Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 19-06-2012, 07:27 AM
Cherrypie

White cat ?

Hi Everyone,

Don't know if I`m at the right place but something strange happened to me last night and maybe you have an answer for me.

So last night I was doing my candle ritual and I asked the Moon Goddess to bring me light or at least an answer if I should patiently wait for this person or let go ( difficult situation). So as I was saying my prayer and holding my white candle I was faced to my balcony because that is where I can see the moon, all of a sudden this cute white cat pops out of nowhere !! Now I have NEVER in the 25 years that I've lived here seen a white cat ( or any cat) in my neighbourhood or my next door neighbours. I was praying and sitting in front of my door when this cat lifted up and pushed his/her little paws on the glass to look me straight in my eyes , I wasn't scared more suprised. So she stared at me for a minute and then she crawled back under this very small opening space and she was gone.

Maybe she was my new neighbours cat , they moved in about a year ago or something but I have never ever heard or seen a cat and when they open op their balcony door I hear everything they do. So weird.

I just wanted to share this story with you, maybe some of you can enlighten me on this.

Cherry
Old 19-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Sybilline

Hi Cherry,

I'm no wiccan, but I would like to share a story, my mother's experience when she was younger.

I'll make it as short as possible. She was waiting for a cab, really really late evening, then she saw this black cat staring at her, and she for some reason didn't like it, it was about 10 feet away, and for some reason it kept coming closer every few minutes.

She shooed it, and even threw stones at it, because it creeped the jeezes out of her.

It didn't go away, it still kept moving every couple of minutes til it was standing right in front of her, still staring.

This again super creeped her out, she kind of thought it would suddenly jump on her or attack her or something (she didn't think of anything paranormal).

She was close to kicking the cat when suddenly a cab pulled over, so she got in, and as soon as she shut the door the cat walked right in front of the car, the headlights shone on it and as it passed the headlights ---- the black cat turned white.

The cab drove off really swiftly, my mom was so puzzled, she asked the driver, "Did you see that cat?? It turned to white as soon as it hit the lights", and the driver said "That's no cat ma'am, that's a demon/evil spirit (our local word is "Maligno" and it can mean evil spirit or demon)."

So evidently she saw a cat, while the driver saw something else completely.

In your case, well who knows I would say the cat was nice. Perhaps a guide or a sign? I have read that animals can be signs, too. Just like when sailors see birds they know they're close to land.

I will look up what a white cat means and let you know what I find.
Old 19-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Cherrypie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Hi Cherry,

I'm no wiccan, but I would like to share a story, my mother's experience when she was younger.

I'll make it as short as possible. She was waiting for a cab, really really late evening, then she saw this black cat staring at her, and she for some reason didn't like it, it was about 10 feet away, and for some reason it kept coming closer every few minutes.

She shooed it, and even threw stones at it, because it creeped the jeezes out of her.

It didn't go away, it still kept moving every couple of minutes til it was standing right in front of her, still staring.

This again super creeped her out, she kind of thought it would suddenly jump on her or attack her or something (she didn't think of anything paranormal).

She was close to kicking the cat when suddenly a cab pulled over, so she got in, and as soon as she shut the door the cat walked right in front of the car, the headlights shone on it and as it passed the headlights ---- the black cat turned white.

The cab drove off really swiftly, my mom was so puzzled, she asked the driver, "Did you see that cat?? It turned to white as soon as it hit the lights", and the driver said "That's no cat ma'am, that's a demon/evil spirit (our local word is "Maligno" and it can mean evil spirit or demon)."

So evidently she saw a cat, while the driver saw something else completely.

In your case, well who knows I would say the cat was nice. Perhaps a guide or a sign? I have read that animals can be signs, too. Just like when sailors see birds they know they're close to land.

I will look up what a white cat means and let you know what I find.

Wow, in this case the cat didn't seem evil to me at all ... if anything he/she looked very innocent. The cat came out of nowhere , and this was eleven pm.. But thanks for sharing the story. I didn't want to let the cat in because I thought maybe someone was looking for him/her and this cat showed it's face looked at me for a minute and left.
Old 19-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Sybilline

"Cats perceive things beyond the physical world.

Anyone who's had a cat has seen evidence of this. Watch a cat on Hallowe'en night, or in the house of someone who's recently

passed. They are obviously seeing things that we don't see.

Another example is cats' sensitivity to energy. Cats are irresistibly drawn to ritual and sacred space. This is not always a good

thing . . . If a Witch's cat is peeved, it's not unusual for it to express its feelings all over her altar or ritual items.

On the plus side, this sensitivity makes the cat a wonderful companion in working magick. Cats can protect a working Witch, and

act as a messenger in the spirit realm or energetic level.

This is why cats are common Witches' Familiars."

Source: http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/wicca-symbol.html#cat

This is the most comprehensive one that I saw, the others were pretty vague.
If I would interpret it I would say the cat was either a protector, probably checking to see if you were okay, OR if it was a real cat, then it sensed the energy from your ritual, and as curious as they are she/he checked it out.

I love cats, so cute and sweet, but sometimes so insensitive (or seemingly so) lol. >.<
Old 19-06-2012, 09:08 AM
Cherrypie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
"Cats perceive things beyond the physical world.

Anyone who's had a cat has seen evidence of this. Watch a cat on Hallowe'en night, or in the house of someone who's recently

passed. They are obviously seeing things that we don't see.

Another example is cats' sensitivity to energy. Cats are irresistibly drawn to ritual and sacred space. This is not always a good

thing . . . If a Witch's cat is peeved, it's not unusual for it to express its feelings all over her altar or ritual items.

On the plus side, this sensitivity makes the cat a wonderful companion in working magick. Cats can protect a working Witch, and

act as a messenger in the spirit realm or energetic level.

This is why cats are common Witches' Familiars."

Source: http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/wicca-symbol.html#cat

This is the most comprehensive one that I saw, the others were pretty vague.
If I would interpret it I would say the cat was either a protector, probably checking to see if you were okay, OR if it was a real cat, then it sensed the energy from your ritual, and as curious as they are she/he checked it out.

I love cats, so cute and sweet, but sometimes so insensitive (or seemingly so) lol. >.<

What a coincedence I read that same article , lol ... I guess you're right, she might have sensed that indeed. What was funny is that I was holding the white candle in my hand because I was "charging" it and he/she was starring me right in the face as I was doing that. The cat looked curious by the way.