Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 20-05-2014, 12:25 AM
rosesandcoffee

Can you accidentally curse someone?

Soo this is asking for a slap on the wrist, but let me explain myself.
I've never been very strict in my practice. I like to work in what feels natural and brings me joy during rituals and meditation.
Singing is something I use in everything I do spiritually and like simple every day things (I found a bag of frozen tortellini and burst into a song about how stoaked I was the last few months have been really just ******. Part of it being the most immature and volatile break up I've ever dealt with.
For work I'm a producers vocalist ( I sing in other people's songs)
Well there was an album I was asked to write a hook for and used it as an opportunity to get some of the built up emotions out there, get some of the poison out you know?
During the writing process I wrote a really nasty ditty about the relationship and put some really negative feelings and wishes into it .
But I felt great afterwards like it had all left my system. About a week later I was in the hospital for a rare fast acting version of strept throat and stomach bleeding, and a few other unfortunate things followed. I'm not in contact with my ex so I'm not sure if those were the repercussions of a very nasty prayer or my higher self giving me the proper back hand for being so cruel to another.

The question is has using my voice as a tool in my religious a fairs bled into my physical life? Do I have to watch every word I sing, is there even a difference between the two? I'm very confused and slightly horrified about the whole experience any feed back help full repetitive or obviously is greatly appreciated!
Old 21-05-2014, 03:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosesandcoffee
During the writing process I wrote a really nasty ditty about the relationship and put some really negative feelings and wishes into it .

The question is has using my voice as a tool in my religious a fairs bled into my physical life? Do I have to watch every word I sing, is there even a difference between the two? I'm very confused and slightly horrified about the whole experience any feed back help full repetitive or obviously is greatly appreciated!

To curse somebody you have to have the INTENT - no matter what you say, utter, chant or whisper it's not going to work unless the emotion and intent are there. So, since you say you put some really negative feelings and wishes into it and if you were directing all that nasty negativity to a certain person then it may have found its target.

Are you asking if being in hospital and experiencing other unfortunate things was the result of the very nasty prayer you sent out or was it sent to you by your higher self? Personally, I don't think your higher self would do that to you. IMHO what we send out does usually, eventually come back to us in one form or another, some call it karma. However, there are others who practice magic and who will throw a curse at an enemy and not even think twice about it and most of them say they do not suffer any repercussions.

It wasn't your voice that dreamt up the ditty - it was you - even though you may have sung the words it wasn't your voice that dreamt them up and sent them off to their target; so in this case I can't see why using your voice would have any effect on anything.

What are you horrified about - the fact that you got sick a week later or the fact that you MAY have sent out a curse? Personally, I feel that you'll never know for sure, and different people will have different ideas on what happened. If you're not in contact with your ex you won't know if the negative energy you sent out affected him in any way or not. Chalk it up to experience and if you ever feel that you want to send out a curse again be really, really sure that you do
Old 21-05-2014, 04:12 AM
somnium

Actually while it is true that you need the intent to curse someone, most people do not know enough about intent to recognize a curse when they see one. Average people go around everywhere cursing everything and think they are God's gift to humanity. By saying something like ''most people are negative'' is a curse, or saying that eating too many tomatoes can cause heart disease is a curse, even though science tells us it is true, it is still just a curse in the disguise of truth. Good-will towards mankind is what people really need.

As far as negative lyrics in a song being a curse then I would have to say yes it is. Especially if you had negative wishes within it. In my path we have a teaching that states "be impeccable with your word". We recognize the power of our words and craft them to be powerful tools. They uphold the world and carry our intent and will to others. They spread knowledge of positive and negative forms and when you use them negatively it is not a shock that you are contributing to the negativity within the world.

Some call it karma, and some call it judgement and punishment. Reaping what you sow, doing onto others... etc. Once when I had the awareness of truth I saw it's great power that connects us all, and the lies that separate us. I told a lie then anyways and said that my leg hurt too badly to walk and in seconds my leg gave out and I couldn't walk on it.
Old 21-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnium
I told a lie then anyways and said that my leg hurt too badly to walk and in seconds my leg gave out and I couldn't walk on it.

lol that was probably your feeling of guilt that brought it on
Old 21-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Ascender
Was your intent to harm this person? Or were you just angry?
There's a difference between thinkig about it and intending to do it. If you did not intend to harm this person, then no. You cannot accidentally curse a person.
Old 22-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Administrator
To me to curse someone is an act of intent, and the law of the universe as far as im aware says what good you do to others comes back to you ten fold, if you feel you want to write down your feelings write it on a scrap of paper and burn it,it will get it out of you system just the same, but saying that your hospital trip could be totally unrelated,

Namaste
Old 22-05-2014, 01:47 PM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosesandcoffee
Soo this is asking for a slap on the wrist, but let me explain myself.
I've never been very strict in my practice. I like to work in what feels natural and brings me joy during rituals and meditation.
Singing is something I use in everything I do spiritually and like simple every day things (I found a bag of frozen tortellini and burst into a song about how stoaked I was the last few months have been really just ******. Part of it being the most immature and volatile break up I've ever dealt with.
For work I'm a producers vocalist ( I sing in other people's songs)
Well there was an album I was asked to write a hook for and used it as an opportunity to get some of the built up emotions out there, get some of the poison out you know?
But I felt great afterwards like it had all left my system. About a week later I was in the hospital for a rare fast acting version of strept throat and stomach bleeding, and a few other unfortunate things followed. I'm not in contact with my ex so I'm not sure if those were the repercussions of a very nasty prayer or my higher self giving me the proper back hand for being so cruel to another.

Greetings RosesandCoffee:

Welcome to SF!

The Power of Thoughts, Words, and Deeds--is recognized concept in my Tradition.

I follow the Nordic/Green Path and (in Ancient times) the High Priestess was known as the Volva. She had the Powers of ForeSight and ShapeShifting (primarily into a Raven and a Mare). She and her Priestesses would travel from Tribe to Tribe--where the Priestesses would sing her into a trance and she would ForeTell the Tribes fortunes for the coming Wheel-of-the-Year.

Many generations of my Family have had significant musical abilities.

We (likewise) have the ability to speak things into being and believe that what we think--becomes our reality--and with this the belief--that what we send forth is already coming back to us...positive energy (x3) and negative energy (x10). It is a heavy responsibility.

I realized the impact of this thinking--when I was 33 years old (many Moons ago).

I had just created a new Blessing Bag and was wearing it at the time. I had an errand to run across town--which required me to take the freeway--as I was entering from the on ramp an 18 wheeler ran me off onto the shoulder--where I promptly ran over a class bottle.

This part of the freeway was a three-way interchange--where the shoulder ended and there was no off ramp.

I was worried and upset. I just kept thinking (over and over--again)--"I hope that truck didn't make me damage my tire."--just then (on the adjoining freeway) the tire of another 18 wheeler exploded and the tread flew backwards--missing my windshield by only inches.

Following this incident--I began meditating and grounding myself (every day) in an attempt to learn how to keep my thoughts and emotions centered and calm.

It was an unsettling experience. We are only human and (for me--at least) it is an on-going process--while I am not (always) successful--the effort is well worth it.

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 22-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Knower
Hiya. In my personal beliefs all it takes is negative feelings toward a person can cause them bad luck, if the emotions feel strongly about it and during any act of creativity especially in verse will no doubt find its target.
I have had curses thrown at me by non wiccans who were unwittingly wishing me to fall on my face...I found out after a particular run of bad luck that I had a mild hex on me which I banished and protected against and my luck turned around...I was going to cast a return to sender spell but as I knew they had no clue to fact it was them that was causing it I saw fit to just brush it off, but she didnt seem happy about my reversal of fortune...so I guess that was enough and I just smile and walk past her now...Ive also binded her from involintarily doing it to others
As it goes I did kind of curse someone about 10 years ago by accident...the person, my ex and I was new to the wiccan concept and spells, and he was abusive so I left him to pursue my spirituality in peace but working through the breakup emotionally I can remember being so upset and angry at him for nearly driving me mad, I told my mother I wish he knew what he'd done to me...about a week later he list the plot and ended up in jail for robbery...at the time I wasnt sure if it was because I left him or because I accidentally cursed him to feel he was going mad...in either case, I feel karma has balanced out lol
Old 23-05-2014, 03:15 AM
Master

I do not believe that wishing someone ill luck or having negative feelings towards someone is classed as a curse or hex.

If those non-Wiccans were wishing you to fall on your face I would not class that as a curse either. I think these things are more like a psychic attack, maybe or could they come under the heading of the 'evil eye' maybe.

If a person has no clue that they have hexed you - then they haven't. How can someone unwittingly (in other words - not knowingly) wish someone would fall on their face? To wish something you have to know what you're wishing for.

IMO a hex or a curse is a magical working against someone done by someone who knows that they are doing it and sending it out to their target. Or, with the right amount of intent, anger and hate, a curse can be thrown on the spot but the person sending it KNOWS that they're sending and doing it intentionally.
Old 23-05-2014, 03:58 AM
somnium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
I do not believe that wishing someone ill luck or having negative feelings towards someone is classed as a curse or hex.

Do not your wishes hold power? Mine do.