma. And I suddenly heard Matt’s voice in my head, crystal clear, ‘try these words out loud’ and I just went along with it, repeating the words, each time saying what was arising in my body after each section. And then there would be a new ‘repeat after me.’

In the cold light of day, I don’t remember what was said exactly, there was much about releasing the trauma, being set free, breathing easily. But one phrase I do remember clearly (because I was thinking at the same time this is amazing / where’s this coming from!) ….. “the experience does not define you and you are not defined by the experience.” I do wonder if that was my imagination, my guides, my higher self – but it was Matt’s voice. A pretty cool experience.

Quote:
You're spending time with her, you're showing her the patience without - hopefully - bopping her one on the nose for being so damned frustrating. That's something that you can't buy.

I am actually very patient with her, it wouldn’t occur to me to be anything else. It’s good for me too to be able to talk and share as she Is interested and it’s also a signpost to me as I can hear myself talking about it and checking to see if I think it makes sense, is there a better way of putting it, how is she reacting. If nothing else, I get very enthused about it all (which is a rarity for me anyway) so she is able to see the impact it has on me, which may be enough.

Quote:
In a curious twist in the tale the CT results came back. They're not sure what it actually is so they're going to schedule a biopsy to find out what's really going on. Apparently it's not attached to any major organs after all so at least no part of my gubbins isn't going to be affected. So, it might well be an alien of unknown origin and I'll know I'm in trouble when Sigourney Weaver appears. They don't know how they're going to progress for the time being, they might just cut it out or it might be radio/chemotherapy. I've been talking to my brother about it because he knows a lot of this medical marijuana and CBD oil stuff, and what he's saying for now is that I need more info before even thinking about it otherwise it can have detrimental effects.

A very curious twist. It’s good that it’s not attached to any organs, as I would assume it would be easier for it to be removed, but they need to establish what it is so they can extract it safely. If that was me, I would ask them to remove it; chemo is so damaging as it takes the good as well as the bad. I agree with your brother though, I wouldn’t go down the marijuana stage as you need to know what you’re dealing with. But if it’s not malignant and not attached to any organs, I would have thought straightforward removal would be the choice. Before agreeing to chemo, if it comes to that, I would encourage you to do much research so you’re aware of all the facts.

Quote:
What's going through my mind is the heep's Beautiful Dream from Return to Fantasy, because in many was right now it is a beautiful dream. Nobody knows my name because there are no names to know.

That came on my MP3 player just last Sunday and it strikes me how some of Heep’s lyrics become so meaningful in a different way as you get older.

Patrycia
Old 11-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
Hi Mr G,

What a week! I’ve had two days off work to do some DIY and other chores as well as relaxing, although there doesn’t seem to be much relaxing happening, too much to do.
Hey there Patrycia

"If you can't hear your breathing you're going too fast," something I stole from Matt that works quite well.

Quote:
That’s a lovely ability to have.
Thank you. It's also quite powerful in its own way and it beats the hell out of positive thinking.

Quote:
I’ve also got a couple of external hard drives. I’ve actually got two laptops; one for documents, music, photos etc only and not linked up to the internet and another for the net only, both running Windows 7.
Mrs G and I download all kinds of series that we binge watch, it's nice to sit down and do a couple of episodes and a meal after work. The only trouble is that they take up a huge amount of room.

Quote:
Wished I known that years ago, I’ve always been accused of ‘going your own sweet way’ and it landing me in trouble - especially in the face of ‘authority’!
And would it have made you more accepting of authority? Like me, I think you would have gone your own sweet way regardless and your own nature would have been the motivator.

Quote:
Ah yes, LOTR. I’m actually watching the Harry Potter films on a Saturday night, just love that series and the first two in particular are just magical. Even though I’m not a huge fan of autumn/winter, the darkening evenings with fireworks going off outside, is the perfect time to watch them.

I may well do a similar re-visit with Lord of the Rings. The Fellowship of the Ring (my favourite of the three) also holds magic.
I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan being honest although I will watch it if Mrs G has it on. We used to have Sundays where we'd sit with the kids and a coffee table of munchies and watch the three LOTR on the trot. Always something new with them. The Hobbit doesn't quite do that but it's amazing just the same. It's interesting when you watch them again, for the first time.

Quote:
Do you mean life between lives? That time before you come down to the earth plane? I know we’re not alone, but I do feel alone. I’ve always felt a strong sense of being alone (I don’t mean being lonely which is different). But being alone as in my likes, desires, views being different from the crowd. That aloneness has become more keen since my parents have gone, I rarely speak to my brother (my fault, I know, because I am ***p at picking up the phone)
I mean the time before time itself existed, prior to the Big Bang. Not fitting in and feeling alone/very singular is a 'symptom' of being an Old Soul. Apparently Old Souls never fully integrate into this dimension and that gives them the 'alone/don't fit' feeling. At the moment I feel as though I'm disconnecting or cutting ties with people in this Life, and it's been happening for a couple of years. At first I was concerned that I was isolating myself but it feels more like a stepping back. It's kind of eerie in some ways how the energy plays itself out into the physical..

[quote=Patrycia-Rose]Sorry about that, I don’t like to be the source of anyone’s frustration. Perhaps if you could give me some information about it, it may strike a chord.[/quote[It's OK, there's no frustration really and it's interesting more than anything else. If it's going to happen it'll happen in its own sweet time, it's just that sometimes as you write I'll pick up on the odd few words that look as though they have an LED light on behind them.It's really weird. I was reading what you were saying earlier in the post about your being a rebel and the vision of you there came slamming into my mind. Kinda like one of those 'when you were a baby...' things.

Quote:
I’d not thought of it as a capability, I’m sure looking back that I pick up on the collective unconscious more than I have realised. I wouldn't describe that particular experience as pleasant.
It can be a double-edged sword some of it, while it's great to have that capability tapping into it brings its own 'dangers'. While the discussion of 'We Are One' and collective consciousness might be cool we're a long way off from being able to experience it.

Quote:
I know, I often think that if I hadn’t have joined this forum, I wouldn’t have linked up with you and I wouldn’t have met Matt. A real changer on both accounts. Thing is for me, I haven’t joined that many forums, a couple of practical ones like a windows seven forum. But forums aren’t usually my type of thing because I know my views / opinions / knowledge are not ‘of the majority’.
It's really interesting how things play themselves out often-times, and sometimes I think "What are the odds?" Perhaps not knowing is a part of the Child Inside's wonderings and mysteries. It's cool whatever it is, and in many ways it's a blessing to be a part of that.

I knew fine well I was going to be an outcast on this forum because of the energies, I can often feel them coming off the page. I'm still at loggerheads with a couple of the members and some I'll talk to with gritted teeth, but it's when I come across people like yourself that makes it all worth it. There are a few diamonds in the rough, a few very beautiful Souls. It's like everything else, there's always something to be gained in the interaction. I get the feeling that what I'm gaining here has something to do with my next existence, and no I'm not even going to ask. It's an intuitive feeling that there's a purpose behind it.

Quote:
I think I do get the seasonal adjustment disorder. Once I get into the autumn/winter and a routine, I can tolerate it and even find the occasional good thing, like the aforementioned film watching. So when the clocks change again, and the lighter nights come in, I’m then sort of grieving for the loss of that stuff, so I feel I can’t win! But yes, I hadn’t thought about the impact of winter on our distant ancestors and the collective unconscious (again!).
OK, so what's with anther whammy on the collective consciousness? One I can understand but two in the same post? And not just talking about it but bringing the experience into your awareness?

This area has a long history of farming and fishing, although the fishing industry has been decimated. People have been connected to nature all their Lives and even though their history isn't in farming or fishing they're still very much connected with nature in the passing of the seasonal weather. Always just after the clocks go back people express a feeling of being down in the dumps that lasts for around a week or so. Even if you have little connection to nature you can't help but notice the days getting shorter and thoughts of Chrimbo creeping in.

Quote:
Thank you for all that, that’s really insightful and feels kind of on the money. I shall have to tell you about the repetitive dream of my teens/twenties at some point.
You're very welcome and I have no idea where any of that come from. Actually I have. I wouldn't mind hearing about your recurring dream, and it's reminded me that I used to have one but I don't remember what it was.

Quote:
I knew you were going to ask me that! To be honest, I wouldn’t want to try and pre-empt it because I know I wouldn’t do it justice.

But …. that comment led to doing some in-depth dowsing last Sunday evening and amongst various questions, I asked, do I have the same level of trauma from the experience in my physical body now as five years ago? And it gave me a huge ‘no’. I checked a few times, re-phrasing the question but each time it gave the same answer. And it is true that although I still have the symptoms as a result of the trauma, they are slightly less, very slightly, but it is noticeable. This reduction, according to dowsing, is a result of the impact of Matt’s teachings alongside ascension.

And following that, during the week I had the most extraordinary experience. I woke up one night at 3 am precisely and instantly started thinking (in that semi-sleep mode) about the trauma. And I suddenly heard Matt’s voice in my head, crystal clear, ‘try these words out loud’ and I just went along with it, repeating the words, each time saying what was arising in my body after each section. And then there would be a new ‘repeat after me.’

In the cold light of day, I don’t remember what was said exactly, there was much about releasing the trauma, being set free, breathing easily. But one phrase I do remember clearly (because I was thinking at the same time this is amazing / where’s this coming from!) ….. “the experience does not define you and you are not defined by the experience.” I do wonder if that was my imagination, my guides, my higher self – but it was Matt’s voice. A pretty cool experience.
The thought of not being able to do it justice tells you something about yourself, that you're judging yourself a little. Bear in mind that a lot of Matt's teachings are very fresh in your mind and it's one thing to know but something else again to put across your own understanding. The only thing you really need to thing about is your intentions for expressing anything, other than that it can be interesting to take mental notes on how your understanding changes. It's not about doing it justice it's about your understanding in the moment.

Usually the subconscious mind does its own thing in the background, but the subconscious is an amazing bit of kit. Any decision you make you don't really make, it's all done in your subconscious 'committee' and 300ms later you become conscious of it. If you think about what you think about in any decision, there are always a number of factors involved - like it or not one of them is emotion and another can be past experience. In that semi-asleep mode there's a kind of balance that happens as you become more conscious of your subconscious, and the two aren't sulking with each other. So one of two things is happening here. One is that your conscious mind is simply repeating what Matt has said parrot-fashion, the other is that your subconscious and your conscious are talking to each other. If the latter is the case (This parrot is no more. He has ceased to be. He's a stiff) then if you spend more time in that semi-conscious state you'll have access to all kinds of things about yourself.

yes it was a cool experience but also one that can open the door for something even cooler.

Tolle said that there is only the present, the future is expectation and the past is memory, and when you take that perspective a lot changes. Trauma is memory because you're not having the experience of what caused the trauma any more - and I don't want details of the cause. Your memories then consist of what happened to you and how it affected you, so if you had an injury then it limited you in some way. It came from a time when everything was not here to help you so it affected you in that context, now this is a time when everything is here to help you, to be released so you can be free. That's another level up if you like.

It would be Matt's voice because that's what you associate with the strongest. Really, vibrations are electrical signals sent to the brain and processed so there's no reason that process can't be 'hijacked' by your Guides, subconscious, Higher Self..... But then, isn't that something to be a part of?

Quote:
I am actually very patient with her, it wouldn’t occur to me to be anything else. It’s good for me too to be able to talk and share as she Is interested and it’s also a signpost to me as I can hear myself talking about it and checking to see if I think it makes sense, is there a better way of putting it, how is she reacting. If nothing else, I get very enthused about it all (which is a rarity for me anyway) so she is able to see the impact it has on me, which may be enough.
I didn't think you'd be anything less than the epitome of patience. What I was pointing out is what you're telling me here, that talking to your friend is another level of understanding for you. It's the difference between parrot-fashion and actually understanding what you're talking about. Einstein said that if you can explain it simply you know what you're talking about. The rest I could say about it you have nailed down anyway, but what it can give you is another level of consciousness.

Make your enthusiasm work for you, it's energy after all an you can focus that. Use it to watch her reactions, what's going through your own mind and how the process is working. If you can hit it just right you can step outside of that dynamic - and it is an energy dynamic - and experience something very different.

See, you are infectious. We are carbon-based Life forms, which means we have in-built antennae that transmit and receive signals all the time - like when you think your colleague isn't happy with themselves? Your heart sends out a 360degree pulse every time it beats, it's low-level but it's measurable. The body is tuned into that frequency and we can pick up on other people's energies. Everyone has the potential. The question is not if you're making any sense to your friend or not, the question is what energies are you sending out? I know your intentions are to send out only the best you can, but the question is what are the best energies for your friend? 'Technically' what you say might go over her head and if your friend has self esteem issues, that won't help. Are you trying to get her to understand what Matt has said or are you trying to raise her vibrations? And if you're doing that what is the best way? Perhaps laying the ground would be the best favour you could give her, considering she's probably feeling out of her depth because of what she's tried to understand in the past.

It's quite possible that your friend feels inadequate in this particular aspect of her Life. The other thing is what are the reasons she's interested in Spirituality? Generally, most people are trying to find either answers or an escape because they can't find it inside themselves.

Quote:
A very curious twist. It’s good that it’s not attached to any organs, as I would assume it would be easier for it to be removed, but they need to establish what it is so they can extract it safely. If that was me, I would ask them to remove it; chemo is so damaging as it takes the good as well as the bad. I agree with your brother though, I wouldn’t go down the marijuana stage as you need to know what you’re dealing with. But if it’s not malignant and not attached to any organs, I would have thought straightforward removal would be the choice. Before agreeing to chemo, if it comes to that, I would encourage you to do much research so you’re aware of all the facts.
One of the things I'm going through at the moment is not becoming too involved emotionally, although it has been very difficult admittedly. I am a very emotional person at the best of times so this is..... I don't know if it gets any more emotional. What I refuse to do is to think of the ifs. the buts and the maybes because if my head is full of that nonsense it won't be able to deal with what does happen.

The chemotherapy and radiotherapy can be just as damaging if not worse. What Mrs G's freaking out about right now is that her husband died under similar circumstances. He has cancer, it went well then one day it literally exploded inside him. The doctor said that the chemo/radio can do that, as well as - as you say - beat the hell out of the other organs.

The ultrasound said it was attached to the liver and pancreas, and that it was malignant. The CT scan is saying that it's not attached to any organs but they're not sure what it is as yet, so while there's good news there's also more 'wait and see', which hopefully the biopsy will clear up. I'm hoping that after the biopsy someone can sit me down and tell me what's going on. Perhaps it will be a straightforward hack it out with a plastic spoon, in which case I'm OK with that and I'll heal come time. The chemo is a different story again though, because there's really no telling what effect it might have. It can have anything from curing it and being a pain to making the damned lump explode - and the doctor said that was a possibility they couldn't rule out. If it's not cancer then.....

Quote:
That came on my MP3 player just last Sunday and it strikes me how some of Heep’s lyrics become so meaningful in a different way as you get older.

Patrycia
In some ways the meaning remains the same, only in a different context. I still connect to the whole idea of sailing own the stream and all that, just in a slightly different way. What it does though is highlight that no matter how much things change, they stay the same.
Old 18-11-2018, 08:33 AM
Guide
Hi Mr G

Quote:
"If you can't hear your breathing you're going too fast," something I stole from Matt that works quite well.

Isn't that wonderful, a few clicks of a mouse and I know that this quote came from The Secret of Spiritual Success and the context was: " If you’re not aware of your breath in any activity, you’re going too fast. Enlightenment opens in a being who demonstrates relaxation, not a rush of activity or pursuing spiritual goals."

And on this front it made me quite tearful to recollect this because I feel in some sort of disconnect at the moment. Work has been so busy, just manic, on top of a day out for training, getting my car MOT'd and serviced, some DIY which I hope to finish this morning, it's just all go, I'm constantly shattered, I've got little time to study and when I do I can't concentrate. I keep selecting 'shadow' cards from all my decks, I'm into some sort of weird phase of some sort.

Quote:
And would it have made you more accepting of authority? Like me, I think you would have gone your own sweet way regardless and your own nature would have been the motivator.

I think it would have let me understand why I had such a problem with authority but yes, I would have carried on regardless.

Quote:
I'm not much of a Harry Potter fan being honest although I will watch it if Mrs G has it on. We used to have Sundays where we'd sit with the kids and a coffee table of munchies and watch the three LOTR on the trot. Always something new with them. The Hobbit doesn't quite do that but it's amazing just the same. It's interesting when you watch them again, for the first time.

The Hobbit films took me years to get to watch, because I knew they weren’t going to be as magical as the originals. Like the original Star Wars films, nothing can match them. I have no inclination to watch the latest saga.

Quote:
At the moment I feel as though I'm disconnecting or cutting ties with people in this Life, and it's been happening for a couple of years. At first I was concerned that I was isolating myself but it feels more like a stepping back. It's kind of eerie in some ways how the energy plays itself out into the physical..

I can completely identify with that. My parents have gone and I do have a brother who I get along well with. He doesn’t live near me at all. Trouble is I like to email him and he hates emailing as he does it all day at work and prefers to speak on the phone. And I hate speaking on the phone cos I do it during the day and when I get home I can’t cope with the phone going, so it’s turned off constantly, so hence there’s not too much communication. I do think about him a lot though. I have a cousin who I speak to several times a year. So I seem to have drifted into a situation of being disconnected, but at the same time, it also seems a very natural place for me to be. I know I’m meant to be on my own, simply because if I wasn’t, I would be with someone.

Quote:
OK, so what's with anther whammy on the collective consciousness? One I can understand but two in the same post? And not just talking about it but bringing the experience into your awareness?
Well the first one was about my experience of the cars. And you explained about seasonal adjustment disorder coming from our ancestors and their way of life. I have heard Matt talk about the collective unconscious many times and although I understood intellectually I had not had a direct experience or anything I was aware that was a direct experience, until the car situation. Now you explaining about a seasonal adjustment disorder and me picking up on this through the collective unconscious is bringing it into my awareness and experience.

I have heard Matt, on several occasions, talk about the importance of setting an intention as a way of not being pulled into the collective unconscious. This was something I wanted to go back and watch again but have not at the time because I am busy studying his online course and I have only got up to lesson number 4 out of 10. There are a number of videos to watch within each lesson so with work and chores and everything else in between, it is taking me some time to go through it. But I imagine it will be the perfect thing over the long cold winter weekends ahead.

Quote:
You're very welcome and I have no idea where any of that come from. Actually I have. I wouldn't mind hearing about your recurring dream, and it's reminded me that I used to have one but I don't remember what it was.

It was war time and I was in a military vehicle with other soldiers being taken off to fight. We were dropped off in a large open and flat field. Before we could take any action, we were besieged by the enemy who were shooting everyone dead with machine guns. I could see soldiers just dropping dead to the ground around me. I thought the only way I’m going to survive this is by pretending to be dead so I lay face down on the ground holding my breath. A man literally stopped beside me and I could feel the pressure growing to breath but after a few moments he walked away. I lay there for many minutes, too terrified to move but gradually I opened my eyes and slowly got up. It was completely silent; I was the only one alive, everyone else around me was dead.

I used to have that dream in my teens and into my twenties, always exactly the same.

Quote:
One is that your conscious mind is simply repeating what Matt has said parrot-fashion, the other is that your subconscious and your conscious are talking to each other. If the latter is the case (This parrot is no more. He has ceased to be. He's a stiff) then if you spend more time in that semi-conscious state you'll have access to all kinds of things about yourself.

It definitely wasn’t parrot-fashion because I’d not heard him say those specific words, in that order and also there was a part of my mind that was answering and interacting as I was asked ‘what are you feeling now’ so it was completely spontaneous with the conscious part of my mind interacting.

That state is also when I can have a conversation with my guides without some part of my mind interrupting.

I have also for the last few weeks been seeing the words ‘black and white’ with a gold infinity symbol and the words ‘black and white has started’.

Quote:
Trauma is memory because you're not having the experience of what caused the trauma any more - and I don't want details of the cause. Your memories then consist of what happened to you and how it affected you, so if you had an injury then it limited you in some way. It came from a time when everything was not here to help you so it affected you in that context, now this is a time when everything is here to help you, to be released so you can be free. That's another level up if you like.

I may be released from it on an emotional level, which I do feel very differently about it. But the physical body still has some way to go.

Quote:
It would be Matt's voice because that's what you associate with the strongest. Really, vibrations are electrical signals sent to the brain and processed so there's no reason that process can't be 'hijacked' by your Guides, subconscious, Higher Self..... But then, isn't that something to be a part of?

Yep, I must admit it was a pretty spectacular experience.

Quote:
I know your intentions are to send out only the best you can, but the question is what are the best energies for your friend? 'Technically' what you say might go over her head and if your friend has self esteem issues, that won't help. Are you trying to get her to understand what Matt has said or are you trying to raise her vibrations? And if you're doing that what is the best way? Perhaps laying the ground would be the best favour you could give her, considering she's probably feeling out of her depth because of what she's tried to understand in the past.

Both I would say; I have helped her though because I do understand / know about the sorts of questions she’s asking and that I have the answers and that does help her to see the bigger picture.

There’s also a lovely man I meet when I’m out walking at lunch time, it’s quite remarkable. He’s in his 90s and in an automated wheelchair. We always stop and speak and I don’t know how we got onto the subject, but I find this happens a lot with me, we ended up speaking about spiritual matters and he says it’s something he’s never considered but I’ve told him so much about the ins and outs of all things spiritual, pointing out things that he’s experienced like the aroma of his deceased wife’s perfume that wasn’t his imagination, it’s her way of her letting him know she’s around. He’s so interested in it all, I’ve got him watching Tony Stockwell on youtube and he’s taking it all in and asks me loads of questions. It’s quite incredible really and I’m sure that somehow, all this information I’m giving him it’ll come in useful at some point to him. I just feel there’s a specific reason why we’re having these conversations.

Quote:
The chemotherapy and radiotherapy can be just as damaging if not worse. What Mrs G's freaking out about right now is that her husband died under similar circumstances. He has cancer, it went well then one day it literally exploded inside him. The doctor said that the chemo/radio can do that, as well as - as you say - beat the hell out of the other organs.

The ultrasound said it was attached to the liver and pancreas, and that it was malignant. The CT scan is saying that it's not attached to any organs but they're not sure what it is as yet, so while there's good news there's also more 'wait and see', which hopefully the biopsy will clear up. I'm hoping that after the biopsy someone can sit me down and tell me what's going on. Perhaps it will be a straightforward hack it out with a plastic spoon, in which case I'm OK with that and I'll heal come time. The chemo is a different story again though, because there's really no telling what effect it might have. It can have anything from curing it and being a pain to making the damned lump explode - and the doctor said that was a possibility they couldn't rule out. If it's not cancer then....

I’m sorry to hear that about Mrs G, that must be really difficult for her to be dealing with a similar situation.

I know chemo is really hard on the body but I hadn’t heard about the 'exploding' possibility before. I know a woman who had cancer and she went down the alternative route with a plant remedy and I’ve been trying for weeks to remember what it was and then as chance would have it, it one day it appeared on the Mercola website.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...treatment.aspx

I’m not suggesting this for you but it does show you there are so many things out there, different options, there’s always more than one way.

So, time for a quick coffee and then launch myself into the DIY! What's making me feel better is listening to this - from the album Aquostic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gr7FzO5aJQ

Patrycia
Old 18-11-2018, 02:37 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Hi Mr G
And another lovely Sunday morning it is too. The Universe and I seem to be aligning even better that we did before.

Quote:
Isn't that wonderful, a few clicks of a mouse and I know that this quote came from The Secret of Spiritual Success and the context was: " If you’re not aware of your breath in any activity, you’re going too fast. Enlightenment opens in a being who demonstrates relaxation, not a rush of activity or pursuing spiritual goals."

And on this front it made me quite tearful to recollect this because I feel in some sort of disconnect at the moment. Work has been so busy, just manic, on top of a day out for training, getting my car MOT'd and serviced, some DIY which I hope to finish this morning, it's just all go, I'm constantly shattered, I've got little time to study and when I do I can't concentrate. I keep selecting 'shadow' cards from all my decks, I'm into some sort of weird phase of some sort.
Part of my reputation is being so laid back I'm horizontal, that's come from the Desiderata which I read many years ago. "Go quietly amidst the haste and noise" if I remember the quote correctly, which I don't always.

If I may say, you're a person of extremes and this is the fall-out from one of your extremes. There's been an extreme intensity for you to heal your physical ailments, this Ascension stuff has been very intense and if you can find that quote with a few mouse clicks that tells you something as well. Regardless of how Spiritual we'd like to call ourselves we really can't escape our human nature - which is what I think is happening here. You've shut yourself down because enough is enough. And while we are so Spiritual, that Spirituality is pretty much useless when our heads are full because our 'real Lives' have gone to hell in a hand basket. You are never disconnected but sometimes you take yourself by the scruff of the neck and are pointed to something else so that you can process. Someone opened the top of your skull and dumped all this stuff inside it - your whole being in fact. You've got Spiritual PTSD. Forget your cards, forget your studying and deal with what presents itself at the time, deal with what comes when it comes. Your car being MOT'd and serviced means one thing less to worry about. Manage your time at work but act mindfully rather than react, otherwise you're losing control and you 're not comfortable with that. And a training day means you're in the passenger seat for a change. Is it any benefit to having all this knowledge of Matt's at your fingertips if you're not going to use it? Tolle said the same thing - alignment is the key. Align with what is.

Quote:
I think it would have let me understand why I had such a problem with authority but yes, I would have carried on regardless.
This is a Journey to Self and everything around you reflects that so you can see it.

Quote:
The Hobbit films took me years to get to watch, because I knew they weren’t going to be as magical as the originals. Like the original Star Wars films, nothing can match them. I have no inclination to watch the latest saga.
The Hobbit and LOTR are out of time, because the Hobbit is the 'history' of LOTR. Also remember that the films are very much abbreviated version and quite a lot was missed out. There was no Tom Bombadil in the LOTR movie, which ticked me off because that was the character I most wanted to see. Personally I think the Hobbit is just as magical in its own way. One of the last of the books I read was the Silmarillion, which is a kind of Middle Earth Old Testament, but knowing the ending only made me enjoy that even more. If they carry on the series it's going to be to carry on the franchise for money, and that usually ends badly. Star wars has gone the same way though, the originals were pretty good but the offshoots are pale imitations and now it seems as though they're just trying to wring out the last drops of finances.

Quote:
I can completely identify with that. My parents have gone and I do have a brother who I get along well with. He doesn’t live near me at all. Trouble is I like to email him and he hates emailing as he does it all day at work and prefers to speak on the phone. And I hate speaking on the phone cos I do it during the day and when I get home I can’t cope with the phone going, so it’s turned off constantly, so hence there’s not too much communication. I do think about him a lot though. I have a cousin who I speak to several times a year. So I seem to have drifted into a situation of being disconnected, but at the same time, it also seems a very natural place for me to be. I know I’m meant to be on my own, simply because if I wasn’t, I would be with someone.
It's kind of weird yet at the same time quite natural. I've had to keep my boss abreast of what's going on and the plan of attack is easy, but to explain how I'm feeling? How do you say that it's like going home at night feeling the job's done but in the context of your whole Life?

Quote:
Well the first one was about my experience of the cars. And you explained about seasonal adjustment disorder coming from our ancestors and their way of life. I have heard Matt talk about the collective unconscious many times and although I understood intellectually I had not had a direct experience or anything I was aware that was a direct experience, until the car situation. Now you explaining about a seasonal adjustment disorder and me picking up on this through the collective unconscious is bringing it into my awareness and experience.

I have heard Matt, on several occasions, talk about the importance of setting an intention as a way of not being pulled into the collective unconscious. This was something I wanted to go back and watch again but have not at the time because I am busy studying his online course and I have only got up to lesson number 4 out of 10. There are a number of videos to watch within each lesson so with work and chores and everything else in between, it is taking me some time to go through it. But I imagine it will be the perfect thing over the long cold winter weekends ahead.
Sorry but I couldn't help myself, you started talking about SAD then ended with saying that the course would be perfect for the long, cold winder weekends.

I don't think the collective subconsciousness is such a bad thing, I think most people tend to make enemies of what they don't understand rather than make friends of it. It's actually quite useful and I think the awareness of it being there and doing something more constructive with it is very powerful. Come time the practices you're doing now will become automatic, in the way that when you were learning to drive you were concentrating on the gears or the steering wheel, but now you don't. In time Matt's teachings (or the vibrations of) will be more integrated with the collective subconscious with your 'contribution'.

There's something called 'kamma-vipaka'. In short, 'kamma' is intention and kamma-vipaka is the results of intention.The intention of doing something out of the goodness of your heart has a very different kamma-vipaka to doing it because it's noble, just, rewarding... That's why you need to be sure of your intentions. The Seeker is always that which is sought.

I'm going to ask you two questions, the first is the trigger and the second is the realisation. I don't need the answer but I will ask that you be as brutally honest with yourself as you dare to be. The more honest you can be the greater the realisation.

"What is the Spirituality of sitting on the toilet?"

Quote:
It was war time and I was in a military vehicle with other soldiers being taken off to fight. We were dropped off in a large open and flat field. Before we could take any action, we were besieged by the enemy who were shooting everyone dead with machine guns. I could see soldiers just dropping dead to the ground around me. I thought the only way I’m going to survive this is by pretending to be dead so I lay face down on the ground holding my breath. A man literally stopped beside me and I could feel the pressure growing to breath but after a few moments he walked away. I lay there for many minutes, too terrified to move but gradually I opened my eyes and slowly got up. It was completely silent; I was the only one alive, everyone else around me was dead.

I used to have that dream in my teens and into my twenties, always exactly the same.
I've had exactly that dream too, recurring. It's not the dream I can't remember, perhaps it's going to stay buried for a while yet.

At the time I was a very intuitive person and highly psychic, I would be having dreams of people I hadn't met and places I hadn't been to, but that was to come in the future. I was learning that very few were like me, that few liked the truth and fewer still liked having their masks pulled off. I'd always had the feeling that I was different but couldn't come to terms with it, I didn't belong and someone put me here against my will.

The dream is a metaphor for both our Lives, and in order to stay alive we have to play dead.

Quote:
It definitely wasn’t parrot-fashion because I’d not heard him say those specific words, in that order and also there was a part of my mind that was answering and interacting as I was asked ‘what are you feeling now’ so it was completely spontaneous with the conscious part of my mind interacting.

That state is also when I can have a conversation with my guides without some part of my mind interrupting.

I have also for the last few weeks been seeing the words ‘black and white’ with a gold infinity symbol and the words ‘black and white has started’.
I'm brought back to Babylon 5 quotes again, we're doing Koshisms in another thread. However -

"Summoned, I take the place that has been prepared for me. I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light." Delenn, All Alone in the Night
The Grey Council was the ruling body of the Minbari, and there were three threes. They has the Warrior Caste, the Religious Caste and the Worker Caste, with three members of each on the council. That represented the three main aspects of their civilisation.

You have been summoned to the place appointed to you, Patrycia Rose.

Quote:
I may be released from it on an emotional level, which I do feel very differently about it. But the physical body still has some way to go.
This is the third density and the lowest of them all so yes, it does take time for the physical t heal. And sometimes our hurts contribute to our on-going Spirituality.

Quote:
Yep, I must admit it was a pretty spectacular experience.
But it's all you.

Quote:
Both I would say; I have helped her though because I do understand / know about the sorts of questions she’s asking and that I have the answers and that does help her to see the bigger picture.

There’s also a lovely man I meet when I’m out walking at lunch time, it’s quite remarkable. He’s in his 90s and in an automated wheelchair. We always stop and speak and I don’t know how we got onto the subject, but I find this happens a lot with me, we ended up speaking about spiritual matters and he says it’s something he’s never considered but I’ve told him so much about the ins and outs of all things spiritual, pointing out things that he’s experienced like the aroma of his deceased wife’s perfume that wasn’t his imagination, it’s her way of her letting him know she’s around. He’s so interested in it all, I’ve got him watching Tony Stockwell on youtube and he’s taking it all in and asks me loads of questions. It’s quite incredible really and I’m sure that somehow, all this information I’m giving him it’ll come in useful at some point to him. I just feel there’s a specific reason why we’re having these conversations.
There's a saying, "When the pupil is ready the teacher will come" and I think that works both ways - when the teacher is ready the pupil will come. It's all about synchronicity and putting the right person in the right place at the right time, it's about alignment and how you're allowing the Universe to work through you - which is what Matt said. Your relationship with yourself has changed and that will reflect on your relationship with others, and your relationship with their understanding and your own. Interesting that he's in a wheelchair, not long after you saying that the physical body has some way to go. Interaction is a double-edged sword.

For them and you, you're the right person in the right place at the right time. Matt also said that Ascension is about bringing fifth-dimensional consciousness 'down' and that's exactly what you're doing. More importantly though you're bringing it down and manifesting it into this dimension by helping them understand from an experiential level. Its not some airy-fairy theory you're spouting, it's very real and tangible for them. This should help you realise another level of your own consciousness. Take the next step, Patrycia, and step outside of yourself for a few moments.

You are the reason, you are the answer looking for the question.

Quote:
I’m sorry to hear that about Mrs G, that must be really difficult for her to be dealing with a similar situation.

I know chemo is really hard on the body but I hadn’t heard about the 'exploding' possibility before. I know a woman who had cancer and she went down the alternative route with a plant remedy and I’ve been trying for weeks to remember what it was and then as chance would have it, it one day it appeared on the Mercola website.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...treatment.aspx

I’m not suggesting this for you but it does show you there are so many things out there, different options, there’s always more than one way.

So, time for a quick coffee and then launch myself into the DIY! What's making me feel better is listening to this - from the album Aquostic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gr7FzO5aJQ

Patrycia
Thank you. It hasn't been easy for her and last night she did her usual trick of coming down with a bang, she's been winding herself up for a long time. I went for what I was told was going to be a biopsy by the doctor but she missed the consultation part, so that's what I had on Tuesday. The surgeon says it's GastroIntestinal Stromal Tumour that's attached to the stomach tissue and it's neither benign nor malignant. It's curable, but the question for the moment is how it's attached. The biopsy will give the full picture but for now the prognosis is either keyhole surgery and a quick snip if it's attached by a stalk, or a chainsaw and stomach rebuild. It just depends on how it's attached and to what extent, and if there are spots in the surrounding tissues that might mean it's liable to start new growths in other areas. As it's not cancer the mistletoe oil may not work but thank you for your concern. I'll have a chat about it with the vet anyway to see what she says. Chamomile also cropped up as something that might help but whether it will for a Satsuma-sized tumour or not.... Guess I need this three-grand Deutsche car still, for a while anyway. I keep forgetting that Quo and the Moody Blues were contemporaries.

I found this quiet by accident one day ans sat enthralled for so many reasons, and Tubular Bells was one of the first albums I ever bought. At the time I knew I was looking for something very different and TB was it, for that time anyway. It's interesting that something like this should come around again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7hKcxpLlM
Old 25-11-2018, 08:31 AM
Guide
Good morning Mr G

Quote:
The Universe and I seem to be aligning even better that we did before.

It’s good when that happens – I do feel that more nowadays and sometimes that feeling is backed up with number sequences to confirm.

These days I can tell when I’m out of alignment as I’ll see numbers but they’re not in sequence such as 2:43. But when I’m in alignment, I’ll get 1.23, or 2.22 etc but it’s good because either way the numbers confirm where I’m at. I know where I’m at anyway but it’s the universe is agreeing with me.

Quote:
If I may say, you're a person of extremes and this is the fall-out from one of your extremes. There's been an extreme intensity for you to heal your physical ailments, this Ascension stuff has been very intense and if you can find that quote with a few mouse clicks that tells you something as well. Regardless of how Spiritual we'd like to call ourselves we really can't escape our human nature - which is what I think is happening here. You've shut yourself down because enough is enough.

A few weeks back, it all started with receiving the message that ‘black and white had started’ and the next day, I was wiped out and got the message that it starts with exhaustion. And that led to a really full on week at work, with everything being as difficult and challenging as it could be. I had my car in the garage for a few days as I was having some restoration done on the old boy, so work mates were picking me up and dropping me off; which was lovely of them but I certainly realised how much I missed being able to do my own thing. I also had a few unfinished DIY jobs that I wasn’t looking forward to doing. So I fell back into old ways of being. I had several nights of really unsettling dreams and one night I woke up crying with UH’s Tomorrow’s Child going through my head. Then on Sunday when I looked up the sentence you quoted I saw that it had come from The Secret of Spiritual Success. Once I’d got the DIY done, I saw one request from my guides to take some Emergency Essence and once I did, received the message that B&W had concluded. So I was highly relieved and just sort of felt like my new, usual self again. And I sat down and listened to Matt telling me to ‘slow things down’ – love the way he says that - and could just feel all of the tension falling away and I’ve been fine this last week. So there was definitely something going on, a definite phase, and I’m back to my new normal.

Quote:
It's kind of weird yet at the same time quite natural. I've had to keep my boss abreast of what's going on and the plan of attack is easy, but to explain how I'm feeling? How do you say that it's like going home at night feeling the job's done but in the context of your whole Life?

I think when you have that knowledge of this life being one of many and total knowledge of passing over etc, it takes away any fear and it’s seen as transitioning from one way of life to another, from form to energy. That information shines through in conversation and being calm about the whole thing, with a dash of humour, and other people who don’t have that knowledge, don’t know how to react.

Quote:
Sorry but I couldn't help myself, you started talking about SAD then ended with saying that the course would be perfect for the long, cold winder weekends.

The course is perfect – the long cold winter weekends are not, but the perfection of the course will hopefully help balance it out.

Quote:
I'm going to ask you two questions, the first is the trigger and the second is the realisation. I don't need the answer but I will ask that you be as brutally honest with yourself as you dare to be. The more honest you can be the greater the realisation.

"What is the Spirituality of sitting on the toilet
?"

I don’t usually like this sort of question because it reminds me of the type of thing you get asked in school and you can bet your bottom dollar I’ll go in a direction that’s not what people are expecting the answer to be. Anyway, I will say what came into my mind when I saw the question.

The first thing that occurred to me, it felt like whoever originally asked the question felt that there was something UN spiritual about sitting on the toilet.

I think the human body is an incredible creation. You have all these automated systems such as the circulatory system, hormonal, respiratory, endocrine and renal systems etc; all of this functioning without you having to think or do anything. Then there are the senses of hearing things such as sirens warning you of danger to beautiful music, sight where you can behold the face of the person you love, horizons, countryside, sea. All of that in one human body, each with its own personality and character. I see the body as an incredible thing. So why would I see that changing when considering the elimination system? The digestive system is another incredible function. In my early twenties it did not work well for me, because of the dreadful diet I had. Contrast that with now, with only eating whole, natural and organic foods and my digestive system works smoothly and consistently. And recently one of Matt’s teachings was on gratitude for the physical body, so now my morning routine includes being grateful for the efficiency of my body. So, for me, there is much spirituality to be had in sitting on the toilet.

So, probably not the direction you were anticipating - but that’s what came to mind when you asked.

Quote:
I've had exactly that dream too, recurring. It's not the dream I can't remember, perhaps it's going to stay buried for a while yet.

How would that be possible, to have the exact same dream? I can understand perhaps something with a similar theme but exactly the same?

Quote:
You have been summoned to the place appointed to you, Patrycia Rose.

Crumbs, I better dust off my best denims and trainers!

Quote:
This is the third density and the lowest of them all so yes, it does take time for the physical t heal. And sometimes our hurts contribute to our on-going Spirituality.

Well everything is here to help you – and I would add that you may not know how precisely until you pass over into life review. And I’m OK with that, I shall look forward to it!

I feel as if I have led a full and varied life – and I catch myself reflecting on various aspects of my past now – so in some ways I feel as if I am beginning life review now.

Quote:
But it's all you.

I know what you’re saying but I don’t feel as though it was. I know this will sound cryptic but I’ve ‘seen and experienced’ enough to entertain the possibility that it may not have been.

Quote:
For them and you, you're the right person in the right place at the right time. Matt also said that Ascension is about bringing fifth-dimensional consciousness 'down' and that's exactly what you're doing. More importantly though you're bringing it down and manifesting it into this dimension by helping them understand from an experiential level. Its not some airy-fairy theory you're spouting, it's very real and tangible for them. This should help you realise another level of your own consciousness.

I must admit that when I see him I feel my spirits lifting because I love answering his questions that he asks with such enthusiasm. Life death and all things spiritual is something I talk about with groundedness and confidence and also matter of factly, I guess because I have been studying and experiencing all this since I was 15. It is interesting because just recently he has spoken about a situation with his son and daughter-in-law where their two children have said that they have seen a man inside the house and they have both described him in the same way, despite seeing him on two different occasions. And of course when one of them went in to find this man there was no one there. This spirit figure was leaning over a lathe. He was telling me about it and seemed somewhat uncomfortable and a little embarrassed, not sure how I would react but I said it all seemed perfectly normal for me. I suggested to him that the energies in the house had become disturbed as a result of recent alterations. I've heard this many a time. Also fairly typical in this situation is that one parent believes in spiritual matters and the other does not. I said to him the most important thing is that they both present a united front in believing what their children are telling them. Of course I may not see him for a while so I don't know how he is getting on.

Quote:
Take the next step, Patrycia, and step outside of yourself for a few moments.

What do you see as the next step and how do I step outside of myself?

Quote:
Thank you. It hasn't been easy for her and last night she did her usual trick of coming down with a bang, she's been winding herself up for a long time. I went for what I was told was going to be a biopsy by the doctor but she missed the consultation part, so that's what I had on Tuesday. The surgeon says it's GastroIntestinal Stromal Tumour that's attached to the stomach tissue and it's neither benign nor malignant.

I think I may be reading this incorrectly; are they saying that at this time they don’t know if it is benign or malignant? Or it may be a bit of both? So it looks as though it’s an operation depending on further investigation.

Quote:
I found this quiet by accident one day ans sat enthralled for so many reasons, and Tubular Bells was one of the first albums I ever bought. At the time I knew I was looking for something very different and TB was it, for that time anyway. It's interesting that something like this should come around again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy7hKcxpLlM

I remember Tubular Bells but it didn’t really stay with me.

Whereas the Quo – I was introduced to them round about the same time as UH, and in some ways the two seem to go together for me. I listen to the Quo a lot as they lift my spirits if I’m feeling low, and I remember when I first heard Aquostic, the kind of unplugged version. It was on the ‘red button’ on tv. I was totally enthralled by what I was seeing and hearing; the songs so familiar to me (as I’d been singing along to them all my life) yet sounding so different. I couldn’t tear myself away and made myself late for work. I immediately got the CD and have pretty much been playing it ever since. I love comparing the original versions with the new. Just amazing really, Status Quo like Uriah Heep have been my constant companions throughout my entire life.

I’m looking forward to the day I retire. The first day I shall get up and play this at full blast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_UwVTCjoSE

Patrycia
Old 25-11-2018, 02:52 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Good morning Mr G
Good morning Patrycia

Quote:
It’s good when that happens – I do feel that more nowadays and sometimes that feeling is backed up with number sequences to confirm.

These days I can tell when I’m out of alignment as I’ll see numbers but they’re not in sequence such as 2:43. But when I’m in alignment, I’ll get 1.23, or 2.22 etc but it’s good because either way the numbers confirm where I’m at. I know where I’m at anyway but it’s the universe is agreeing with me.
We're going to get there either because of or despite ourselves and really, we're never out of alignment with ourselves at the core - regardless of how far off track we think we are. The Universe is 'designed' for us to fulfil our Life's Purpose And if both science and Spirituality is to be believed it already has been.

The Universe 'thinks' in the same way your subconscious does, which is very differently to your mind. If you're dealing with something, for instance, the mind might tackle the problem in a linear fashion because the mind does so like its order but the subconscious has its own priorities. The subconscious might deal with all the small trivialities first even though one or two of them is out of sync to the mind, but that might mean but has a 'straight run' at the main issues. The Universe doesn't disagree nor agree for that matter, it just does its own thing in its own time - which can be different to how the mind might perceive the sequence of events should be.

Quote:
A few weeks back, it all started with receiving the message that ‘black and white had started’ and the next day, I was wiped out and got the message that it starts with exhaustion. And that led to a really full on week at work, with everything being as difficult and challenging as it could be. I had my car in the garage for a few days as I was having some restoration done on the old boy, so work mates were picking me up and dropping me off; which was lovely of them but I certainly realised how much I missed being able to do my own thing. I also had a few unfinished DIY jobs that I wasn’t looking forward to doing. So I fell back into old ways of being. I had several nights of really unsettling dreams and one night I woke up crying with UH’s Tomorrow’s Child going through my head. Then on Sunday when I looked up the sentence you quoted I saw that it had come from The Secret of Spiritual Success. Once I’d got the DIY done, I saw one request from my guides to take some Emergency Essence and once I did, received the message that B&W had concluded. So I was highly relieved and just sort of felt like my new, usual self again. And I sat down and listened to Matt telling me to ‘slow things down’ – love the way he says that - and could just feel all of the tension falling away and I’ve been fine this last week. So there was definitely something going on, a definite phase, and I’m back to my new normal.
This is one of the reasons I asked you what the Spirituality of sitting on the toilet was. We walk in two worlds and as we walk a straight line our emotions and everything else describes a sine wave. One day you're intensely Spiritual and the next your DIY and not having a car is driving you crazy. I'm not saying it's right nor wrong, it's how I perceive things with you. The Spiritual and the physical have more effect on each other than people would like to realise, and sometimes one level has to 'translate' onto the other.

Whether you see those extremes as good or bad it's entirely up to you, but sometimes your 'system' simply needs a break away from it all before it completely overloads. You need a holiday from yourself, even if that's enforced. The Universe gives us what we need and seldom what we want, it gave you the much-needed time to catch up with yourself again. The tension comes from the difference between the mind's thinking we should be somewhere else - which is 'normal' - and where we are. We are where we need to be. I've seen Spiritual people crash and burn because of the intensity of the Spirituality and it's not pretty.

Quote:
I think when you have that knowledge of this life being one of many and total knowledge of passing over etc, it takes away any fear and it’s seen as transitioning from one way of life to another, from form to energy. That information shines through in conversation and being calm about the whole thing, with a dash of humour, and other people who don’t have that knowledge, don’t know how to react.
I think the knowledge is one thing but actual, deep-down believing is something else. Besides that though, it's been something of a physical and emotional Journey and it's taught me a few things that I'm grateful for. I guess the main thing being that I can put my Spiritual money where my Spiritual mouth is, and that it's been in here all along.

Quote:
The course is perfect – the long cold winter weekends are not, but the perfection of the course will hopefully help balance it out.
The long, cold winter nights are the perfect time for the course. Also, don't forget the winter solstice is coming up so you could take some synchronicity from that. But the perfect and the imperfect have come together to create something even more perfect.

Quote:
I don’t usually like this sort of question because it reminds me of the type of thing you get asked in school and you can bet your bottom dollar I’ll go in a direction that’s not what people are expecting the answer to be. Anyway, I will say what came into my mind when I saw the question.

The first thing that occurred to me, it felt like whoever originally asked the question felt that there was something UN spiritual about sitting on the toilet.

I think the human body is an incredible creation. You have all these automated systems such as the circulatory system, hormonal, respiratory, endocrine and renal systems etc; all of this functioning without you having to think or do anything. Then there are the senses of hearing things such as sirens warning you of danger to beautiful music, sight where you can behold the face of the person you love, horizons, countryside, sea. All of that in one human body, each with its own personality and character. I see the body as an incredible thing. So why would I see that changing when considering the elimination system? The digestive system is another incredible function. In my early twenties it did not work well for me, because of the dreadful diet I had. Contrast that with now, with only eating whole, natural and organic foods and my digestive system works smoothly and consistently. And recently one of Matt’s teachings was on gratitude for the physical body, so now my morning routine includes being grateful for the efficiency of my body. So, for me, there is much spirituality to be had in sitting on the toilet.

So, probably not the direction you were anticipating - but that’s what came to mind when you asked.
I was wrestling with an issue I'd read about on the forum, sometimes at work I have time when my mind can wander. Anyway, I;d been thinking this through and getting myself into knots when my Guide asked me that question. My mind went ballistic until I suddenly realised what was happening. The question has little to do with the answer because everyone will have their own answer - that's the point. The aim of the question though is to take a realisation from it, that this is how you think whatever your answer may be.

Most would simply dismiss the question out of hand - which says everything about their Spirituality but you've gone into it in quite a lot of detail and wondered at the whole amazing bit of kit the human body is. I'd actually very much agree with you but in short I'd also say that if it wasn't for the human body and everything else in that 'package', your Spirituality would come to an abrupt halt. I wasn't actually anticipating anything because your answer is not for me, it's for you.

Quote:
How would that be possible, to have the exact same dream? I can understand perhaps something with a similar theme but exactly the same?
Our brains aren't actually that far away - nobody's is really. Our brains have been designed to process information and they do that in a fundamentally similar way and often those with similar Life experiences have the same dreams. Dreams also connect to parts of ourselves that our conscious minds simply can't. For instance, in your dreams you might end up talking to your Higher Self as though you're besties, while your consciousness might not even know you had one. Similarly we have things inside us that we have yet to uncover as far as the conscious mind is concerned but the subconscious has always known. And remember that dreams are the subconscious' way to communicate with the conscious.

Time and again throughout this conversation we've had certain similarities, even though for most of your Life you've felt so different from everybody else. You're very much the stranger in the strange land, the one that's never really integrated into this density or whatever else Old Souls usually do. You're not the only one I've talked to that's had this very dream.

Quote:
Crumbs, I better dust off my best denims and trainers!
You can if you like but they'll get left behind.

Quote:
Well everything is here to help you – and I would add that you may not know how precisely until you pass over into life review. And I’m OK with that, I shall look forward to it!

I feel as if I have led a full and varied life – and I catch myself reflecting on various aspects of my past now – so in some ways I feel as if I am beginning life review now.
We're never going to get all the answers because I doubt they'll do us much good anyway, so perhaps faith and feelings are all we have left sometimes. Which isn't such a bad thing after all, better than confusion anyway.

The bottom line is that this is a Journey to Self, if you like he more poetic Spirituality. For me it's more about closure because it feels as though I;m closing things down and nailing everything down tight, it's not so much a Life review - although it's happening - but more of a bringing things to a conclusion. There's no thought of "Well maybe in the next Life I can try..." it's more of a job done, nailed down and no next.

Quote:
I know what you’re saying but I don’t feel as though it was. I know this will sound cryptic but I’ve ‘seen and experienced’ enough to entertain the possibility that it may not have been.
IKf that's your experience, so be it.

Quote:
I must admit that when I see him I feel my spirits lifting because I love answering his questions that he asks with such enthusiasm. Life death and all things spiritual is something I talk about with groundedness and confidence and also matter of factly, I guess because I have been studying and experiencing all this since I was 15. It is interesting because just recently he has spoken about a situation with his son and daughter-in-law where their two children have said that they have seen a man inside the house and they have both described him in the same way, despite seeing him on two different occasions. And of course when one of them went in to find this man there was no one there. This spirit figure was leaning over a lathe. He was telling me about it and seemed somewhat uncomfortable and a little embarrassed, not sure how I would react but I said it all seemed perfectly normal for me. I suggested to him that the energies in the house had become disturbed as a result of recent alterations. I've heard this many a time. Also fairly typical in this situation is that one parent believes in spiritual matters and the other does not. I said to him the most important thing is that they both present a united front in believing what their children are telling them. Of course I may not see him for a while so I don't know how he is getting on.
That seems to answer the whole 'why are you there' question, it's for the kids firstly and how the adults play their roles. The main thing you've hit on already, that they show a united front in dealing with the kids. If one is Spiritual and the other one isn't really doesn't matter as the individual will deal with it on there own basis but the united front is one key. The main one though is to remember that what the kids are expressing is real to them, and if the parents start denying their reality it can mess with he kids' heads. The man is real to the kids and the parents saying there is no man can skew the kids' cognitive perceptions and doubt their own reality. That strains their self esteem and paradigm, and that stays with them for a long time.

There are psychological reasons for this happening if you want some non-Spiritual common ground that won't mess with the kids' heads. Also bear in mind though that any conflict here will affect the kids in some way, and if they have abilities that are manifesting those might be affected also. Depending on how old the kids are, hormones can play their parts too, and don't forget group psychosis between the siblings. Sometimes the best Spiritual course is to not deal with it from a Spiritual perspective so that it can be 'smoothed out' and things can happen naturally with the least amount of fuss.

Quote:
What do you see as the next step and how do I step outside of myself?
Who has these thoughts, these beliefs?

Tolle said that there is only the Now, the past is memory and the future is expectation. You're dreading the cold, dark nights but looking forwards to the course - light and dark, and either way you have expectations of the course and everything else around that. Those expectations are generated by the mind but there's a part of you that's fully in alignment with what IS, right here right now. There are parts of your physical Life that have to be taken care of so that when the time is right, you'll be where you need to be and doing what you need to be doing. Yep, getting your car restored is a pain but it's necessary, even if only for your peace of mind. So there's a part of you that finds relying on your friends a pain, but at the same time has the Universe put that in place for you so you don't have to catch a bus? There's a 'you' that is OK with that and comes to its own realisations that, if you weren't gritting your teeth, could be a very different experience for you.

You are not your experiences and your experiences are not you, you are not the one they happen to and you are not the one they happen because of. While you're looking forwards to the course and dark nights, there's also a part of you that's already there. The point is though that once you know it's there, you get to choose which perspective you prefer at any given moment.

Quote:
I think I may be reading this incorrectly; are they saying that at this time they don’t know if it is benign or malignant? Or it may be a bit of both? So it looks as though it’s an operation depending on further investigation.
For the moment I'm going to wait until after the endoscopy and biopsy on the 10th because they don't have a full picture at the moment. All he said as that it's neither malignant nor benign, and no doubt things will change after they've had a look-see. It's going to be an operation though, but how much of a one remains to be seen and it won't happen until after Christmas.

Quote:
I remember Tubular Bells but it didn’t really stay with me.

Whereas the Quo – I was introduced to them round about the same time as UH, and in some ways the two seem to go together for me. I listen to the Quo a lot as they lift my spirits if I’m feeling low, and I remember when I first heard Aquostic, the kind of unplugged version. It was on the ‘red button’ on tv. I was totally enthralled by what I was seeing and hearing; the songs so familiar to me (as I’d been singing along to them all my life) yet sounding so different. I couldn’t tear myself away and made myself late for work. I immediately got the CD and have pretty much been playing it ever since. I love comparing the original versions with the new. Just amazing really, Status Quo like Uriah Heep have been my constant companions throughout my entire life.

I’m looking forward to the day I retire. The first day I shall get up and play this at full blast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_UwVTCjoSE

Patrycia
As Kate Bush said, "Some say hell is heaven, some say heaven is hell."

It's actually interesting how much the music we like reflects our Lives and often what's going on in our heads at the time. I had this thing about 'dismantling' music, listening to individual instruments then putting it all back together again. I guess that's where my Gestalt Reality comes from. Similarly with music. But if there is one track to play at full blast on retirement day, both physically and Spiritually.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4L8L43GieE
Old 02-12-2018, 08:40 AM
Guide
Hello Mr G,

What a blustery old week, in more ways that one!

Quote:
Whether you see those extremes as good or bad it's entirely up to you, but sometimes your 'system' simply needs a break away from it all before it completely overloads. You need a holiday from yourself, even if that's enforced. The Universe gives us what we need and seldom what we want, it gave you the much-needed time to catch up with yourself again. The tension comes from the difference between the mind's thinking we should be somewhere else - which is 'normal' - and where we are. We are where we need to be. I've seen Spiritual people crash and burn because of the intensity of the Spirituality and it's not pretty.

I would say I was far more into ‘spiritual’ things years ago, looking into pretty much all spiritual hands on things, down Glastonbury most weekends, meeting with the spirit guide every Sunday, all with great expectations that the next thing was going to be the spiritual path / my destiny. All very innocent really but I gave that up that way of thinking many years ago. I realise now I don’t have a spiritual path, I AM the spiritual path, so I’ve already done the crash and burn thing to some extent. And I needed to explore all that spiritual stuff to realise that Matt’s way is where it is at.

Quote:
I think the knowledge is one thing but actual, deep-down believing is something else. Besides that though, it's been something of a physical and emotional Journey and it's taught me a few things that I'm grateful for. I guess the main thing being that I can put my Spiritual money where my Spiritual mouth is, and that it's been in here all along.

You definitely can, and maybe this experience confirms to you, that not just has it been there all along but it’s now in motion.

Do you think that kind of approach comes with experience and age? Would you have had that approach say in your in your early forties?

Quote:
The long, cold winter nights are the perfect time for the course. Also, don't forget the winter solstice is coming up so you could take some synchronicity from that. But the perfect and the imperfect have come together to create something even more perfect.

I’ve never really been into astrology, solstice etc. What’s the synchronicity of the solstice or is that for me to make?

Quote:
The question has little to do with the answer because everyone will have their own answer - that's the point. The aim of the question though is to take a realisation from it, that this is how you think whatever your answer may be.

I'd actually very much agree with you but in short I'd also say that if it wasn't for the human body and everything else in that 'package', your Spirituality would come to an abrupt halt. .

OK, so I’m a tad confused. I understand the first bit that this is an example of how I think which I would say was considered, detailed and respectful of the question as well as actually combining both the physical and spiritual aspects.

But the second part, you’re saying that if I didn’t have a physical body, my spirituality would come to an abrupt halt? If I didn’t have a physical body, I’d be in spirit in which case the question would be irrelevant. Or am I missing something?

Quote:
Time and again throughout this conversation we've had certain similarities, even though for most of your Life you've felt so different from everybody else. You're very much the stranger in the strange land, the one that's never really integrated into this density or whatever else Old Souls usually do. You're not the only one I've talked to that's had this very dream.

Ah, so actually those who’ve had this dream could be tapping into the collective unconscious?

Quote:
You can if you like but they'll get left behind.

OK, so where am I going?

Quote:
We're never going to get all the answers because I doubt they'll do us much good anyway, so perhaps faith and feelings are all we have left sometimes. Which isn't such a bad thing after all, better than confusion anyway.

I think that’s true of understanding life experiences, or rather not understanding life experiences on the earth plane – but once we get over to spirit, we are going to have the bigger picture and my trauma, from where I’m at now, is going to be what I will be most interested to have that bigger picture. It happened, I accept that. Why it happened, I don’t know and I can only guess at why, and it won’t be accurate. Everything is here to help you – I accept that. But, this is what I was saying, I don’t know how - which is why I need to wait until life review, unless the answers come to me later in this lifetime. But isn’t that an ego thing, to want to understand, rather than just accepting it as divine will? (that thought has only occurred to me now as I type).

Quote:
That seems to answer the whole 'why are you there' question, it's for the kids firstly and how the adults play their roles. The main thing you've hit on already, that they show a united front in dealing with the kids. If one is Spiritual and the other one isn't really doesn't matter as the individual will deal with it on there own basis but the united front is one key. The main one though is to remember that what the kids are expressing is real to them, and if the parents start denying their reality it can mess with he kids' heads. The man is real to the kids and the parents saying there is no man can skew the kids' cognitive perceptions and doubt their own reality. That strains their self esteem and paradigm, and that stays with them for a long time.

Yes, I thought that, I’ve pretty much been through all the above with him. I hope to see him again but with winter here, I’ve not seen him for a while. I’d like to think maybe next Spring, but with him being well into his nineties, can’t be assured. I hope that when his time comes, he’ll be at peace with the process and all the information I’ve given him will be of comfort.

Quote:
You are not your experiences and your experiences are not you, you are not the one they happen to and you are not the one they happen because of. While you're looking forwards to the course and dark nights, there's also a part of you that's already there. The point is though that once you know it's there, you get to choose which perspective you prefer at any given moment.

I get all that, and I am there on occasion, but I have 55 years of conditioning and slowly it is changing but it takes time, experiencing from the old way versus the new way and it needs patience and understanding.

It has been a very interesting week of experiencing:

I had for the time being, the last session of Reiki on Wednesday. I’ve had no improvements in anything albeit a very interesting experience, particularly this last session. Given that I had been up since 5.45 that day, busy day at work, and the appointment was not until 5 pm followed by a long drive home in the dark and rain, I decided to go for a quick coffee and cake to keep me going. As I was walking through town and also in the coffee shop and to some extent during the appointment, I had the Strongest sense of my mother; stronger that I’ve ever felt someone’s presence. I don’t know if that was just in support of what I was doing, or if she is getting ready to depart. But it was incredibly strong. The memory of that experience keeps coming back to me, it was so so strong.

The other thing that the therapist said is that my left hip felt very hot and that, some thing, I can’t remember the exact word, was wrapped around further than it should be. But the right hip was fine. So that led me to think that from years of walking awkwardly, a mechanical problem has developed, so I’m now thinking that in the New Year a chiropractor may be able to help.

Also, it has been notable this week, like the number of times this has happened, that I have helped quite a few people. There have been two people I have helped with childcare / adoption situations, someone else who has been experiencing arthritis in the hands to quite a significant extent has been helped remarkably with a tuning fork I had lent them; they were really pleased with the difference in the movement of their hands, someone else with issues with his uncle and then the number of people I'd helped this week trickled into my consciousness when, yesterday morning I was in the supermarket, and found a chap in his 80s searching for a brand of biscuits. He was completely in the wrong aisle and I was out of my depth as I haven’t eaten biscuits in 20 years but we spent ten minutes searching and eventually found them so he was happy. And I just thought of Matt talking about shining your light.

Quote:
For the moment I'm going to wait until after the endoscopy and biopsy on the 10th because they don't have a full picture at the moment. All he said as that it's neither malignant nor benign, and no doubt things will change after they've had a look-see. It's going to be an operation though, but how much of a one remains to be seen and it won't happen until after Christmas.

Bit of a waiting game at the moment; which can give you time to process.

Epic song that one.

Did you do the electronic thing, as in ….?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viOAiUH0T1Q

Have several of their albums which I got on CD when I sold my vinyl.

Patrycia
Old 02-12-2018, 04:21 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Hello Mr G,

What a blustery old week, in more ways that one!
Hi Patrycia

It's December so it's melancholy time in so many ways, and I need that right now.

Quote:
I would say I was far more into ‘spiritual’ things years ago, looking into pretty much all spiritual hands on things, down Glastonbury most weekends, meeting with the spirit guide every Sunday, all with great expectations that the next thing was going to be the spiritual path / my destiny. All very innocent really but I gave that up that way of thinking many years ago. I realise now I don’t have a spiritual path, I AM the spiritual path, so I’ve already done the crash and burn thing to some extent. And I needed to explore all that spiritual stuff to realise that Matt’s way is where it is at.
I guess it depends on what your definition of Spiritual is really, and your definition of Path - and what constitutes 'you' for that matter. You also did another 'crash and burn' because of the intensity of what you were going through, and how much of that was what you were putting yourself through?

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, that things weren't the way you perceived them to be because all that will do is tick you off. Go back to when this all really kicked off and to the time when you really took Matt's teachings top heart. That you can find Matt's quote at the click of a mouse tells you something. The reason you were 'switched off' from Spirituality for a time was because you needed a break from the intensity that came before it.

So, what does the word 'enlightenment' mean to you?

This is where we're going to part company a little. I can understand where you're coming from in saying that Matt's way is where it's at, but it's not for me. Matt's way is Matt's way and I am not Matt. A little poetically, Matt's footprints were with mine for a time and to be honest I am grateful for his understandings at the time, but this for me has always been a Journey to Self.

Quote:
You definitely can, and maybe this experience confirms to you, that not just has it been there all along but it’s now in motion.

Do you think that kind of approach comes with experience and age? Would you have had that approach say in your in your early forties?
Which is pretty cool for me because I've never really considered myself as Spiritual. It was actually somewhere around my forties that I took any real interest in Spirituality. I'd read a couple of books when I was around 18 years old but they went over my head at the time, and living in a one-horse town didn't help because I had nobody to talk to. If I'm going to use a description I'm Gnostic, which basically means that you know without knowing how you know. It's always felt as though there was something in motion even as a youngster and it started unfolding when I was in my forties or so. It's the depth that comes with age I suppose and the 'drilling down' through the layers of dust we put onto ourselves. Drill some, process it, drill some more...

Quote:
I’ve never really been into astrology, solstice etc. What’s the synchronicity of the solstice or is that for me to make?
Synchronicites are almost always personal, however... Back in the day our ancestors would have 'retreated' from the outside world as much as possible, and this time of year would have been a dark time in so many ways. It would have been pretty black. If you have Seasonal Adjustment Disorder does that mean you still have something ancestral in there? What you're looking forwards to doing is... pretty white - gaining knowledge, understandings...

I don't have anything to do with astrology either but as far as I'm concerned the Solstices have nothing to do with that, it's all about earth energies and how we are connected to them.

Quote:
OK, so I’m a tad confused. I understand the first bit that this is an example of how I think which I would say was considered, detailed and respectful of the question as well as actually combining both the physical and spiritual aspects.

But the second part, you’re saying that if I didn’t have a physical body, my spirituality would come to an abrupt halt? If I didn’t have a physical body, I’d be in spirit in which case the question would be irrelevant. Or am I missing something?
The whole point of the question is not to come to some kind of ultimate conclusion, the aim is to stimulate the old brain cells a little. Any answer you come up with is the answer.

So, we're both OK with the first bit. That at least brings some understanding about how the physical and Spiritual are not separate at all but only from the perspective of focus. That brings you back to what you were saying about your Spirituality grinding to a halt and having to concentrate on getting your car fixed - and all the other stuff that happened at the time. And also the synchronicity of the Solstice and your reading. If you think of cycles or waves it makes so much more sense.

As for the second part it's all about beliefs, and again there are no real answers other than your own. As Spirit are we Spiritual or not? Are we only Spiritual because we're here with a body, or are we Spiritual all the time? If what's been projected onto Spirit is true then what are you doing here? As Spirit you have access to the collective consciousness and all of that, so Matt's head is already inside yours. If we are Spiritual all the time then aren't we just as Spiritual when we're not Spiritual? And yes, to me it does become a lot of confusing nonsense.

Right here right now, regardless of any other definitions we are here in human bodies being Spiritual. What does that tell you?

Quote:
Ah, so actually those who’ve had this dream could be tapping into the collective unconscious?
Pretty much, yes. What I've found is that there are people who seem to use the same themes over and over, sometimes the descriptions vary but the underlying theme remain the same. Being dumped in a bare field, the desert, feeling alone and abandoned..... All very common to a certain group of people. Another common word is "Home'. All those are the expressions of the same consciousnesses/energy 'signatures' or collective consciousness.

Quote:
OK, so where am I going?
To where you've always been, to where you've never left. Yeah I know, annoyingly cryptic. Dorothy had to go to Oz to find out that it was in her back yard all along.

Quote:
I think that’s true of understanding life experiences, or rather not understanding life experiences on the earth plane – but once we get over to spirit, we are going to have the bigger picture and my trauma, from where I’m at now, is going to be what I will be most interested to have that bigger picture. It happened, I accept that. Why it happened, I don’t know and I can only guess at why, and it won’t be accurate. Everything is here to help you – I accept that. But, this is what I was saying, I don’t know how - which is why I need to wait until life review, unless the answers come to me later in this lifetime. But isn’t that an ego thing, to want to understand, rather than just accepting it as divine will? (that thought has only occurred to me now as I type).
You did know that you were Gnostic too, didn't you?

The egoic (not a swear word) mind looks for rhymes and reasons, it has the need to understand as if it's trying to justify its existence, and if it didn't have that justification it would wink out of existence. It needs to understand as you say. You're stepping out of the egoic mind in accepting that it's there. So the next understanding is what are the reasons you accept, and what is divine will to you? If your acceptance is because it's the Spiritual thing to do, or is it because somewhere inside you're genuinely accepting of it? And what is divine will, and is it separate from your own will? And if so, did this happen to you or did it happen because of you? And if you are not your experiences and your experiences are not you, whose trauma is it that you're experiencing?

You are the answer looking for the question.

Quote:
Yes, I thought that, I’ve pretty much been through all the above with him. I hope to see him again but with winter here, I’ve not seen him for a while. I’d like to think maybe next Spring, but with him being well into his nineties, can’t be assured. I hope that when his time comes, he’ll be at peace with the process and all the information I’ve given him will be of comfort.
Don't underestimate what you've done already. You've acknowledged the stuff in his head and that most likely stops him from feeling as though he's losing it. It's a huge confirmation for him and that alone can turn things around for him. That alone is probably worth more than everything else you've said.

Quote:
I get all that, and I am there on occasion, but I have 55 years of conditioning and slowly it is changing but it takes time, experiencing from the old way versus the new way and it needs patience and understanding.

It has been a very interesting week of experiencing:

I had for the time being, the last session of Reiki on Wednesday. I’ve had no improvements in anything albeit a very interesting experience, particularly this last session. Given that I had been up since 5.45 that day, busy day at work, and the appointment was not until 5 pm followed by a long drive home in the dark and rain, I decided to go for a quick coffee and cake to keep me going. As I was walking through town and also in the coffee shop and to some extent during the appointment, I had the Strongest sense of my mother; stronger that I’ve ever felt someone’s presence. I don’t know if that was just in support of what I was doing, or if she is getting ready to depart. But it was incredibly strong. The memory of that experience keeps coming back to me, it was so so strong.

The other thing that the therapist said is that my left hip felt very hot and that, some thing, I can’t remember the exact word, was wrapped around further than it should be. But the right hip was fine. So that led me to think that from years of walking awkwardly, a mechanical problem has developed, so I’m now thinking that in the New Year a chiropractor may be able to help.

Also, it has been notable this week, like the number of times this has happened, that I have helped quite a few people. There have been two people I have helped with childcare / adoption situations, someone else who has been experiencing arthritis in the hands to quite a significant extent has been helped remarkably with a tuning fork I had lent them; they were really pleased with the difference in the movement of their hands, someone else with issues with his uncle and then the number of people I'd helped this week trickled into my consciousness when, yesterday morning I was in the supermarket, and found a chap in his 80s searching for a brand of biscuits. He was completely in the wrong aisle and I was out of my depth as I haven’t eaten biscuits in 20 years but we spent ten minutes searching and eventually found them so he was happy. And I just thought of Matt talking about shining your light.

Time takes time to pass, so be gentle with yourself when your Spiritual brakes are on too.

Your state of mind at the time has more of an impact than you might imagine at the time - so remember that when you're doing your dark nights learning. It can often open up other areas of your awareness and consciousness because of the shift in focus - when your mind is unfocussed because of being up since 5.45 and detaching from the rain and wind other aspects can come through. Like your mother's presence, possibly what happened is a shift to a psychic or beyond-the-mind part of you. There will be a reason for it being there, perhaps it's trying to tell you something.

Old age doesn't come on its own as they say. Strange that we spoke at length about dodgy hips though, and the healing of them. Something else that's going to be 'fixed' in the new year.

There's something special in helping people in small ways, because it's those small and subtle ways that can make all the difference to someone's Life - and perhaps it wasn't just the biscuits that you helped them find when you took the time out to help. The biscuits were obviously important enough to him. But sometimes we're walking so fast that we're not listening to our breathing, sometimes we're rushing so fast to become Spiritual that we're not realising how Spirituality is happening all around us, whether we're aware of it or not.

Quote:
Bit of a waiting game at the moment; which can give you time to process.
I really don't feel as though I have anything to process right now, but it feels a though it has to play itself out though for other people. Mrs G won't settle until the fat lady sings and it's brought out some other things too with my friends and boss. They're shocked at work - "But he's never sick" as they said to Mrs G.

Quote:
Epic song that one.

Did you do the electronic thing, as in ….?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viOAiUH0T1Q

Have several of their albums which I got on CD when I sold my vinyl.

Patrycia
NOoooo Take it away. Have you no shame at all? I'd forgotten that one and what it meant to me at the time, it seemed to touch something inside and made sense out of so many things. I was in the RAF at the time and felt as though I was a number. "I am not a number, I am a free man."It's kinda difficult to say much about that, it's a choice between saying nothing and saying so much.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:24 AM
Guide
Morning Mr G,

What an extraordinary week! More about that later.

Quote:
I'm not trying to say you're wrong, that things weren't the way you perceived them to be because all that will do is tick you off. Go back to when this all really kicked off and to the time when you really took Matt's teachings to heart. That you can find Matt's quote at the click of a mouse tells you something. The reason you were 'switched off' from Spirituality for a time was because you needed a break from the intensity that came before it.

I still take his teachings to heart, because the ‘wow’ moments are still happening and what is notable for me is that my guides like to join in. A few weeks back, I was sitting relaxing when I got this message that ‘you will have the answer soon’. And I thought OK, the answer to what, I would have many questions. I put it out of my mind and later thought I feel in the mood for watching one of the videos from the course as they’re about 20 minutes or so. And one of the topics was when something occurs in life that you feel is ‘unfair’. Now, there’s a situation at work which has always felt vastly unfair to me. And the explanation came that this is grinding down the ego and a few insights on how to view this. It was Sooo useful to me and of course then I remembered my guides saying about having the answer!

The fact that I can find a quote at the click of a mouse tells me that I’ve been studying, learning and noting like I would any subject I was earnest about learning. I can’t carry around in my head all those teachings, much as I would like to. I feel them - but if I want a quick reminder what he said about something, or a particular subject, then I just fire up the laptop, control and f, put in a few key words and hey presto, I’ve got it.

That kind of methodical detail is also something that is valued at work by my managers.

Quote:
So, what does the word 'enlightenment' mean to you?

Nothing really - other than it being a word that is banded around spiritual communities as something supposedly desirable to be achieved. I’m not particularly interested in whether I am enlightened or not, whether I reach enlightenment or not. I’m me, I’m doing OK and I’m not concerned about a word I consider to be part of the old paradigm.

Quote:
This is where we're going to part company a little. I can understand where you're coming from in saying that Matt's way is where it's at, but it's not for me. Matt's way is Matt's way and I am not Matt. A little poetically, Matt's footprints were with mine for a time and to be honest I am grateful for his understandings at the time, but this for me has always been a Journey to Self.

To have introduced him to me you must have been watching for some time before me and you’ll have different mindset and experiences, so if you feel you’ve gained enough, that’s fine. It’s what resonates with you and we’re all different.

I agree that it is about a journey to self but I had reached a point in my life where I guess I had reached stalemate. I’d had my experiences, I had my views about them which hadn’t shifted in ten years, my parents had gone, there was nothing more I wanted to do in life and I didn’t see much point in being here. Every year my journal would start off with the line … ‘same **** different year.’ This had gone on for about ten years or so; at one point I had started to cross myself over before I got forcibly and spiritually pushed back. So yes, a journey to self – and this is where Matt’s teachings have worked so poetically for me, they have shown me HOW to take a journey to self, he has given me meanings, explanations, examples that I can see in myself, with (for me) the all important details and how to have a different view, a different experience – it’s suddenly all fitting together. So, his teachings have changed my life. It’s only been during the last year, due to that ‘personal interaction’, I’ve been able to forgive those involved in my trauma. I would never have thought that possible as I’d looked at many methods, techniques, videos on forgiveness but nothing worked but now, here we are. And how that interaction happened, when I stop and think about it, seems incredulous, the timing and synchronicity of it; it’s something I’ll never forget.

Quote:
As for the second part it's all about beliefs, and again there are no real answers other than your own. As Spirit are we Spiritual or not? Are we only Spiritual because we're here with a body, or are we Spiritual all the time? If what's been projected onto Spirit is true then what are you doing here? As Spirit you have access to the collective consciousness and all of that, so Matt's head is already inside yours. If we are Spiritual all the time then aren't we just as Spiritual when we're not Spiritual? And yes, to me it does become a lot of confusing nonsense.

We’re spiritual all the time because as The Police once said we’re ‘spirits in the material world.’

Quote:
You did know that you were Gnostic too, didn't you?

I’d accept that but not really labelled it as such. I think my ‘knowing’ comes to the fore when helping other people; if they talk to me about whatever’s bothering them, I get a feeling from their words, their tone of voice and also where the issues are, like I can tell them why the person who is the subject of their angst/concern is acting/behaving that way – even though I’ve never met, talked to them. It’s become stronger last several years – but I just think that’s me, intuitive, empathic. Don’t know if that is what you call Gnostic?

Quote:
Old age doesn't come on its own as they say. Strange that we spoke at length about dodgy hips though, and the healing of them. Something else that's going to be 'fixed' in the new year.

Oh yes, well spotted! Fortunately I’m not in any pain with it it’s more of a balance/co-ordination issue. I’ve found someone local to me so will look to do that in the new year (so we'll both be attempting to sort our hips in the new year!)

At the moment, I’m dealing with the aftermath of having a severe exposure to my phobia. A situation at work that I knew was going to happen and had planned how I was going to tackle it fell at the first hurdle when there was a change to the planning. A steady stream of me trying to cope and just getting more and more destabilised and upset with each hour until I decided to go home and work there. A very supportive manager who is aware of the situation, and a plan is in place to switch between wfh and going in whilst the situation at work completes. The physical impact like headaches, nausea, exhaustion, nightmares etc all from exposure to the situation, is going to take a while to settle. Last time this happened which was 2013 it took a good couple of years for it to settle. This situation wasn’t as bad, although there were other factors at play which didn’t help, but the physical and emotional impact of the fear is so de-stabilising. I’ve had so much trauma in my life, I feel as though I must be single handedly clearing fear from the collective!

But Matt’s just released a new video called ‘we are the light’ and as I watched it on Wednesday night, I could feel my energies lifting, it felt so soothing and right. As he was speaking, it occurred to me, that I never turned away from the light during this last week, blamed or got angry with anything or anyone. I still knew I was the light, so I was quite chuffed with myself when I realised that.

There have been some interesting things to come out of it, two very supportive managers who have been happy for me to lead the way in what I feel comfortable in doing. That would have been a million lightyears away in my previous place, as is the ability to work from home. Also, mostly everyone at work knows something is up and people have been coming up to me asking if I’m OK, people have been helping me, particulalry some of the people that I’ve helped in the past, so I thought of you saying that would be the universe reflecting back to me.

Quote:
NOoooo Take it away. Have you no shame at all? I'd forgotten that one and what it meant to me at the time, it seemed to touch something inside and made sense out of so many things. I was in the RAF at the time and felt as though I was a number. "I am not a number, I am a free man."It's kinda difficult to say much about that, it's a choice between saying nothing and saying so much.

None at all! I love New Musik, so different at the time, musically and lyrically. Having got three of their albums there’s some pretty good stuff on there, I posted that one because it’s probably their most well-known track.

I love all kinds of music and I have a pretty eclectic CD collection from Uriah Heep to Mozart, Beethoven, Level 42, Quo, Enya, Chris de Burgh, Diana Krall, Michael Buble, Genesis, ELO, Jarre, Prefab Sprout, George Michael, Medwyn Goodall, Jack Savoretti, Anugama, Nik Kershaw. I’ve got somewhere in the region of about 300 CDs. As John Miles once said ‘music is my first love’!

Patrycia
Old 09-12-2018, 01:04 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Morning Mr G,

What an extraordinary week! More about that later.[/Good morning Patrycia

It's been interesting for sure.

Quote:
I still take his teachings to heart, because the ‘wow’ moments are still happening and what is notable for me is that my guides like to join in. A few weeks back, I was sitting relaxing when I got this message that ‘you will have the answer soon’. And I thought OK, the answer to what, I would have many questions. I put it out of my mind and later thought I feel in the mood for watching one of the videos from the course as they’re about 20 minutes or so. And one of the topics was when something occurs in life that you feel is ‘unfair’. Now, there’s a situation at work which has always felt vastly unfair to me. And the explanation came that this is grinding down the ego and a few insights on how to view this. It was Sooo useful to me and of course then I remembered my guides saying about having the answer!

The fact that I can find a quote at the click of a mouse tells me that I’ve been studying, learning and noting like I would any subject I was earnest about learning. I can’t carry around in my head all those teachings, much as I would like to. I feel them - but if I want a quick reminder what he said about something, or a particular subject, then I just fire up the laptop, control and f, put in a few key words and hey presto, I’ve got it.

That kind of methodical detail is also something that is valued at work by my managers.
This came from you telling me about how your Spirituality had become a little 'becalmed'. Really it was about giving yourself a break Spiritually and remembering that there were other aspects of your Life that also needed attention at that time. I w2asn't criticising the fact that you have all this knowledge on the end of a mouse, what I was trying to point out was that You could have been heading for a Spiritual crash-and-burn, and often they're not pretty. You're quite the polarised energy person so a high energy period of Spirituality needs an equal measure of downtime.

Quote:
Nothing really - other than it being a word that is banded around spiritual communities as something supposedly desirable to be achieved. I’m not particularly interested in whether I am enlightened or not, whether I reach enlightenment or not. I’m me, I’m doing OK and I’m not concerned about a word I consider to be part of the old paradigm.
It means many things to many people, but the irony is that if you aren't that interested in being enlightened you already are enlightened.

Quote:
To have introduced him to me you must have been watching for some time before me and you’ll have different mindset and experiences, so if you feel you’ve gained enough, that’s fine. It’s what resonates with you and we’re all different.

I agree that it is about a journey to self but I had reached a point in my life where I guess I had reached stalemate. I’d had my experiences, I had my views about them which hadn’t shifted in ten years, my parents had gone, there was nothing more I wanted to do in life and I didn’t see much point in being here. Every year my journal would start off with the line … ‘same **** different year.’ This had gone on for about ten years or so; at one point I had started to cross myself over before I got forcibly and spiritually pushed back. So yes, a journey to self – and this is where Matt’s teachings have worked so poetically for me, they have shown me HOW to take a journey to self, he has given me meanings, explanations, examples that I can see in myself, with (for me) the all important details and how to have a different view, a different experience – it’s suddenly all fitting together. So, his teachings have changed my life. It’s only been during the last year, due to that ‘personal interaction’, I’ve been able to forgive those involved in my trauma. I would never have thought that possible as I’d looked at many methods, techniques, videos on forgiveness but nothing worked but now, here we are. And how that interaction happened, when I stop and think about it, seems incredulous, the timing and synchronicity of it; it’s something I’ll never forget.
The more we're different the more we're the same. Mrs G says I;m so laid back I'm horizontal and this comes across in my Spirituality too. But then I guess our definitions of Spirituality are different.

"The temple of the most high begins with the body which houses our life, the essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because they approach spirituality through religion provided by foreign invaders and conquerors. We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of rules, regulations and rituals created by humans, which was suppose to help people grow spiritually. Due to human imperfection religion has become corrupt, political, divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the Most High of Creation. Spirituality is a network linking us to the Most High, the universe, and each other…”
Haile Selassie

While Matt's teachings have been important they haven't had the importance that you've placed on your relationship with him. I can understands where you're coming from and I can understand where I;m coming from and understand the dichotomy between you and me. Matt's teachings came at a time when I really needed them and in many ways I could have written close to everything you've said here. The only real difference is in the relationship with the material but for me that brings its own understanding. To me, Matt has never been a tutor or a mentor, he's been more of a compatriot. THE first video of Matt's was about the First Wave of Ascension, I was never a fan of this Ascension malarkey but something inside almost compelled me to watch it. And I was glad I did because he was telling me what I was going through and it came at a time when I was about ready to lose it, quite frankly. What I get from the vids is that they seem to be a confirmation that I'm headed in the right general direction. At the same time i feel as if I have a job to do and I need to be a certain person at a certain level to do what I need to do, and becoming too engrossed with the teachings is going to take something away from that task. At the same time though, it's nice to know that I'm resonating at that level of consciousness. I can relax.

I can't remember which one in particular but I was watching one of Matt's vids and he was doing an affirmation. I never do them because it makes me feel like a complete wally but i was soaking up what he was saying. My experiences didn't define me any more and I wasn't the one who was having these beliefs. And while they came from 'somewhere else' that 'somewhere else' was still 'me'. But not. I feel so disconnected from myself, my beliefs, with this lump in my belly and all the **** around it.... It's not my lump but it needs to be here for me. It only took a couple of days for that to soak through and I wasn't even thinking about it and there it was.

Quote:
We’re spiritual all the time because as The Police once said we’re ‘spirits in the material world.’
The Police said I was speeding. Oops, wrong Police. Still, of we are Spirits in the material world does that mean Spirituality has lost its meaning?

Quote:
I’d accept that but not really labelled it as such. I think my ‘knowing’ comes to the fore when helping other people; if they talk to me about whatever’s bothering them, I get a feeling from their words, their tone of voice and also where the issues are, like I can tell them why the person who is the subject of their angst/concern is acting/behaving that way – even though I’ve never met, talked to them. It’s become stronger last several years – but I just think that’s me, intuitive, empathic. Don’t know if that is what you call Gnostic?
Sometimes labels help us understand more about whatever we're labelling, and sometimes it's not so much a label as a 'pointer' to something else. Basically Gnosis is knowing without knowing how you know, which is what you're doing there.

Quote:
Oh yes, well spotted! Fortunately I’m not in any pain with it it’s more of a balance/co-ordination issue. I’ve found someone local to me so will look to do that in the new year (so we'll both be attempting to sort our hips in the new year!)

At the moment, I’m dealing with the aftermath of having a severe exposure to my phobia. A situation at work that I knew was going to happen and had planned how I was going to tackle it fell at the first hurdle when there was a change to the planning. A steady stream of me trying to cope and just getting more and more destabilised and upset with each hour until I decided to go home and work there. A very supportive manager who is aware of the situation, and a plan is in place to switch between wfh and going in whilst the situation at work completes. The physical impact like headaches, nausea, exhaustion, nightmares etc all from exposure to the situation, is going to take a while to settle. Last time this happened which was 2013 it took a good couple of years for it to settle. This situation wasn’t as bad, although there were other factors at play which didn’t help, but the physical and emotional impact of the fear is so de-stabilising. I’ve had so much trauma in my life, I feel as though I must be single handedly clearing fear from the collective!

But Matt’s just released a new video called ‘we are the light’ and as I watched it on Wednesday night, I could feel my energies lifting, it felt so soothing and right. As he was speaking, it occurred to me, that I never turned away from the light during this last week, blamed or got angry with anything or anyone. I still knew I was the light, so I was quite chuffed with myself when I realised that.

There have been some interesting things to come out of it, two very supportive managers who have been happy for me to lead the way in what I feel comfortable in doing. That would have been a million lightyears away in my previous place, as is the ability to work from home. Also, mostly everyone at work knows something is up and people have been coming up to me asking if I’m OK, people have been helping me, particulalry some of the people that I’ve helped in the past, so I thought of you saying that would be the universe reflecting back to me.
For some reason I have this feeling that I need to allow things to run their course, to allow them to simply fade away. I also feel a change in energies so if that's an actual effect on the Solstice or not I don't know, but it feels right. One good thing about having a dodgy hip is that I don't feel like running around like a spring chicken, which means hopefully the reserves will be there for operation time.
Having a dodgy hip is a blessing right now because it's slowing me down and being honest, this lump inside me is having an effect I'd rather not admit to. The dodgy hip is acting like a brake, so that's perhaps a good thing.

I don't know if talking this through from a Spiritual perspective is going to be of any use to you, if so then by all means vent your spleen. If you'd rather not that's OK too.
Just right now my head feels as though it's a snow globe that someone's shaken the hell out of it and laid it down. There's this morass of spazz flying around inside my noggin and the craziest part is that I'm OK with it. I've also gone very cold and shivery, and there's a strange energy flying around.

You're in the right place at the time for you, and with the right people around you. Synchronicity upon synchronicity. That means the conditions are right for this to happen BECAUSE of you and not TO you. Huge difference. The sun leaves an energetic imprint on the earth and people, and this is the understanding of the Solstice - the earth energies are very different around now than the are for the summer Solstice.

Yes you are the Light, in more ways than you realise right now. The Universe is reflecting back at you and putting all this in place for you.

Quote:
None at all! I love New Musik, so different at the time, musically and lyrically. Having got three of their albums there’s some pretty good stuff on there, I posted that one because it’s probably their most well-known track.

I love all kinds of music and I have a pretty eclectic CD collection from Uriah Heep to Mozart, Beethoven, Level 42, Quo, Enya, Chris de Burgh, Diana Krall, Michael Buble, Genesis, ELO, Jarre, Prefab Sprout, George Michael, Medwyn Goodall, Jack Savoretti, Anugama, Nik Kershaw. I’ve got somewhere in the region of about 300 CDs. As John Miles once said ‘music is my first love’!

Patrycia
I always had a passion for things that were outside of the mainstream, especially music and New Musik fitted that bill nicely at the time. At the time I wasn't really an album-buyer, probably a reflection of my nomadic lifestyle and feeling very unsettled with myself. There were a few fits and starts along the way but it's only been since Mrs G really came into my Life that it's really taken off again. I have all kinds of nonsense and I'm not too ashamed to admit one of the CDs is of Gregorian chants. Music seems to be something else we can resonate with on a different level and our tastes in music can tell their own stories too.