Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
Siddha Buddha: Honest dialog never happens when fear is the reason for change.

Yep - I agree with you on that!
Old 06-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Administrator
Hello

I come to here and read that and feel I will bring us back to TREAD ONE and we will come back to focus on what as first asked.

Is Atheism just an excuse to be selfish?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was thinking today about atheism and the belief you are your own god
It got me wondering how many Atheist charities there must be.They must be hiding them well because I couldn't find any easy. However on the other hand christian charity Search showed up more than I was willing to count.
This made me wonder is this Atheism thing just an excuse to do nothing to help fellow people and justify it somehow?

With this question, I am sure there probably is some really nice atheist charity workers, but this is about the philosophy of Atheism and how its beliefs reflect on/ benefit their fellow man.
************************************************** **************************************************

181 replies we sorted it out peacefully
This question originally was nothing more than a passing thought,it was more a passing question one day I didn't expect it to go on for ages like it did. Fresh in my mind from talking to an atheist taxi driver that day He didn't impress me with his concern for others and was not as much as some other people, he seemed a bit dismissive of his responsibility to other people. I wondered if there was a connection to his beliefs and his attitude. Then I got the idea to look up charities to see if there was any. Thats why that question was worded like that. So I asked the atheists and they showed me places where they do do charity and that they have good hearts many of them. I know lots of atheists that are nice people anyway that live near me. they dont mind my beliefs either.
Dont stress over this thread it's all been said before in it. I finally put this in so no one else worries about it.

So......here we be with a "Fresh Page"

Lynn
Old 12-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Greenslade

Atheism can be seen as an excuse to be selfish because people can be selfish. Any religion can be used as an excuse to be anything because people are the way they are. It's not the religion that's the problem here but what people do with it, and people are people the world (and religion) over. People are the way they are, and if they use it as an excuse for anything, well that shows show and what they are.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Narasimhan

Athiesm is one among many concepts

Atheism is nothing but glorifying the existence, just like we need zero to pinpoint the emptiness
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
I was thinking today about atheism and the belief you are your own god

It got me wondering how many Atheist charities there must be.They must be hiding them well because I couldn't find any easy. However on the other hand christian charity Search showed up more than I was willing to count.

This made me wonder is this Atheism thing just an excuse to do nothing to help fellow people and justify it somehow?

With this question, I am sure there probably is some really nice atheist charity workers, but this is about the philosophy of Atheism and how its beliefs reflect on/ benefit their fellow man.
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **************
After 181 replies we sorted it out peacefully

This question originally was nothing more than a passing thought,it was more a passing question one day I didn't expect it to go on for ages like it did. Fresh in my mind from talking to an atheist taxi driver that day He didn't impress me with his concern for others and was not as much as some other people, he seemed a bit dismissive of his responsibility to other people. I wondered if there was a connection to his beliefs and his attitude. Then I got the idea to look up charities to see if there was any. Thats why that question was worded like that. So I asked the atheists and they showed me places where they do do charity and that they have good hearts many of them. I know lots of atheists that are nice people anyway that live near me. they dont mind my beliefs either.

Dont stress over this thread it's all been said before in it. I finally put this in so no one else worries about it.
Old 13-01-2011, 05:41 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narasimhan
Atheism is nothing but glorifying the existence, just like we need zero to pinpoint the emptiness

Doesn't most religions work that way?