Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Master
Ancient civilisations and what they knew.

I was thinking about ancient civilisations and or peoples and their remaining writings we have now.

Wouldn't us people now be lots smarter and educated than they were and have a better idea whats going on?

It makes me wonder why people now believe something written on a rock relating to future times thousands of years ago means the world is going to end in the near future etc.

Do you think they really knew or is it hyped up a bit for tv shows and books?
Old 14-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Greenslade

2012 is a misinterpretation. If there are going to be cataclysms isn't not because it's been written in the Mayan tablets but because of the earth's procession. It's an entirely natural phenomenon that has been happening for.... a long time. The Mayans recognised it and documented it, they didn't intend it as a portent to the end of the world. It was a part of their science.

Actually, I wonder how much smarter we really are. I've been watching some history channel stuff on Ancient Aliens and even behind the hype, what you can't deny is that even 12,000 years ago they knew something we didn't. They knew how to quarry 350 ton slabs of rock, carve them out to fit into a jigsaw puzzle, manually haul them into place and then heat them so they literally melted to form a gapless join with the other slabs around them.
Old 14-12-2011, 12:06 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
I was thinking about ancient civilisations and or peoples and their remaining writings we have now.

Wouldn't us people now be lots smarter and educated than they were and have a better idea whats going on?

It makes me wonder why people now believe something written on a rock relating to future times thousands of years ago means the world is going to end in the near future etc.

people in ancient civilisations were not less smart.

they knew the earth circled the sun - they had circumnavigated and mapped the world long before "modern man" did.

with this comes the understanding of the cycles of the earth - the freeze, then the floods etc etc. there is evidence to suggest that all ancient civilisations had thier things like- stone henge, egyptian and south american pryamids, - etc etc all point to the same date and earthly cycle of about 10500 years if i remember correctly.

this ties in with ancient flood stories from right across the world - including what the bible story was based on. evidence shows us now that it is a regular thing - and guess what? - our modern scient suggests it happens every 10500 years or so......

consider this - if today you found out the whole world would flood and most if not all civilisation will be destroyed - how do you go about warning the survivors and therefore future civilisations/people about it?

carving it in stone lasts thousands upon thousands of years.
Old 14-12-2011, 12:11 PM
Master
WE are always in a hurry and dont notice things too. Its hard to notice anything else but computers and tv these days.
Old 14-12-2011, 12:36 PM
The Eagle

Quote:
WE are always in a hurry and dont notice things too. Its hard to notice anything else but computers and tv these days.

reliance on electronics and gadgets is fine - as long as you can sustain it.

it is interesting to consider the long term effects of things that society considers acceptable - like hours of mindless tv. lol
Old 14-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:

Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Däniken. What if everything he talks about in his book was made by humans and not extra-terrestials which he proposes. Would we be smarter now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erich_von_D%C3%A4niken