Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-01-2017, 02:43 AM
Experiencer
Book1 Mediumship Learnings - Share your Wisdom

What is some wisdom, and advice you'd like to share along the way from years of giving readings?

This summer I went to an amazing retreat and learned a neat way to structure my communication with a spirit during a mediumship reading (sometimes it's hard to move past what you are currently feeling/seeing/hearing etc). I was told to ask Spirit

Who are you with?

What have you seen?

What do you do ?

I find those questions really help bring forth further validations from Spirit and keep the reading smoothly moving along ....

and... go!
Old 26-01-2017, 02:14 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenifly
What is some wisdom, and advice you'd like to share along the way from years of giving readings?

This summer I went to an amazing retreat and learned a neat way to structure my communication with a spirit during a mediumship reading (sometimes it's hard to move past what you are currently feeling/seeing/hearing etc). I was told to ask Spirit

Who are you with?

What have you seen?

What do you do ?

I find those questions really help bring forth further validations from Spirit and keep the reading smoothly moving along ....

and... go!

Hi Serenifly,

When I was very young (5-10 yo), I could hear Spirit. Deceased loved ones (who were relatives I didn't really know well) would visit me in my dreams. It wasn't until my early twenties that I began a studious approach to dream interpretation.

A pattern that I noticed, after about 20 years of interpreting dreams, is that people have a preferred time orientation in dreams, as well as spiritual gifts. Let me explain:

People who have a past-orientation preference connect well with deceased people (because technically they are in the past). These people also tend to have dreams about the past, more so than the present or future.

People who have a present-orientation preference connect well on current problems, or health issues--meaning they are good about detecting present-day issues/concerns. Their dreams tend to be about present-day issues.

People who have a future-orientation preference connect well on future issues or potentials. These people tend to have dreams of the future, or predictive dreams.

I realized this pattern can be important to know because if you are a future-oriented person, you may not want to see a medium. I had this experience when the reader focused for 45 minutes on my dead relatives, who I was not concerned with at all, but she offered me very little about some future issues that I was concerned with. This also explains why a lot of my dreams are predictive or premonitory dreams, as I became future-oriented over the years while growing up. I still have mediumship abilities, but my forte is future-orientation.

Now, if you are seeking to connect with a deceased loved one, you don't want a reader that is future-oriented, as they may not get a strong connection with the deceased.

Just thought I 'd add my two cents!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 26-01-2017, 07:24 PM
Experiencer
wow. that is actually very very interesting Sojourner!

and incredibly accurate I believe. I tend to draw people who want more soul purpose and psychic readings, but I love mediumship and the evidence it brings forward. so what you explain is very validating for me and the people that are drawn to me for readings!

Thanks for sharing! xoxox
Old 08-02-2017, 09:25 PM
TonyG

When conducting a reading & I feel a connection I go into detective mode.
I ask, who are you, what job did you do, where did you live, etc & then I sense what I feel about them, the good, bad & the ugly.
I usually see images first, which is handy because I can describe to my sitter who I'm seeing, then I get the sense of who they are, were.

I get bored if I get a communication with a grey haired old lady who made cakes, it's just so generic, I don't even feel I need to ask them what they did, it's almost obvious.

Now give me a grey haired old lady who used to be in the hells angels and lived a crazy life and I'll put everything I have into that communication.

Readings will change & they are doing so.

I'm looking forward to getting my first reading with a computer hacker who did base jumping as a past time and met with, shall I say, an almost predicable end.

I like to have fun when giving a reading if/when it's at all possible.

I have to admit, I'm very different to most of the many mediums I have met & worked with, gave a reading to, with the way I feel about mediumship & the belief I have, but I get the communication, I get good validation, normally! And although I don't do demonstrations, I'm often told that I should because I have a great way about me with the way I conduct myself.
It can be a serious business but that's not going to stop me having some fun with it, of course when appropriate
Old 10-02-2017, 02:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyG
When conducting a reading & I feel a connection I go into detective mode.
I ask, who are you, what job did you do, where did you live, etc & then I sense what I feel about them, the good, bad & the ugly.
I usually see images first, which is handy because I can describe to my sitter who I'm seeing, then I get the sense of who they are, were.

I get bored if I get a communication with a grey haired old lady who made cakes, it's just so generic, I don't even feel I need to ask them what they did, it's almost obvious.

Now give me a grey haired old lady who used to be in the hells angels and lived a crazy life and I'll put everything I have into that communication.

Readings will change & they are doing so.

I'm looking forward to getting my first reading with a computer hacker who did base jumping as a past time and met with, shall I say, an almost predicable end.

I like to have fun when giving a reading if/when it's at all possible.

I have to admit, I'm very different to most of the many mediums I have met & worked with, gave a reading to, with the way I feel about mediumship & the belief I have, but I get the communication, I get good validation, normally! And although I don't do demonstrations, I'm often told that I should because I have a great way about me with the way I conduct myself.
It can be a serious business but that's not going to stop me having some fun with it, of course when appropriate

I feel you have to have fun with this stuff in order to keep your sanity. I don't really do readings per say. But I do let the cat out of the bag sometimes. I was talking with a man not long ago and I kept seeing flashes of an ugly green paint being splashed against the wall. Within minutes he says he had green eyes. There was my green light. Told him they were a chicken poop green and he had. a 10 speed bicycle that was a midnight blue or black. I could hear the click of its chain. The eye color was on the money. He did in fact own the 10 speed and had a phobia of driving. You can feel it when you open a door for others that leads to questions. Not ones of confusion but ones of clarity.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahill
I feel you have to have fun with this stuff in order to keep your sanity.

Too right. At my circles we have a bit of a laugh. Were all improving our mediumship and take it seriously but there are so many times that things happen that make us all laugh.

People not involved with mediumship must wonder how communicating with energy in one form or another can make you laugh but they don't know how mechanical it can become, almost like downloading a file, you don't think about where the file came from or what it is, you're just interested in what the file says.

Sometimes the file that gets downloaded is corrupt , that can make you laugh when trying to relay it
Old 10-02-2017, 09:12 PM
Administrator
I used to be a phone reader mediumship more than anything but I gave it up as I was fed up of people asking me about relationship issues.they knew I did mediumship not card readings.so I gave it up.
I used to go to a spiritualist church I walked in and right back out again the atmosphere was horrendous.
so I went to a healing sanctuary what a difference we did a lot there.i swore then I would never walk into a SNU spiritualist church again and I haven't that was over 30 years ago.
some places make light of what they do and they put the fun eliment into into it. others like the spiritualist church I first went to were cold.

Namaste
Old 10-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I used to be a phone reader mediumship more than anything but I gave it up as I was fed up of people asking me about relationship issues.they knew I did mediumship not card readings.so I gave it up.
I used to go to a spiritualist church I walked in and right back out again the atmosphere was horrendous.
so I went to a healing sanctuary what a difference we did a lot there.i swore then I would never walk into a SNU spiritualist church again and I haven't that was over 30 years ago.
some places make light of what they do and they put the fun eliment into into it. others like the spiritualist church I first went to were cold.

Namaste

Native Spirit I thank you for sharing this, honestly, You recommend the church a lot to other posters and I haven't had any positive experiences myself with the church or people who practice there, I have found it to be very competitive and negative and throughout my development have avoided it (dipped my fingers in it early on in my development)

Not to say they are all not great! but I am happy to hear you share that story because I couldn't' tell if I was the odd ball that had a not so great experience there.

Do you still give readings? If so how you do them ? do people just recommend you? I have found most of mine have been word of mouth referrals and I'm asked to go into an event giving mini-readings, mostly psychic, just quick little 20 minute readings by donation.