Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 11-05-2017, 06:07 AM
Master
Talking Can You Walk On Water?

Well, why not? Slow coach.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

Of course I can, when the ground is wet
Old 11-05-2017, 08:13 AM
Master
Since this was posted in the General section and not the Christian section... The Biblical walking-on-water story is pointing to techniques that many yogis and ascended masters have learned, including for example bi-location. Jesus was
able to accomplish what he did, not because he was God, but because he was an advanced yogic master, capable of manipulating physical matter. Which is just atoms and energy when all is said and done... like molding play dough for a yogi. And yes, every human being has this capacity.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Probably, but I don't have the time to prepare nor the inclination.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:46 PM
Master
I almost never share the storey but as a kid I was learning to windsurf and due to a series of unfortunate events(dropped the rudder) I managed to drift to close to snake/seaweed territory of the lake just as I lost balance.

Being quite afraid of water I as a reflex jumped off the water surface and back onto the board. It was witnessed by 6 people and though the water was still really deep I didn't even get wet above my ankles. Couldn't tell you how it worked, I could say I threw my weight but I was already touching the water so I would have had to push off of something to stop the motion then move up and over a few feet...

My guess is doubt never had a chance to enter my mind.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Suspended
What has this got to do with general religion?
Old 13-05-2017, 02:42 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro
What has this got to do with general religion?

Simple. This website says that the General Religion category pertains to "General discussions about all religions and faiths," which undoubtedly includes Christianity (no matter that there is also a Christianity sub-forum),

and "walking on water" pertains to a feat that is often attributed to Jesus, who is a figure that was mentioned in the Christian Bible.

There ya go! Problem solved. Let's have cookies and milk.
Old 13-05-2017, 11:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
I almost never share the storey but as a kid I was learning to windsurf and due to a series of unfortunate events(dropped the rudder) I managed to drift to close to snake/seaweed territory of the lake just as I lost balance.

Being quite afraid of water I as a reflex jumped off the water surface and back onto the board. It was witnessed by 6 people and though the water was still really deep I didn't even get wet above my ankles. Couldn't tell you how it worked, I could say I threw my weight but I was already touching the water so I would have had to push off of something to stop the motion then move up and over a few feet...

My guess is doubt never had a chance to enter my mind.

Yes. One would be amazed at the unlimited possibilities that exist through an unwavering faith.

I would be so inclined to suggest that Jesus understood this.

Where there is no doubt, doubt does not exist. Only the realm of possibility.

Thank you for sharing your story. Very neat.
Old 13-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Suspended
Knower
I prefer to stomp dark energy down Myself.
OK. Like My profile pic. Anyway, thats what I look like graduating in the gold. I feel that now that I got My BA I'm done with like enlisted grunt work, and giving orders these days folks. But be careful when you do, take precautions, as according to some song, I did it all for the nokie, and I'm still hurting to much and might be grumpy somewhere.
Old 18-05-2017, 06:41 AM
Master
I walked on water once...pity nobody was watching me at the time. *sigh*